Xecuter Coolrunner catch?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Arizato, Oct 10, 2012.

Oct 10, 2012

Xecuter Coolrunner catch? by Arizato at 7:41 PM (1,241 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Arizato
    OP

Member Arizato Memento Mori

Sweden
    Hello!

So I am completely new to the Xbox 360 modding scene and I would like some questions to be answered. I am going to send my Xbox 360 to a retailer and they will install the Xecuter Coolrunner modchip. They say that I can load backups from an external harddrive and the Xbox 360 harddrive, play emulators, backup games directly on the console, make it region free, etc.

I do have a couple of questions though:

1. Is Xecuter Coolrunner compatible with every game? I had a friend who flashed his DVD-drive and he had to reflash it just because some of his games got a new kind of protection. Will this happen with the modchip?

2. Does Coolrunner support all formats (NTFS, FAT, FAT32)?

3. Do you need a USB stick with specific files like you do with the Wii to work?

4. If any games block the modchip, which ones? Is there a list? Can you modify the games to remove the blocking?

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Yep that's possible.

1. The chip only boots the console to a hacked state. that's all.

2. Your 360 can only support FAT32 externals.

3. Yes and no.
    If you have an internal drive then install FSD on it, it'll allow you to execute .xex rips (individual game files) as wel as GOD games (for the MS dash)
    Along with XBLA, Homebrew, XBLindie (with dashlaunch 3.0+ and FSD 3.0) and Xbox 1 games.

4. They can't.
    You'll need to build a newly hacked NAND every time there is an update (360 Multi builder can do this)
    And then update the dash with the 360 update found on xbox.com

1 person likes this.
  3. Arizato
    OP

Member Arizato Memento Mori

Sweden
    Thanks!
    Just one more question: My Xbox 360 has the latest update, but I can still chip it, right?

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    15574?

Nope.
    You'll have to wait until there's a workaround or get a old 360 with dash 14719 or lower.