Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

Haevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm editing this post to add current progress, tools and patches.

Tools

CPK editor
Tool use to extract/repack the CPK files :
CRI Packed File Maker v1.36.00
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jwygidgmvdw

Patches

Text size
This mod will not affect the subtitle size, only the menus and messages.
it only make the font bigger, but doesn't fix the position or interface, which will result in some text overlapping or out of position.

1- unpack the menu.cpk
2- delete the files eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt from the /font/us/ folder
3- go to /font/ folder make 2 copies of eurasia.fnt and move those copies to the /font/us/ folder
4- back on the /font/us/ folder rename the 2 copied files to eurasia.fnt and normal.fnt
5- repack menu.cpk

Undub
Undub patchers from @aracom.
Xenoblade Chronicles X undub patcher v2.1
- now patches movies too.
- I redesigned the batch file(yet again), because it was really messy and basically not extendable.

Xenoblade Chronicles X undub patcher v2.0
- It currently only patches voices and gear.
- Fix v1 issue on slow PC. now checks if files are correctly extracted before running the batch file.

Last edited by Cyan,

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Japanese voices are possible, even without RPX modifications. You have to take the japanese voice folders, rename them to us and replace the normal folders via caffiine/loadiine. You have to do the same with movie files, except every japanese movie file needs a _us in their filename.

Cutscene voices are stored in a cpk, and we still have to find a way to repack those, so they can't be replaced yet.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Japanese voices are possible, even without RPX modifications. You have to take the japanese voice folders, rename them to us and replace the normal folders via caffiine/loadiine. You have to do the same with movie files, except every japanese movie file needs a _us in their filename.

Cutscene voices are stored in a cpk, and we still have to find a way to repack those, so they can't be replaced yet.
Are you looking for this?
https://github.com/uyjulian/CriPakTools
It can extract/update cpk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sharing the method or step by step would be great.
I hope you won't have issues with the additional files on the us/eur version.

maybe you should keep the added files so the game can still load them (in english, but no crash because they are missing)

Reactions: bigcookie

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EUR and USA release only differs in .xml and .rpx, so using either one of the other update, its possible to regionswap the game.

The undub will be limited to the files u could replace and might take some work for editing the .cpk to make it proper.

Reactions: Azel and Sliter

Shinryuuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As a long time lurker this thread pulled my trigger and I registered into this community. I'm also highly interested in this. I've been fiddling with files a bit but I don't really know what's the best approach here, like I wonder does it really matter even you had some extra files floating around from Japanese version as long you have the files you need. Also, I have to figure out the deal with RPX. A guide would be a nice thing to see but I'll try to figure things out as much I can.

Reactions: Gruntzer

K45

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As far as i can tell ev.cpk is the only file that needs to be edited, but i've only played for about 2 hours so i might be wrong about that.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I tried some things here, but it seems like the japanese voices are cut off at some places. Likely the game thinks it still plays EU voices and stops when the EU sound samples are ending. I'll try to find out where they store the info about sound length and replace the EU one with the JP one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: prime deez nuts