Xehanort’s Last Game Will Be Kingdom Hearts III

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I agree to what Nathan Drake said, Birth By Sleep really deserves a number of its own, since it's like the prequel of all titles, how about calling it Kingdom Hearts 0.5 lol, or Kingdom Hearts 1/2.

And I'm sure we'll feel the same when we play Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, because Nomura said it is more like a numbered title with a deep story that has direct connection to the 3rd title.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Byronic Hero said:
1234turtles said:
i dont care about xenohart , but i hope roxas will return to having his own body and axel comes back to life
I really doubt this'll happen. Maybe they'll do some "Sora-Roxas inner monologue" but I doubt Roxas will get another body, unless Sora were to be turned into a heartless again.

Maybe Sora's super heart can be divided back into his natural heart and Vent's. If this happen and and Vent was restored, would this create an odd/special no-body like Nume (Kiri's no-body) or would it create a new Roxas. Or perhaps Vent would have both his and Roxas' memories?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Birth By Sleep is internally considered by Square Enix as "Kingdom Hearts 0", Nomura's own words. It is a numbered game, even if it doesn't contain it in the title. Same goes with Kingdom Hearts 3D. They didn't call that particular one KH3 though because everyone knows it's supposed to come to PS3 and they'd be furious if it was on any other system (least of all a handheld). That doesn't mean either game is unimportant though. BBS was the most important game since KH2, arguably more important. KH3D, though not officially called KH3, is effectively the third game in the series not counting BBS.

About Roxas and Ven (spoilers from other games):
Roxas is one of the characters that Sora is supposed to "save". There's several characters that have become linked with Sora's heart and destiny, some that have ended up with a sad or unfortunate fate. BBS and ReCoded revealed that Ansem the Wise placed data inside Sora to help guide him in freeing these characters from their fates. Roxas was one of them, even Ven and the BBS trio. It remain unknown how they would handle Roxas and Ven both being freed though. They share the same heart (which is what gave Roxas his emotions and caused him to look like Ven, even granted him a second keyblade which explained the dual wielding ability). Deep inside this heart lies Ven's memories as well. I really can't figure how they'd handle them both coming back. Unless they just decide to combine the two characters. Or perhaps at one point, Sora or a hero will actually manage to merge into Kingdom Hearts itself and become godlike for enough time to grant each their own bodies. I really can't say at this point. Obviously it will be explained, but Roxas and Ven are both on the list of "needs saving". And KH3D will delve further into the data involved in the process. BBS Volume 2 also had some interesting scenes about Ven. His body is supposed to be housed inside the Room of Awakening inside Castle Oblivion. But in BBSV2's teaser, it shows his body disappearing. Interesting stuff. There's a lot more going on here than meets the eye in regards to Roxas and Ven.

Should be noted that Namine required neither a body nor a heart to have a tangible existence and emotions. She's clearly a physical being with emotions, though she lacks any of the normally required things to have either trait. Perhaps Roxas will have an existence like hers. She is described as an "almighty contradiction". A sort of miracle that was never explained (perhaps it still will be).

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
"Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts 3D are not the same. The story is on par with that of a numbered title, and I'm sure the ending will shock fans"
-Tetsuya Nomura[/p]

But you can call it just a spin-off and not play it. It's you who'll be missing out.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Birth By Sleep was the only game that wasn't officially numbered that I felt truly added to the series. It is the only thing that really grants relevance to Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days in terms of the story. As it stands now, Re:Coded is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Really though, if you haven't played Birth By Sleep, you are missing a huge chunk of story. It is the sheer amount of story that was really needed to tie together everything you had already learned.

What I want is for KH3 to come out sometime before the PS4 is set to release. So much time has been put into Versus XIII, that nothing has happened on the home console games in a fairly long time. I would gladly trade the two DS games and the upcoming 3DS game for Kingdom Hearts 3 to just finally release.
Chain of Memories has always been extremely relevant. If you don't play that, there will be a crapload of things in KH2 that you won't understand, such as Namine, Organization 13, what happened to Riku between the two games, etc.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMNIT!

Now I have to get a damn 3DS... I held off on buying Nintendo products, except a DS for 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories... and now this?

Oh well, I'm happy for those who have a 3DS... *goes and sulks in corner*

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaosdarkneo said:
DAMNIT!

Now I have to get a damn 3DS... I held off on buying Nintendo products, except a DS for 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories... and now this?

Oh well, I'm happy for those who have a 3DS... *goes and sulks in corner*
Don't forget about Devil Survivor Overclocked, doesn't it look appetizing? You know you want it.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
chaosdarkneo said:
DAMNIT!

Now I have to get a damn ps3... I held off on buying sony products, except a psp for bbs... and now this?

Oh well, I'm happy for those who have a ps3... *goes and sulks in corner*
Why did you do that?
i need to get a ps3 to play kh3 =(

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aminemaster said:
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
chaosdarkneo said:
DAMNIT!

Now I have to get a damn ps3... I held off on buying sony products, except a psp for bbs... and now this?

Why did you do that?
Has it been announced as a PS3 exclusive? They haven't really confirmed much about 3, who knows when it'll be out, and 3D is technically a numbered title, which in a sense expands the time before they have to release the next game, so it may be released on 8th generation systems.

So don't wory about those things just yet, just enjoy what's out now and worry about how much you'll have to shell out for the PS4/Wii U/Xbox 720 later.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So their finally gonna make the 3rd one?

injected11 said:
QUOTE said:
This story will be mysterious and quite difficult to understand.
Translation = This game makes absolutely no sense, but will allow us to make 12 spin-offs to "explain" (convolute) things further.
Can you have a spin off of what is essentially a spin off?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
aminemaster said:
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
chaosdarkneo said:
DAMNIT!

Why did you do that?
Oh, don't worry, you still have like 10 years to get one before KH III comes out.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why some people call the non-PS2 versions spinoffs.
Each one is directly tied into the KH story and explains a great deal.

Only one that I would even think to call a spinoff is the last one. The one on the DS where you are digital Sora and go into the Matrix or whatever.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL I am surprised to see so many KH fans on this forum.

Anyway, I am happy that Noumra is keeping Sora has the main character and plus we will be able to play as other characters as well.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
chaosdarkneo said:
DAMNIT!

Why did you do that?
Has it been announced as a PS3 exclusive? They haven't really confirmed much about 3, who knows when it'll be out, and 3D is technically a numbered title, which in a sense expands the time before they have to release the next game, so it may be released on 8th generation systems.

So don't wory about those things just yet, just enjoy what's out now and worry about how much you'll have to shell out for the PS4/Wii U/Xbox 720 later.

I think it's safe to assume that KH3 will be coming out on a Playstation system. If they released three on other consoles, then fans would be wanting the first two games on there 360 or Wii or Wii U. It would be a huge mess of fans wanting things that wouldn't be given to them really. It will be easier to focus their time and resources into just making the game for one system anyways. I would hate to see how long this would take if they planned it for a multi-platform release.

For the Chain of Memories thing: Relevance was granted in some way I guess. I thought learning why the Organization was there was more important than the Riku crap that they could have explained in about 10 seconds anyways. Namine was about the only semi-relevant thing that came out of CoM at the time of release as far as I'm concerned. Once you played 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep though, it fully tied together those two games in a way that made them far more relevant than before. Both CoM and Days were more about the Organization and what they were after rather than the Sora/Riku deal.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nathan Drake said:
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
machomuu said:
aminemaster said:
chaosdarkneo said:
DAMNIT!

Why did you do that?

I think it's safe to assume that KH3 will be coming out on a Playstation system. If they released three on other consoles, then fans would be wanting the first two games on there 360 or Wii or Wii U. It would be a huge mess of fans wanting things that wouldn't be given to them really. It will be easier to focus their time and resources into just making the game for one system anyways. I would hate to see how long this would take if they planned it for a multi-platform release.

For the Chain of Memories thing: Relevance was granted in some way I guess. I thought learning why the Organization was there was more important than the Riku crap that they could have explained in about 10 seconds anyways. Namine was about the only semi-relevant thing that came out of CoM at the time of release as far as I'm concerned. Once you played 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep though, it fully tied together those two games in a way that made them far more relevant than before. Both CoM and Days were more about the Organization and what they were after rather than the Sora/Riku deal.
i really liked days(one of my favs) and CoM(exept for the card system) and i liked playing other characters' story (roxas/riku/bbs cast) so i really don't mind fillers(exept for re:coded and it's story, it had a dood gameplay though) but what i'm worried about is that i will have to buy the vita and ps3/4 together now and my father is bitching about how many systems i have(dsi,broken dsl,dsl i got for 15 euro,3ds,psp,gbasp,gbc i got for free,wii(used for 150 euro when it got released) ps2, and an old psx i got as a gift.)which aren't really much anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)