XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MiMiCAX, Dec 21, 2015.

1. porygon3000

porygon3000 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Mexico
    Sorry for the double post

All codes in the trainer work for me, except this custom one, I can poke it but nothing happens, any idea why?

2. Herald

Herald Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    Plegia

THANK YOU!

Got it to work for 1.0.0E Undub Version

Offsets are working!

3. hotaru251

hotaru251 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    For future (5.5.2 firmware) reference using digital version on nand EZ step by step

download trainer and extract it.
    1. launch haxchi (assume mocha too as both gets into cfw)
    2. go to homebrew channel
    3. launch the homebrew app store (should be part of the contents when u did work to get cfw)
    4. click tools (bottom left option iirc) and scroll down to TCPgecko.
    5. download it.
    6. exit back to homebrew channel.
    7. look for the tcpgecko you just downloaded and open it. should show a black screen with consoles ip address (you will need this so write it down or take a pic of it) and option to do either A or X (idk difference but did X as it had A and soemthign else).
    8. Launch your game.
    9. On PC Launch XCX Gecko trainer and put the wiiu's IP address from earlier into it. Click chain icon (connect). edit: on 5.5.2 U i left the offset at (0) default so may have to change that if you are using a non U version.

And that should show you a green Connected line at bottom of trainer.

read each options inof to avoid crashes and enjoy :D!

Last edited by hotaru251, Apr 11, 2018
  4. HalfBlood486

HalfBlood486 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2018
    Canada
    So I’m very new to this. But i was pretty sure I had it all done properly I put in the wiiu up address and it says “timed out while connecting to wiiu” what does that mean?

5. HalfBlood486

HalfBlood486 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2018
    Canada
    uh. nvm i got in. i went to the wrong place for the ip address

6. AdamvsMaximvs

AdamvsMaximvs Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    Canada
    Just want to thank MiMiCAX for this trainer and hotaru251 for the quick instructions that eliminated reading 48 pages of posts to figure out how to get this to work. Considering this and FE:TMS are the only games I'll bother cheating on, it's a lot quicker and more efficient than setting up gecko to the SD, making code lists, etc.

Thanks again

7. Jazzist

Jazzist GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2013
    Is there some way to jump to a specific story chapter, or to repeat cutscenes?

8. specialsnowflakehd

specialsnowflakehd Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2017
    Finland
    Thank you guys for all your posts! After so many attempts to get it done, I noticed my version of XCXGecko was somehow broken (got only error messages) and realized I downloaded the wrong version. I downloaded the "dist.zip" file instead and it's working.

So, I did every step again. But I'll give you some information.
    My firmware: 5.5.2 Europe, XCX Version 1.0.1E
    Used: Homebrew Launcher 1.4, TCPGecko, Haxchii

My steps:
    (Haxchii must be installed on your Wii U!) Once you turned your Wii U on, run Haxchii, then open the browser and visit eur(dot)stupiid(dot)ovh (if you are not from europe ignore "eur.") or loadiine(dot)ovh and run the exploit (TCPGecko and Homebrew Launcher 1.4 must be on your SD card and the SD card needs to be in the SD slot of the Wii U!). It doesn't matter which link you use. Keep in mind your Wii U may freeze, so restart your Wii U and try again until you are in the Homebrew Launcher. Now run the tcpgecko.elf file, write the shown IP adress of the Wii U on some paper down and press either A or X (I pressed X). You will be either send back to Mii or to the home screen. Now you can start XCX and wait a little until your save file is loaded. Then run xcxgecko.exe, type the IP adresse of your Wii U in the field (the adresse you wrote down earlier) press the "chain" button and you are in! Once the field is green it indicates that XCXGecko is connected to your Wii U. You may or may not change the offset value. At first I changed the value to "PAL/Japan" but then I noticed the software wasn't working properly and gave me wrong values. Later I changed the offset value back to "0" and now it's working! I finally got my Ultra Diamond Riv with two Potential augments (the weapon with these two augments included I searched for several days).

Don't run the exploit first and then start Haxchii. It's not going to work properly. I can't remember what exactly happened, but I can assure using this method is not going to work.

WARNING: Nintendo released a new update, 5.5.3 (EU/US). MAKE SURE YOUR AUTO-UPDATES ARE TURNED OFF!! There are users how said using exploits and hacks are still working on their console like nothing happened, but there are others who claimed they can't use exploits and hacks anymore.

-----------------
    Update (29.07.19) For whatever reason my Wii U updated to 5.5.4. Everything is still working just fine. I forgot to mention one more thing. In case you get the error message "Can't [whatever] in ASCII", after you hit the cache button (to get certain values), this means XCXGecko can't for whatever reason translate the values from the game. To fix this, you need to restart, exit the game, start the exploit (not Haxchii), access Homebrew Launcher and run TCPGecko. It doesn't matter which button you press, either A or X, because you get the same results. Afterwards, start the game and run XCXGecko again. Just keep in mind you can restart everything in case you get error messages. I did a few times and it's still working.

Last edited by specialsnowflakehd, Jul 29, 2019
  9. Latios12

Latios12 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2016
    United States
    Is it possible to assign skell shoulder weapons to back slots using XCXGecko (or a combination of editors)? For a specific example, taking a Right Shoulder only B gatling and putting it on both my back slots

Last edited by Latios12, Jul 8, 2018
  10. Damned496

Damned496 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2018
    United States
    Does this work with emulators that use ripped copies of the game?

11. onepiecefreak

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    If you can somehow execute homebrew with an emulator, therefore edit the save and then start the save edited game on the same emulator, ofc.

12. Damned496

Damned496 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2018
    United States
    Alright, then has anyone had any success getting this to work on cemu? Because according to the opening post, I need a Wii U IP address for it to work, yet an emulator on a PC obviously doesn't have a Wii U IP. Would using my PC IP address work as a substitute?

13. profjamine

profjamine Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    Not sure how to delete a message, but problem solved. TY

Last edited by profjamine, Aug 31, 2018
  14. veekay

veekay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Is it normal for affinity to "break" after editing it? I changed Boze to 30 and then attempted to reach 4 stars for his affinity mission, but nothing I did would raise it. Other characters that I edited work fine.

15. specialsnowflakehd

specialsnowflakehd Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2017
    Finland
    This happened to me aswell, but you need to go "Affinity chart" first and check how many hearts are there. If nothing is there or nothing has changed just add the value "1" and check the hearts again. Then type in "29" or "30". The highest values are "49" and "50" (maximum).
    You can't break it, but restore it.
    I hope this helps (:

16. Kioroyolo

Kioroyolo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Brazil
    how do you edit affinity? do i need a custom code? where can i get those?

17. Rodrigo2000

Rodrigo2000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2017
    Brazil
    Has anyone found out how to make achievements complete? I'd really like to have everything complete, but miiverse related achievements are unobtainable...

RedRose30 likes this.
  18. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    How do you use this if your game is an eShop version?

This worked fantastic for me! So much easier this way!

Good question. Wish I knew.

19. xSpeedx

xSpeedx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Germany
    Got the IP wrong by one number. First Gecko trainer that actually works!

Last edited by xSpeedx, May 15, 2019
  20. mike087

mike087 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    Ecuador
    Here we go...

Last edited by mike087, Jun 18, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted