Gaming Xenoblade 2 story discussion *spoilers*

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just completed the game yesterday and can't get out of my head how epic Malos was.

What did you guys think of him?

For the last couple of chapters, I felt like Malos was driven by Amalthus but during that scene before the fight, the game revealed IMO that he has much more human reasons.. and is driven by what happened to Jin.

At the start he tries to brush off Jin's death as if he doesn't give a fuck, but then Rex starts to annoy him with his bullshit about Amalthus.. I think the real reason behind Malos's intent to destroy the world exists. Its Jin's tragic tale. He saw a fellow blade stripped of everything; the country he loves, the woman he loves and then to top it all off, chained to this world to live forever in remorse... all because of crappy circumstances and a few words a girl mutters on her death bed.

I feel guilt also played apart with Malos realising he is partly responsible for Jin's situation...

I just think its a really beautiful yet extremely sad story.

I think with the whole ending of Mytha/Pyra's sacrifice, this scene was slightly overlooked by a few people.

I love this RPG as I struggle to find a true "villain". Amalthus was a horrible person, who had a horrible past, and had no place in this world... He found his place within his illusions of grandeur that he was more to the architect than he ever was. Jin.. well I think we can all empathise with a man who lost everything. Likewise the whole of Torna had really strong reasons for doing what they did, whether it was revenge or a huge sense of loyalty to Jin/Malos. The level of storywriting is up a few notches than what I'm used to in JRPGs (e.g. Persona 4, Persona 3, Final Fantasy). Its honestly on the level of Trails in the Sky (which I think of as the gold standard for characterisation and storytelling in JRPGs).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: