Gaming Xeno 3D vs Wii

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, now that Xenoblade is available, can someone give their verdicts on the graphical fidelity of the game on the 3DS?

It got a bit of flack on comparison videos despite comparison videos not taking into account Xenoblade will be blown up on a 50 inch TV on the Wii whilst on a small screen if you're using a 3DS.

I'm trying to decide which platform to play through it on. :)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, now that Xenoblade is available, can someone give their verdicts on the graphical fidelity of the game on the 3DS?

It got a bit of flack on comparison videos despite comparison videos not taking into account Xenoblade will be blown up on a 50 inch TV on the Wii whilst on a small screen if you're using a 3DS.

Download a copy of the Wii game, and install Dolphin, and then see how it looks on your tv. Don't like it? Get the 3DS version.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

It feels better to play on the 3DS imho. I tried the wii version and it felt really bad.
Also it is less of a hassle to play via 3DS, and no wii controls.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It feels better to play on the 3DS imho. I tried the wii version and it felt really bad.
Also it is less of a hassle to play via 3DS, and no wii controls.

aaand portable! That's a must for long bus ride ;)

Reactions: 2Hack

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You miss kind of a sense of scale of the huge environments and monsters on the 3DS, but its convienience outweighs this. If you do not have, or havent played the wii version to compare it with, then don't, and just enjoy it on your 3ds.
I would have liked the 3D effect to be a bit more .. i dunno, enhancing the experience but its really bland in this game, to the point where i dont really care if its on or off. It reminds me a lot of Tales of the Abbyss on 3DS in this sense. That game was also a straight port. I guess to make the 3d have real effect you would have to tweak the camera settings in the entire game, and for every cut scene, which would probably be too much work. I think the problem is the 3DS can ony represent a set amount of depth before the effect breaks or becomes to strong and hard on the eyes, and you need to know how big the percievable depth in a given screen is and tweak the values to that. For example one room or a miles long field. seems they just use a overall setting for the entire game, where the only thing that really pops up are the subtitles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum