GCN Xeno Modchip and SD Flash can boot to Swiss, or Xeno and SD2SP2 can boot to Swiss?

beeno92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have two gamecube console, one is EU, one is JAPAN, and all of them to modchip xeno. I've just to buy SD2SP2 and write irg.dol, autoexec.dol, boot.dol (swiss 1047) to root of microsd card of SD2SP2 but it cannot to boot to swiss. Then I burn swiss_r1047(ntsc-j).iso boot disc with DVD 1.4GB,and then JAPAN one boot to swiss. I can play more iso game in micro sd card of SD2SP2 But My another console, EU one, the laser disc is weak, it cannot read any copy disc or original disc so I can't not to use it to play game. So I want to ask every one I can buy a SD Flash and write autoexec.dol (swiss 1047) to the root of SD 2GB card of SD Flash aliexpress.com/item/33003582785.html and can It boot to swiss ?

Please help me the method to boot with Xeno + SD Flash or copy gci save file boot to Memory card 256 block by Wii, thank every one

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have two gamecube console, one is EU, one is JAPAN, and all of them to modchip xeno. I've just to buy SD2SP2 and write irg.dol, autoexec.dol, boot.dol (swiss 1047) to root of microsd card of SD2SP2 but it cannot to boot to swiss. Then I burn swiss_r1047(ntsc-j).iso boot disc with DVD 1.4GB,and then JAPAN one boot to swiss. I can play more iso game in micro sd card of SD2SP2 But My another console, EU one, the laser disc is weak, it cannot read any copy disc or original disc so I can't not to use it to play game. So I want to ask every one I can buy a SD Flash and write autoexec.dol (swiss 1047) to the root of SD 2GB card of SD Flash aliexpress.com/item/33003582785.html and can It boot to swiss ?

Please help me the method to boot with Xeno + SD Flash or copy gci save file boot to Memory card 256 block by Wii, thank every one
The GameCube will only boot software from DVD. Not from SD2SP2 and not from SD-Gecko (SD adapter for memory card slot). I'll give you some links to GC-Forever Wiki.

Refer to [GC-Forever] Booting Homebrew for all existing options for booting Swiss (most require the drive or are not available anymore). I assume you already tried Lowering the resistance for the laser – else try it.

In short your options are:
  • Replace the laser or the complete drive with working one
  • IPL Replacement (HyperBoot)
  • Optical drive emulator (GCLoader)

Good luck!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, it is possible to flash swiss to some of the modchips I believe, then you can load stuff from sd2sp2 etc.
https://github.com/vingt-2/xenogcfork/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comments/jag5wq/flash_your_xenogc_so_you_can_load_swiss_without/
Sounds interesting, didn't know about this. But if I got this right it still requires a functional disc drive.
github.com/vingt-2/xenogcfork/README.md said:
[…]You will still need a readable, bootable disc in your drive (can be anything).[…]

Now to get a spare GC and XenoGC to try this out…

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But if I got this right it still requires a functional disc drive.
I wouldn't think so. Once you are in swiss, you can load stuff via sd2sp2, or an sd card in the memory card slot. Not disks needed.
Although I wouldn't know - I'm lucky enough to have a gcloader :)

- edit. yes this method requires any disk to boot up. not sure if a backup is ok or if it has to be a real disk.

Last edited by cearp,

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No. You can't boot files form an Sd card with a Xeno. You can boot only cd-r. Put swiss on a cd-r and launch what you want from a sd gecko or a sd2sp2. Or use one of the many softmod with a legit disk. If your drive is not working the only solutions are an IPL replacement chip or the new gc-loader.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No. You can't boot files form an Sd card with a Xeno. You can boot only cd-r. Put swiss on a cd-r and launch what you want from a sd gecko or a sd2sp2. Or use one of the many softmod with a legit disk. If your drive is not working the only solutions are an IPL replacement chip or the new gc-loader.
Like I have said above and shared links, it is possible to flash the xenogc with swiss.

I admit it is not nice and simple, but it is a possibility and a good cheap option.
From looking closer, it looks like your drive will still need to be functional, one of the requirements is:
"You will still need a readable, bootable disc in your drive (can be anything).", I guess that's one of the limitations.

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: beeno92

beeno92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The GameCube will only boot software from DVD. Not from SD2SP2 and not from SD-Gecko (SD adapter for memory card slot). I'll give you some links to GC-Forever Wiki.

Refer to [GC-Forever] Booting Homebrew for all existing options for booting Swiss (most require the drive or are not available anymore). I assume you already tried Lowering the resistance for the laser – else try it.

In short your options are:
  • Replace the laser or the complete drive with working one
  • IPL Replacement (HyperBoot)
  • Optical drive emulator (GCLoader)

Good luck!
Before, when I modded the gamecube, I set the laser to 200 ohm (default 500 or 300 ohm) then it could read the mini gamecube ID: RITEK-01, and after a moment year, it couldn't read anything at all. original disc I tried many times to adjust the laser, but all failed, I adjusted 150, 100, 70, 40 .... ohm but it is not readable. I might have damaged the laser eye, if I put some fake laser lens in China, I feared they wouldn't read the disc, I used to replace my fake laser lens ps2 on the aliexpress and read well, but not yet gamecube lens. In aliexpress I saw many people saying after replace lens they could not read gamecube disc, Anyone on the forum has ever changed their eyes to read China and then tell me how its quality is

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I've just buy gcloader lite in aliexpress with 64usd free ship
That's quite expensive if all it will do is do what hyperboot does, right?

-edit. ha, the hyperboot still isn't available to buy... so I guess this is a good choice, but nothing like the real gcloader.

enjoy your purchase!

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: beeno92

beeno92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is the SP2 port needed for these clones? Because none of my Gamecubes have the SP2 port on them.
you need SP2 port to play game in microsd card, I've buy it last month, it very good, better than GC Loader original, the original you must soldering, and cut the case for flex cable, and the gc Loder Lite you plug and play, very easy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the SP2 port needed for these clones? Because none of my Gamecubes have the SP2 port on them.
I forgot, if your gamecube not have SP2 port, you can use your memory card adapter gecko to play game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs