Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.5

Also Introducing 'SX Server' v1.1, a new separate download for advanced users!
SX_Server_11_1.jpg

Team-Xecuter has updated their SX Installer app, check out the changes below:
While our SX OS team is hard at work on our upcoming update supporting Nintendo's 7.0.x firmware, the SX Installer team is happy to bring you another update adding some of the most requests features we received from users by email.
  • increased single-threaded install speed.
  • added option for multi-threaded network install to increase install speed.
  • fixed memory issue with tiny game icon diplay.
  • fixed slow boot time when retroarch has a large collection of thumbnails.
  • more responsive UI menus.
  • added support for the new "SX Server" to easily install NSP's from a windows PC over the network or through direct USB connection.
  • General UI enhancements.
SX Server v1.1 is a separate download for advanced users (Windows PC is required).

SX_APP_15.jpg SX_Server_11_2.jpg

More to come soon from us, meanwhile, enjoy this update and thank you for your patience.

-=< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >=-

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I do not trust that server exe at all, 60mb is nowhere near the size that kind of application would be, I bet it is holding stuff in resources and dumping and executing.
"Trojan.Shelma" detection on VirusTotal btw has commonly been occured through network infection, it's possible its a false detection due to it sending files over the network but it seems unlikely
The TrapMiner detection is definitely a false positive, no joke that thing thinks everything is a virus including a blank .exe

Its a C++ exe btw
https://i.imgur.com/gXzfjTc.png

It uses a Zero2XCI Library too btw, so even for a fucking server they are robbing shit....

https://i.imgur.com/heMnfSC.png
It's setting temp related paths to your System Environment (%PATH%) no idea why

It has Python Installer embed in it, its possibly adding python to PATH.
It installs silently and using an embed resource, it creates a temp path, extracts from resources to the temp paht the installer, and then executes it and adds to path.
Its not trustworthy imo, since its installing a potentially malicious/modified python package

It also seems to have a VC++ Redistributable embed that it also installs.

These 2 seem to be compressed and then included in the exe as a resource

Also the exe is obfuscated and virtualized in some areas, they REALLY dont want people reading it's code.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
People always have their argument
Did I ever say anything close to that? Go ahead and look. I'll wait.

No?

Ok, I'm saying SX STILL, this very moment, has features that free solutions don't have. You said, that's a blatant lie... after giving them cred for emunand... something that no other solution has.

Seriously, you need to stop posting in SX threads. You bring zero to the table.

The fact that SX users can switch to other cfws without any hesitation while others are waiting for their "15th June"

Reactions: urherenow

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I do not trust that server exe at all, 60mb is nowhere near the size that kind of application would be, I bet it is holding stuff in resources and dumping and executing.
"Trojan.Shelma" detection on VirusTotal btw has commonly been occured through network infection, it's possible its a false detection due to it sending files over the network but it seems unlikely
The TrapMiner detection is definitely a false positive, no joke that thing thinks everything is a virus including a blank .exe

Its a C++ exe btw
https://i.imgur.com/gXzfjTc.png

It uses a Zero2XCI Library too btw, so even for a fucking server they are robbing shit....

https://i.imgur.com/heMnfSC.png
It's setting temp related paths to your System Environment (%PATH%) no idea why

It has Python Installer embed in it, its possibly adding python to PATH.
It installs silently and using an embed resource, it creates a temp path, extracts from resources to the temp paht the installer, and then executes it and adds to path.
Its not trustworthy imo, since its installing a potentially malicious/modified python package

It also seems to have a VC++ Redistributable embed that it also installs.

These 2 seem to be compressed and then included in the exe as a resource

Also the exe is obfuscated and virtualized in some areas, they REALLY dont want people reading it's code.
They bundled the whole resources needed. Good analysis, friend. Most useful post here, yet.

Reactions: PRAGMA

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And some ppl assumed their support would flop like Gateway. I'd probably be upset too if I were still waiting on emunand, but either way we are still using/supporting opensource material
just in a repackaged manner. Its stolen work, but still support. I hope i'm on topic this time :)

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We have emunand. My switch is updated to 7.0.1. Playing smash and diablo online right now, while enjoying 6.2 emunand while others have to wait till 7.0.x support is finished.
Wait , are you playing online on the emunand or the sysnand like the 3ds ?

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And some ppl assumed their support would flop like Gateway. I'd probably be upset too if I were still waiting on emunand, but either way we are still using/supporting opensource material
just in a repackaged manner. Its stolen work, but still support. I hope i'm on topic this time :)
Let's keep in mind Gary has also promoted Gateway as well. It's also likely Gary controls both TX and Stargate. And it also lasted a year before support was dropped.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's keep in mind Gary has also promoted Gateway as well. It's also likely Gary controls both TX and Stargate. And it also lasted a year before support was dropped.
That maybe true but the only way I see TX dropping support is when opensource drops their cards aswell;)

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
At the risk of going off-topic, this translates to "I spent at least $45 for stuff that you can do for free"

Are your ROMs drag and drop. Can you run ROMs off of a HDD? Can you create a emunand on your SD card to install stuff without getting banned? All for free? I don't think you can buddy

Reactions: gizmomelb

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They are waiting for the others to finish their work for them XD

sounds legit.. every team of Asian students or workers I have ever had the err.. good luck? to be saddled with .. have never done any original work throughout the project. They copy stuff from online, from each other, mistakes and all verbatim. It's common South Eastern culture to do that and even when caught out they still smile and ignore it. Mei Banfa.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there's a first time for everything :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

conspiracy theorist much? you can take that TINFOIL off your head.. direct from the author - "..its python script compiled with pyinstaller. its literally just nut compiled, you can run it without compiling by running server.py "

so if you don't trust the EXE or use *nix then go grab the latest NUT master and compile / run it how you like. The server is precompiled for the not so technical users who have no idea how to run python or configure the app themselves.

Last edited by gizmomelb,
Reactions: Owenge

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
And still no NSP to XCI conversion support. Still worthless.
It will never be an option you cannot convert nsp to xci there is a lot more needed in an xci that an nsp cannot convert too, you can the other way. It’s the same as suggesting why didn’t gateway ever have a conversion from 3ds cia to rom, reason being it cannot be done.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu