Xehanort’s Last Game Will Be Kingdom Hearts III

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CamulaHikari, Jul 13, 2011.

1. CamulaHikari
    OP

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    [​IMG] Source

2. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Nothing really new here. We were told Sora would be the hero til the end of the whole series and Xehanort's role would be ending with KH3 before.

3. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Wait what!? KH 3 is only the end of Xehanorts Saga?? That means Kingdom Hearts IV is very likely, with a new villain? *smells a new Final Fantasy*

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Wow, finally a sequel instead of a spin-off.

5. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    I thought we already knew this... [​IMG]

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Stuff we knew-
    - Xehanort saga was ending with KH3
    - Traverse Town was in it
    - You could climb buildings and rooftops (main gameplay element, saw in recent trailer)
    - You play as Sora and Riku as the protagonists

Stuff we didn't know-
    - The game's completion percentage (at least at this rate, it won't take 5 years like Birth By Sleep)
    - Has a secret movie (stupid tidbit, i think Days was the only KH game without one)

Another thing- the unknown stuff in Traverse Town may actually be referring to characters, not areas. That's what other sites are reporting. It's possible he's referring to Xemnas and Xehanort's heartless, who both appeared in Traverse Town in the last trailer. Though potentially not, we've already seen them both in the last trailer and it wouldn't make sense to censor their names now...

We really just need a new trailer. They cheated us by not showing the game at E3 like promised. This at least confirms that it isn't canceled though (some people thought it might have been). Hopefully there's a new trailer at TGS, and if so, that someone gets a video from it. We learned more info from the recent trailer than this puny interview...

7. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    We can confirm that as feared no Kingdom Hearts games are being showcased at E3 2011 this week. Churro, our lead news writer, is at the conference and has searched every-inch of the Square Enix and Nintendo booths for Kingdom Hearts goodness but to no avail unfortunately.

Upon speaking with Square Enix representatives at the event, they commented that Kingdom Hearts was ‘Not at E3? this year – indicating that the next KH annoucements will probably be revealed at Tokyo Game Show 2011.[/p]

Proof

8. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    How can they make the story even more confusing? lol.

9. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    If it's about half done by now, they may give a release window or hopefully a date at TGS.

I expect they'll release it somewhere in Q2-Q3 2012 in japan, what makes me a sad panda because it's the game I'm looking forward to the most, but it's also a relief since I'll have time to save moneyz to get it while also buying some games I'm interested in that come out this year.

10. granville

United States
    @SamAsh07

What does that have to do with my comment? I am well aware that the game was not at E3 and that people confirmed this. I'm referring to older news from last year where Nomura claimed that we'd get more information at "next year's E3" (which is this year's). Instead, Square Enix had almost nothing worthwhile to show at E3. It's plausible that either they weren't far enough along in development and jumped the gun with such an announcement or the trailer released earlier this year was supposed to be the big E3 thing. I'm actually surprised they didn't just dub that trailer and call it new (it has been done before).

@Feels Good Man

If you've played the games in the proper order, and kept up with Ultimania interviews, there's not much confusing about the series. I've had no issues following it.

11. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    Translation = This game makes absolutely no sense, but will allow us to make 12 spin-offs to "explain" (convolute) things further.

12. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    They need to stop with all those worthless spinoffs and make Kingdom Hearts 3 already. All those spinoffs, maybe except Birth By Sleep are completely unessecary and bring nothing to the story.

13. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Please do tell us more about the story of this one.

14. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    358/2 does, and so does Chain of Memories, though the latter is extremely important and is more of a Kingdom Hearts 1.5.

15. granville

United States
    This one isn't a spinoff. It's being taken as seriously as Birth By Sleep, and developed as a numbered title leading directly into KH3.

16. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Birth By Sleep was the only game that wasn't officially numbered that I felt truly added to the series. It is the only thing that really grants relevance to Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days in terms of the story. As it stands now, Re:Coded is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Really though, if you haven't played Birth By Sleep, you are missing a huge chunk of story. It is the sheer amount of story that was really needed to tie together everything you had already learned.

What I want is for KH3 to come out sometime before the PS4 is set to release. So much time has been put into Versus XIII, that nothing has happened on the home console games in a fairly long time. I would gladly trade the two DS games and the upcoming 3DS game for Kingdom Hearts 3 to just finally release.

17. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i dont care about xenohart , but i hope roxas will return to having his own body and axel comes back to life

18. Shockwind

Member Shockwind GBATemp's Official The Last of Us Fan

Philippines
    Ha! No more Xehanort! [​IMG] I hope the game will be a good one. [​IMG]

19. ecko

Member ecko GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    ^this
    and optionally xion

20. Byronic Hero

Member Byronic Hero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really doubt this'll happen. Maybe they'll do some "Sora-Roxas inner monologue" but I doubt Roxas will get another body, unless Sora were to be turned into a heartless again.