ROM Hack Xdelta Ui Question?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get into this post, I will say that I have read up on as much information on Xdelta Ui, I have patched games in the past with out getting this error. With out further a do, I am trying to patch tales of innocence like most ppl who have been waiting for this to come out. However, every time I do I get either this annoying error message:

XDeltas: source file too short: XD3_Invalid_Input

or this one:

Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_Invalid_Input

what the heck dose that mean, it makes a 120MB NDS file after I hit ok....I tried playing the file it lets me up to the point where Luca tell the Arca guards to let her go. Once the battle start Black screen and nothing, I hear the music though. Any ideas on what, why or how I'm doing this wrong, and how to fix it? Is 120MB correct? any help would be great! Also I am using Windows 7 32bit and my UAC is off...just to let you all know for those who help! I have tried changing the extentions to Xdelta instead of .dat, I tried renaming the NDS rom to toi like the translation patch is, no go!

Reactions: gatekeeper1122

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using a clean rom?
smile.gif

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure am...downloaded it from sources...it keeps giving me errors...the gui that noname mentioned dosen't seem to work and I wish it would I like it more then the Ui....
smile.gif

FYI: when I hit apply Patch on the GUi nothing happens, I don't know maybe it's a Windows 7 thing!....lol, I wish some one would upload a pre-patched version of this game to one of the many roms sites already...lol!

gyenming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same problem as Centrix.

[EDIT] I used the xDelta with the .dat file renamed and it worked. The Xdelta gui that noname linked didn't work.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I figured on mentioning rom sites just was sure if it was cool or not, it's been changed, thanks!, Still nothing though, I have no clue what the problem is I have all the lates updates, .nets, and graphic updates...?

I so want to play this game!!!

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try using the one that was mentioned in the readme? Also, forgot to mention, you don't need to rename (ie. change the file format from .dat to .xdelta) the patch.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have tried both methods, neither works as I mentioned in my post, I used the one they mentioned in the read me, the Xdelta Ui, it's weird I've used it before...I don't now whats going on...lol

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing there are some problems with using xdelta in windows 7. You can try changing Xdelta Ui's compatibility mode before you run it.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, Good to know I fail at something, was getting tired of be good at everything...
tongue.gif
, well, if you had no probs running it on Windows 7 Normmatt, I wonder why I am? I mean even a chimp could use the Ui or Gui it's just that simple, you can't screw it up. It's so self explanatory, what version of windows 7 are you running Normmatt?, and what bit is it, 64 or 32? also what did you do differently from what I've done so far?

Tarani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of a 120MB .nds before - should be 128. Have you tried re-downloading the ROM? Because that sounds like what's causing your first error.

Silphex

Violating scooters since '90
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude I have Windows 7 and I did have the same problem as you so heres what I did. Use just the normal xDelta UI, make a copy of the TOI rom so you have 2 and change the name on one of them so you can tell the difference between the two, use the patch on AbsolouteZero's site, dont edit it in anyway, then as the source file use one of the TOI roms and in the output file use the other TOI rom, this worked for me after trying everything else, hope it works for you =).

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the first error, and it was either a bad or pre-trimmed rom. Redownload it, and keep in mind that the filesize should be exactly 128 MB both before and after patching. The CRC of the clean ToI should be AFA9C467. I've already posted this in the translation thread itself, and it seemed to help people.

Reactions: gatekeeper1122

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLLY, HELL, It Worked, it FREAKEN, Worked, Yippeeeeeeeee! WA HoooooO!, Thanks SylvWolf, and to every one else who helped me get through my time of Tales With drawal...lol

mylitomutalisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with this myself, did you rename the patch to .xdelta? My xdelta patcher won't recognize the clean patch in it's .dat form.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over