Xecuter Wiip v2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pandas0nic, Jun 8, 2007.

Jun 8, 2007

Xecuter Wiip v2 by pandas0nic at 7:09 AM (3,779 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. pandas0nic
    OP

Member pandas0nic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Wiipv2

[​IMG]

The feature list is quite extensive and is always ongoing due to its massive 8k upgradeable capacity.

* Legal Distribution - Mod Is Blank From Point Of Sale
    * Boots All DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW
    * Boots All Wii Backups
    * Boots All Gamecube Backups & Homebrew
    * Supports All DMS, D2A and D2B chipsets (D2C is almost done)
    * Supports NTSC/PAL/JAP
    * Easy Install - Only 5 Simple Solder Points
    * 100% Upgradable - Massive 8k Flash
    * First Mod To Upgrade Via DVD, LPT & USB !
    * Ultra Fast 20Mhz ATMEGA8 CPU
    * Huge 8KB of Flash Update Space
    * External Clock to Control Read/Write Timing Protocol
    * Diagnostic LED's
    * Extra Features Via Dip Switches
    * No More "Disc Loading Error" That You See On Many Other Mods
    * Rock Solid In All Temperatures (Wii Gets Too Hot = No Problems)
    * Massive OpenSource Support
    * Can Be Used as a Universal Microcontroller Device - Many Future Uses
    * Mod Is Not Locked In Anyway Way - You Are In Control
    * This List Is Not Exhaustive - Many More Options & Functions Soon...

2. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    How many wires will this require to install? and will it go to the same points as the Wiikey? I installed my wiikey externally so i could remove it if anythin bettter was released. This may be it. [​IMG]

3. pandas0nic
    OP

Member pandas0nic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Five wires i believe... and for those that are to lazy to click the provided link at the top and read for themselves i may aswell copy and paste the rest from the website:

"We figured that the Wii mod scene was done. You had the Wiinja & Cyclowiz first. Then the Wiikey came out along with its multitude of clones. The Wiifree Project then rose from the ashes as an excellent homebrew setup with a great following. However after all these advancements we still see boot problems, disc loading errors, instability, temperature problems, slow updates or even no updates at all etc etc etc

It's been known for some time that we were involved with the highly regarded TCNiSO team in developing a new advanced version of their amazing opensource Wii Project (Wiip) however we have kept quiet on the matter until things were progressing to its final stages. Our goal was to team up with a dedicated Wii team and apply our own expertise to create a rock solid, professional yet affordable mod that had every feature that you could ever possibly ask for - the main being that it had to be absolutley reliable, future proof and simply that it just works with no fuss or frills.

We are pleased to announced that the project is pretty much complete. Currently codenamed "Wiip 2", this will be the most advanced and most stable mod to be released thusfar for the Wii console.

We are sure that this will be THE definitive Wii Mod Project. We are not interested in working overtime to protect against clones or hiding developments in fear of those who want to make a fast buck on our work. If people want to do that they will do it, the only thing that stops them is if the official product is high quality with great support and is smartly priced. The issue at hand here is to make a rock solid Wii mod that will once again have input from the community so YOU can play a role in its development (or not - where you can simply use the latest updates as a complete package as and when they are released). We will make sure the design is optimized to be as cost effective as possible so there will be no need go shopping for clones knowing that your investment in the Wiip community is the very best choice when deciding on your Wii Upgrade."

4. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Sorry man, I didnt realise it was a link. I read about it already on the team xcecuter site. Looks great.

Basically, the reason I wanted to know about the install is that I installed my wiikey externally using a 9pin Dsub so I got a wiikey "dongle" that I can remove if I choose. I was wondering if the five wires were the same as 5 of the 6 points used for the wiikey? if they are I can just make a new dongle with this in it and plug it in. No opening the Wii up again!

It seems there is no actual info on the installation. The xcecuter site says the picture is jus a proto or something and its gonna be rebuilt for retail. Maybe Im wrong.

5. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It will be the same as the WiiKey, it even uses the same hardware. It's possible that "extra" point on the Wiikey isn't used.

6. DGSystems

DGSystems Newbie

7. Louse76

Member Louse76 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sounds like nothing better than any of the homemade versions out there...

how much?

8. niklasnyfiken

Member niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    It'll probably be cheap, but not sure if it'll be cheaper than a Wiikey clone.

9. indiraider

Newcomer indiraider Advanced Member

The extra solder point on the wiikey is to allow the user to use the reset button to control the menu. It isnt anything major. Hopefully the wiikey team will be daunted by Xecuter and give us our shaqfuing update.

10. bell

Newcomer bell Member

Sweden
    It has nothing to do with the reset button. I do not know what it is used for but that's not it.

11. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how can you say that he is wrong when you yourself do not know the right answer?

12. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This may be a very strong contender ... OpenWii will surely have some major developments for this chip, it being related to the original Wiip and all. Sounds like I may be replacing my Chiip soon. Time will tell though.

13. arthurkok2

Member arthurkok2 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    20Mhz on a ATMEGA8??? i dont think thats possible. i believe they only go up to 16Mhz....and u need a 5V power source to do that...

14. zosh

Newcomer zosh Advanced Member

It is, using an external oscillator. Which is probably what they are referring to by "External Clock".

15. arthurkok2

Canada
    o i c

16. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    If this can play bleach and One piece on pal consoles I will buy it

17. bell

Newcomer bell Member

Sweden
    Boot up a WiiKey config disc on a non WiiKey modded Wii. Press the reset button... Guess what happens? You can navigate through the menus.

The reset buttons is software controllable with Gamecube homebrew, there is no need for a hardware signal.

18. allday247

Newcomer allday247 Newbie

United Kingdom
    This.

19. paOol

Member paOol GBAtemp Regular

are there any region free chips yet so NTSC can play japanese backups?
    i just want bleach and naruto >_>

20. arthurkok2

Canada
    i believe bleach can be played already with current chips