Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Xecuter Wiip v2 Announced

Open source, feature rich chip

wiip2.gif

Team Xecuter has announced a new Wii modchip codenamed 'Wiip v2'. The announcement says the chip will be stable and feature rich due to the 8k Flash upgrade space. Two of the biggest draws of the chip is that the chip will be open source and will transparently involve the community in its development and that the chip will be priced competitively so that there will be no hassle from clone chips.

Team Xecuter said:
We are sure that this will be THE definitive Wii Mod Project. We are not interested in working overtime to protect against clones or hiding developments in fear of those who want to make a fast buck on our work. If people want to do that they will do it, the only thing that stops them is if the official product is high quality with great support and is smartly priced. The issue at hand here is to make a rock solid Wii mod that will once again have input from the community so YOU can play a role in its development (or not - where you can simply use the latest updates as a complete package as and when they are released).

Feature List
  * Legal Distribution - Mod Is Blank From Point Of Sale

* Boots All DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW

* Boots All Wii Backups

* Boots All Gamecube Backups & Homebrew

* Supports All DMS, D2A and D2B chipsets (D2C is almost done)

* Supports NTSC/PAL/JAP

* Easy Install - Only 5 Simple Solder Points

* 100% Upgradable - Massive 8k Flash

* First Mod To Upgrade Via DVD, LPT & USB !

* Ultra Fast 20Mhz ATMEGA8 CPU

* Huge 8KB of Flash Update Space

* External Clock to Control Read/Write Timing Protocol

* Diagnostic LED's

* Extra Features Via Dip Switches

* No More "Disc Loading Error" That You See On Many Other Mods

* Rock Solid In All Temperatures (Wii Gets Too Hot = No Problems)

* Massive OpenSource Support

* Can Be Used as a Universal Microcontroller Device - Many Future Uses

* Mod Is Not Locked In Anyway Way - You Are In Control

* This List Is Not Exhaustive - Many More Options & Functions Soon...

The final design of the chip is set to change before release. Release is expected in the next 2-4 weeks.

icon11.gif
Source

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did post about it being upgradeable via USB... but HOW does it accomplish that? I never found out..

And I like how he says "Ultra-fast 20MHz ATMEGA8 CPU!" I realize that for that sort of application 20MHz is more than enough, but... having worked with computers for most of my life, I laugh at my dad who still uses a 500MHz P3. But then again, for a computer, 500MHz is nothing. For a tiny modchip, that's plenty.

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it costs right, then I'll gladly buy this and toss my WiiKey clone in the trash. That is, if my Wii comes back from repair without the pins cut.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn that's cool! I hope this knocks all the other drive mods out of the water! And that coming from someone who just bought a wii with wiikey installed... I am really digging the whole opensource idea atm...

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds very nice, team WiiKey better get that update out there ASAP or else I'm seriously looking to switch if this lives up to the promises.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no it doesn't have full import compatibility planned in at this point. Reason for this is: If they had that feature, it would be stated more obvious, not by writing two features that might be interpreted this way.
I mean... they are praising their "mega fast 20 mhz", so you can be sure they would praise the feature that is currently wanted most in the same manner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr