Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Following this for when loadline works on legit copies on 5.5.0U or whatever the latest one is for USA

Grinding tickets is boring and easy.

Could you find a way to change the modifiers on equipped items? (In other words, If something has like HP UP XX on a chestpiece that's equipped, to change this to TP UP XX instead?)
Finding a piece of armor I like, with the stats I like, is frustrating and I'd like to avoid that whole bullshit entirely.

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XCXGecko v1.2.1 released! I've implemented all the major features that I wanted to, so it's time to reduce the update pace, and enjoy this and other games :D

Happy holidays y'all!

Following this for when loadline works on legit copies on 5.5.0U or whatever the latest one is for USA

Grinding tickets is boring and easy.

Could you find a way to change the modifiers on equipped items? (In other words, If something has like HP UP XX on a chestpiece that's equipped, to change this to TP UP XX instead?)
Finding a piece of armor I like, with the stats I like, is frustrating and I'd like to avoid that whole bullshit entirely.

I might look into how single-amount items (e.g. armor, weapon, ...) are stored, but since there are so many combinations of name+rarity+perks+slots+etc., I don't currently have plans to update the GUI. This is a great opportunity to contribute to this project though -- I look forward to github pull requests :P

Last edited by MiMiCAX,
Reactions: Gadorach

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XCXGecko v1.2.1 released! I've implemented all the major features that I wanted to, so it's time to reduce the update pace, and enjoy this and other games :D

Happy holidays y'all!

I might look into how single-amount items (e.g. armor, weapon, ...) are stored, but since there are so many combinations of name+rarity+perks+slots+etc., I don't currently have plans to update the GUI. This is a great opportunity to contribute to this project though -- I look forward to github pull requests :P
Before you drop it for a bit, think you could look into jump height and movement speed? Seeing as there's no fall damage, it would make catching back up much easier as reaching those FN points would be a cinch haha

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you drop it for a bit, think you could look into jump height and movement speed? Seeing as there's no fall damage, it would make catching back up much easier as reaching those FN points would be a cinch haha
I know right he forgotten the funner mods lol
It's hard to do random pokes like these; after all, what makes you think that these are even variables, as opposed to constants set in code/enforced by engine? You might have better luck exploring the cpk files for some config files, assuming that mono engine is coded similar to Unreal.

Hi, in latest version of the trainer can't poke breast sizes of protagonist, only read them.
I'll look into it in the morning. I remember testing all 4 of @Ailuros27's code successfully, and across saves.

Last edited by MiMiCAX,

kidle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so, only works for smbm disk owners? :(. Hope anyone can do a v4.0 of loadiine+pygecko to work with miimaker.

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try looking in the floats
Not to sound condescending, but how do you know which word in the 0x10000000 to 0x50000000 memory range (that's 268435456 words) are floats, while others are ascii/byte/short/int/long, hex codes, bit flags, or (worst-case) non-bit-aligned packed data?

Last edited by MiMiCAX,

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One feature request if it is possible to fulfill. An ability to set value for all of the materials, etc in one go. Quite a hassle to go thru every slot to set them to 99.

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's something a bit wrong with my Blade lvl exp, lol.
I got an value of 1308622848. I guess it is because I'm running the undub.

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I been modding on JTAGs for years and make online codes. Most of the super speed and jump height was in the floats
here's an example

299998600837659f0f2e13e356206451.png

This goes the same for PC and PS3 but I will say only 10% out of 100 isn't in the floats, some games they were deep in the ram.
I know the Wii U is a new generation and more up to date system, but i suggest to still "try" the floats before anything else..

Hmm mine craft came out for the Wii u, I still have my JTAG mods for it. I wonder if I can compare the value throughout the wii u floats would we find the superspeed, well of course the address will be different though.

4182678c0a87560e92415dacaed863c0.png

Great job on your contributions to the scene.

Nevertheless, you didn't address my concern. Most people can easily tell which addresses hold IEEE-754 values, but without an in-game ability to modify the character movement speed or jump height, we will either need to test each candidate address sequentially, or we have to be very very lucky at guessing.

For practicality, let's assume that the character speed is stored in MEM2 (since all other codes for XCX have been found there). That's over 3 million word addresses to scan. Even if just 1% are floats, it's not feasible to probe each one. Also, we don't know exactly which condition will trigger the change in char speed (e.g. move, change menu, change map, change team characters, ...), which piles onto the issues.

With all that said, I can think of 2 leads for the jump height:
1. we can aggressively assume that jump height is considered a protagonist trait, in which case we only need to scan between 0x1C38B624 and 0x1C38EB44 (from protagonist's name to Nagi's name; that's 3400 word addresses).
2. we can aggressively assume that the same variable changes value when the user enters a skell, so we can scan for address changes.

I'll look into those shortly, after finishing probing equipment attributes (e.g. anyone want 3-slot armors with Potential Up XX, Treasure Hunter XX, and Melee Attack Up XX? :D)

Last edited by MiMiCAX,
Reactions: Gadorach

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's something a bit wrong with my Blade lvl exp, lol.
I got an value of 1308622848. I guess it is because I'm running the undub.
It has nothing to do with UNDUB. The address for BLADE Lv exp is meant as an accumulated amount, which is subtracted at the end of a battle, and added onto the BLADE Lv value. I didn't bother to find a reasonable amount to set the BLADE Lv exp, so that we can level up from Lv 1 to Lv 10 in one shot AND have little remaining exp. The cheat in XCXGecko sets the BLADE Lv exp to a default value of 999 999 999, which obviously is overkill.

You can reduce the exp value once you hit rank 10. Don't set it to 0 though; for some reason I've seen my BLADE Lv go nuts when I did that.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have minecraft for wii u, so we can test this out?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Marionumber1

Can you try to make IDA PRO compatible with RPX so we can get the float values separate from the whole memory of the game?

There is already an RPX plugin for IDA Pro. Look through the older posts on this forum section.

Reactions: cornerpath

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It has nothing to do with UNDUB. The address for BLADE Lv exp is meant as an accumulated amount, which is subtracted at the end of a battle, and added onto the BLADE Lv value. I didn't bother to find a reasonable amount to set the BLADE Lv exp, so that we can level up from Lv 1 to Lv 10 in one shot AND have little remaining exp. The cheat in XCXGecko sets the BLADE Lv exp to a default value of 999 999 999, which obviously is overkill.

You can reduce the exp value once you hit rank 10. Don't set it to 0 though; for some reason I've seen my BLADE Lv go nuts when I did that.

Just by changing the value by few thousand has crashed my whole console so I stopped playing around with it. I also managed to get a blade level so high it was illegible.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just by changing the value by few thousand has crashed my whole console so I stopped playing around with it. I also managed to get a blade level so high it was illegible.
Pretty much the same here, and I found that setting the Blade EXP to 999999999 was a good way to cause a game reboot when I needed it, lmao
As for movement speed and jump height, I'd try checking the sprint on thumbstick-click. You both jump higher, and run faster, when you activate sprint mode. That might be enough to narrow down the search. It would be different in a Skell most likely.
Also, I found that just giving yourself a Skell License at the start of the game does nothing, and the ability to buy and use Skells is dependent on a quest flag, not the item being in your inventory. The Skell License item is just for show, and can be safely be overwritten by other important items if you need the space. It's literally a useless item.

EDIT: Also, jump height changes with a quick press vs. a held right trigger for both modes, and could help lead to the value's isolation.

Last edited by Gadorach,

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Another request, but I doubt this is feasible. Game ending spoilers ahoy:

Adding Lao back in the NLA after the end of the game so you could put him back in your party.

Otherwise I guess we'll have to wait for the sequel. :D

Last edited by ErdeFB,

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh and while we are at the spoiler territory, this would be nice too and a bit more feasible:
Elma's alternative look from the start of a new game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end