Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.5.2 'STABLE'

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jan 7, 2019.

1. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Then people who had previously installed the beta would update to the stable build and have to manually install the next beta.

They did the right thing. They may be functionally identical today, but anyone running the beta version will get the next beta version.

Last edited by smf, Jan 12, 2019
    PyroGoat likes this.
  2. rrocha

rrocha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Portugal
    Code base is the same, but Beta has the Cheats. Stable doesn't.

3. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    That is not true, if you missing the cheats, then manually download the zip package from the website, and copy over the boot.dat from it, you should have 'cheats' menu on both sides, there was small mistake made in the first hour of release, so those that auto-update right away during the first hour, lost the 'cheats' menu, that error was quickly corrected, but you need to manually update, as the auto-update does not re-detect fixed ver.

4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Is it me or is layeredfs broken I was trying the Yoshi odyssey mod but now and again it shuts the game down with an error is this the mod at fault or sxos broken has anyone else had this issue?

5. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Try reverting to a previous version and see if the issue is still there.

6. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I will try it out thanks, it seems to happen when you enter certain parts of the game in odyssey say for example you go through a door it just shuts the game down. I will also try without the mod just to check that as well.

Last edited by Reecey, Jan 13, 2019
  7. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Odyssey's mods are outdated, I don't think the author updated yet for v6.2 firmware and latest Odyssey updates. -- That is what we found in our testing.

8. Delta80

Delta80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk

9. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes your right the Mario odyssey mods are having some problems with xci or nsp converted it either shuts down or freezes is that what’s happening your end.

Last edited by Reecey, Jan 14, 2019
  10. rickwj324

rickwj324 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    Ok.. I'm going to apologize in advance for a potential "stupid" question. Sorry if this one!! :)

I just updated to 2.5.2 and one of the options I was looking forward to was installing my .xci games to the USB hard drive (so that I wouldn't need to go into the album folder to launch games). I went to install an .xci file and only saw options for SD or SYSTEM. Is USB HDD not an option??

Thanks!

11. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    You can't install anything to the external storage.

rickwj324 likes this.
  12. rickwj324

rickwj324 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the quick response! No biggie. Will continue to use the xci files from album folder. :)

thaikhoa likes this.
  13. Deobulakenyo

Deobulakenyo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2018
    Philippines
    Hi guys. I tried to use the cheats for a game (Sky Force Reloaded) and the cheats appear on sx os cheat tab (2.5.2) but does nothing for the gane when enbaled. Cheats were from LordApples database in github. Sometimes the chest even crashes my game.

Are cheats enabled in 2.5.2 or is it still broken?

14. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I tested TX payload on my friend's 2018 Switch and it goes to TX payload menu, this means the console is hackable, right?

Or do I really need to try booting SXOS to see if it loads up or if it gives any error?

15. Essasetic

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If it pushes the payload then your friend's switch should be hackable.

guily6669 likes this.
  16. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    @garyopa
    Back to the Yoshi odyssey mod issue I have spoke to a couple of people and I don’t know if this is correct but they are saying the layeredfs is outdated in sx’s operating system compared to the latest Atmosphere build. I hope this may help so you can look into it. I’m going to test Yoshi mod on atmosphere and see what results I get my end I will let you know.

Last edited by Reecey, Jan 20, 2019
    TheZander and peteruk like this.
  17. PECONAUT

PECONAUT GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Quick question can I use this to set SD Emunand on 6.2.

18. Delta80

Delta80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    Italy
    Thank you guysss

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk

19. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    So.... Both NANDs on 6.2. Can i update SYSNAND to 7.0 with no problem? I think the latest SX update allowed to do that...

20. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Should work fine as long as you don't update emunand to 7.0 for now. You'll need the jig to boot into CFW though

JJTapia19 and alexj9626 like this.