Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.5.2 'STABLE'

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jan 7, 2019.

1. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    nevemind, stable 2.5.2 doesn't have cheats ROFL.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

wtf is going on? 2.5.2 beta doesn't have cheats either.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@garyopa Where's the fixed release that includes cheats?

garyopa and andyhappypants like this.
  2. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    really? I was about to copy 2.5.2 beta because 2.5.2 stable didn't have cheats lol

3. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I think there was an upload mistake. 2.5.2 Beta is actually the stable version as well since the sxos loader usually has Beta labeled if we are using a beta version
    So until they upload the right one no cheat support :( Seems like game mods work now since I didn't get infinite loading in pokemon lets go

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 7, 2019
  4. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    @garyopa , both Stable and Beta versions have the same (Stable) file inside the zip file

5. garco

garco Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2006
    Italy
    There's is no Cheat Option bug??

6. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    My many thanks @comput3rus3r for bringing this very urgent matter to my attention.

Lucky, I was able to get ahead of TX right away, and they admitted sadly they F**K'ed up, and have now re-uploaded the zip packages.

Sadly, for those that already 'auto-updated' to v2.5.2 via the 'Update SX OS' menu, it will not prompt to update again, so you will have to manually visit 'sx.xecuter.com' and download the new 'ZIP' package file which is now 17.36mb in size. compared to 17.30mb for F-K one!

TX is very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused their loyal SX OS users, and thank them again for being so quick to point out their error, that the 'cheats' were missing in v2.5.2 in the earlier release.

So grab your PC, head over to the portal site, and d/l the fixed version, so you can now fully enjoy a proper-fixed 'STABLE' release with all the bells & whistles, you have come to love and enjoy in Xecuter's SX OS releases!

(There still seems to be some confusion, over differences in STABLE vs. BETA......)
    ********* THERE IS NONE NOW! ********
    (This is basically a DUAL-RELEASE, as pointed out in the original TX news announcement both code branches are the SAME now!)

Last edited by garyopa, Jan 7, 2019
    mowsie, Garou, JJTapia19 and 4 others like this.
  7. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Hmm still not sure why a beta version is even mentioned if thats the case let alone uploaded on their site

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 8, 2019
  8. Whole lotta love

Whole lotta love GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2006
    United States
    If i auto update now will I get the right version?

9. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    I'm confused. In order to update the cheat engine i select auto update from the menu, but if i updated the os before the even more stable release i need to go-to website and download a folder to the root of the sd card that goes into the console?

10. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    I updated just now from the menu, cheat menu works just fine

11. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    If you auto-updated within the first hour of the v2.5.2 release, and you are on v2.5.2 BUT have NO CHEATS option, then you need to manually update again to fixed v2.5.2 from website, as the 'auto-update' will not work.

If you HAVE NOT auto-updated yet, now it will not matter the system will d/l the correct v2.5.2 and you will have CHEATS and will be on v2.5.2

12. Absintu

Absintu GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2018
    Portugal
    Tired of ppl nagging about Sxos being always on BETA? Easy: let's remove the BETA word and replace by STABLE - - - > Profit

JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  13. stick267

stick267 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Anyone else have an issue where they get a "Downloadable content cannot be played" message after installing an XCI?

14. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Well they actually fixed alot of things among getting rid of Beta. In the last 2 Beta updates we couldn't use game mods

15. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    That should had been fixed in v2.5.1 BETA it was one of the key points in the changelog.

16. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    pkmn lets go mod wasn't still working for me until now with this update. Also other sxos users reported not working

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 8, 2019
  17. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Ok, that is good to know, I wonder what is special about that mod, will have to grab it and look at it. -- I hear some people reporting NES online injector mods for 'adding nes games to library' was also not working on v2.5.1 BETA, and that uses the similar LayeredFS, will have to check to see if that is fixed now also -- Thanks for your feedback.

MasterJ360 likes this.
  18. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Thanks ,, Amazing work !!!

19. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    could you please ask them to fix the cheat engine codetype 2? it has been broken since 2.2 beta
    # Code Type 2: End of conditional statement 20000000 This code type terminates an conditional block (Code type 3 or 8)

comput3rus3r likes this.
  20. Bumblecito

Bumblecito Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Mexico
    I did report about NES online injector mods issue, but that issue was not related to sxos 2.5.1 beta (my bad), actually the issue was caused because of the app update 2.0.0 which brakes the old rom pack mod.
    With the correct and updated mod pack everyhing is working great since 2.5.1 beta.

Thanks for the support btw !

Last edited by Bumblecito, Jan 9, 2019
    garyopa likes this.