Homebrew RELEASE Xecuter releases libusbfs, an usb library to add external USB support to all homebrew.

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
https://team-xecuter.com/sx-os-v2-2-1-beta-announcement/

Just would like to put it out there that this is a really nice change from xecuter, giving back to the switch community. You can lambast them all you wish for past usage of open source code without proper attribution, but at least they are trying to play nicely by giving something back.

Hopefully this is the start of a continued series of development related libraries released to the public.

Edit- It has been made aware to me that this is only for external usb devices while running sx os. Boooooo.

Last edited by iriez,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the homebrew application would only work in SX OS so while it may seem like a nod to the community, it forces developers who want to utilize HDD support to developing strictly for their CFW.

It does not. If you run the application in a non-SX OS, it simply wont be able to read from the USB HD. Its just optional icing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait why were our comments removed?
They were on topic, we were talking about an app that started using the libusbfs in its latest commit:
https://github.com/digableinc/tinfoil/commits/master

May I ask why were they removed if they were still on topic, @Minox ?

I asked him the same question. We were discussing implementing the library SX just released. How is that even remotely off topic?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wait why were our comments removed?
They were on topic, we were talking about an app that started using the libusbfs in its latest commit:
https://github.com/digableinc/tinfoil/commits/master

May I ask why were they removed if they were still on topic, @Minox ?
They were removed as the topic owner is currently on a crusade to spread confusion through a sudden name change of his homebrew project to that of another already existing project.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
The library is just to use their own service "usbfs", so only works under SX OS. I mean, if you were hoping TX to release their code to use USB HDD, this isn't the day.
(the actual Horizon service seems to be "usb:hs" iirc)

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The library is just to use their own service "usbfs", so only works under SX OS. I mean, if you were hoping TX to release their code to use USB HDD, this isn't the day.
(the actual Horizon service seems to be "usb:hs" iirc)

You are incorrect,, "usb:hs" is just horizon's generic USB Host interface. This is the service all switch USB host devices must use (like ethernet). SX implemented a usb mass storage driver on top of that, and then implemented at least two file system drivers. All we asked SX for, was an interface to call their code on their OS. They released exactly what was asked for.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are incorrect,, "usb:hs" is just horizon's generic USB Host interface. This is the service all switch USB host devices must use (like ethernet). SX implemented a usb mass storage driver on top of that, and then implemented at least two file system drivers. All we asked SX for, was an interface to call their code on their OS. They released exactly what was asked for.
Thanks for clarifying blawar

Reactions: WiiuGold

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
This requires use of SX OS-specific components. It’s better to wait for libnx or another library to support usb storage without requiring a specific custom firmware.

TX OS is free for just homebrew. You're literally saying don't use this feature for this free cfw, instead wait for this feature for other free cfw

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?