OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Fans waiting for Kingdom Hearts III will see some answers leading towards the next core title in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Kingdom Hearts 3D will have a secret movie. Speaking with Famitsu, Nomura says the Nintendo 3DS game is between 40-50% complete.

This story will be mysterious and quite difficult to understand. It involves Sora’s secret data and Traverse Town. Famitsu blocked out two other areas that players will explore. Since the magazine did this these are likely familiar areas. Players will climb on top of buildings in Kingdom Hearts 3D so you’ll see familiar areas from a new perspective, perhaps.

Sora and Riku are the two lead characters in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Nomura says Sora will still be the series protagonist even after Kingdom Hearts III, but archenemy Xehanort’s role will end with the trilogy.
arrow.gif
Source

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing really new here. We were told Sora would be the hero til the end of the whole series and Xehanort's role would be ending with KH3 before.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wait what!? KH 3 is only the end of Xehanorts Saga?? That means Kingdom Hearts IV is very likely, with a new villain? *smells a new Final Fantasy*

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuff we knew-
- Xehanort saga was ending with KH3
- Traverse Town was in it
- You could climb buildings and rooftops (main gameplay element, saw in recent trailer)
- You play as Sora and Riku as the protagonists

Stuff we didn't know-
- The game's completion percentage (at least at this rate, it won't take 5 years like Birth By Sleep)
- Has a secret movie (stupid tidbit, i think Days was the only KH game without one)

Another thing- the unknown stuff in Traverse Town may actually be referring to characters, not areas. That's what other sites are reporting. It's possible he's referring to Xemnas and Xehanort's heartless, who both appeared in Traverse Town in the last trailer. Though potentially not, we've already seen them both in the last trailer and it wouldn't make sense to censor their names now...

We really just need a new trailer. They cheated us by not showing the game at E3 like promised. This at least confirms that it isn't canceled though (some people thought it might have been). Hopefully there's a new trailer at TGS, and if so, that someone gets a video from it. We learned more info from the recent trailer than this puny interview...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
granville said:
We really just need a new trailer. They cheated us by not showing the game at E3 like promised. This at least confirms that it isn't canceled though (some people thought it might have been). Hopefully there's a new trailer at TGS, and if so, that someone gets a video from it. We learned more info from the recent trailer than this puny interview...

We can confirm that as feared no Kingdom Hearts games are being showcased at E3 2011 this week. Churro, our lead news writer, is at the conference and has searched every-inch of the Square Enix and Nintendo booths for Kingdom Hearts goodness but to no avail unfortunately.

Upon speaking with Square Enix representatives at the event, they commented that Kingdom Hearts was ‘Not at E3? this year – indicating that the next KH annoucements will probably be revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2011.[/p]

Proof

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CamulaHikari said:
QUOTE said:
Fans waiting for Kingdom Hearts III will see some answers leading towards the next core title in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Kingdom Hearts 3D will have a secret movie. Speaking with Famitsu, Nomura says the Nintendo 3DS game is between 40-50% complete.

This story will be mysterious and quite difficult to understand. It involves Sora’s secret data and Traverse Town. Famitsu blocked out two other areas that players will explore. Since the magazine did this these are likely familiar areas. Players will climb on top of buildings in Kingdom Hearts 3D so you’ll see familiar areas from a new perspective, perhaps.

Sora and Riku are the two lead characters in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Nomura says Sora will still be the series protagonist even after Kingdom Hearts III, but archenemy Xehanort’s role will end with the trilogy.
arrow.gif
Source

How can they make the story even more confusing? lol.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
If it's about half done by now, they may give a release window or hopefully a date at TGS.

I expect they'll release it somewhere in Q2-Q3 2012 in japan, what makes me a sad panda because it's the game I'm looking forward to the most, but it's also a relief since I'll have time to save moneyz to get it while also buying some games I'm interested in that come out this year.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SamAsh07

What does that have to do with my comment? I am well aware that the game was not at E3 and that people confirmed this. I'm referring to older news from last year where Nomura claimed that we'd get more information at "next year's E3" (which is this year's). Instead, Square Enix had almost nothing worthwhile to show at E3. It's plausible that either they weren't far enough along in development and jumped the gun with such an announcement or the trailer released earlier this year was supposed to be the big E3 thing. I'm actually surprised they didn't just dub that trailer and call it new (it has been done before).

@Feels Good Man

If you've played the games in the proper order, and kept up with Ultimania interviews, there's not much confusing about the series. I've had no issues following it.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They need to stop with all those worthless spinoffs and make Kingdom Hearts 3 already. All those spinoffs, maybe except Birth By Sleep are completely unessecary and bring nothing to the story.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Giga_Gaia said:
They need to stop with all those worthless spinoffs and make Kingdom Hearts 3 already. All those spinoffs, maybe except Birth By Sleep are completely unessecary and bring nothing to the story.
Please do tell us more about the story of this one.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
358/2 does, and so does Chain of Memories, though the latter is extremely important and is more of a Kingdom Hearts 1.5.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
This one isn't a spinoff. It's being taken as seriously as Birth By Sleep, and developed as a numbered title leading directly into KH3.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Birth By Sleep was the only game that wasn't officially numbered that I felt truly added to the series. It is the only thing that really grants relevance to Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days in terms of the story. As it stands now, Re:Coded is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Really though, if you haven't played Birth By Sleep, you are missing a huge chunk of story. It is the sheer amount of story that was really needed to tie together everything you had already learned.

What I want is for KH3 to come out sometime before the PS4 is set to release. So much time has been put into Versus XIII, that nothing has happened on the home console games in a fairly long time. I would gladly trade the two DS games and the upcoming 3DS game for Kingdom Hearts 3 to just finally release.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
i dont care about xenohart , but i hope roxas will return to having his own body and axel comes back to life
I really doubt this'll happen. Maybe they'll do some "Sora-Roxas inner monologue" but I doubt Roxas will get another body, unless Sora were to be turned into a heartless again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)