1. Lisandra_brave

Lisandra_brave Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Gotta connect each separately. TCPGecko only has one listening connection.

2. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm going to start messing with character ids hopefully tomorrow. We may on the verge of a breakthrough, but f***, I don't know advanced coding through a hole in the wall. I'll first test out the Swapping Bozé with Lao method to see if the game rejects that freezes or something. Next, I'll search for what the game does when viewing the active party menu to see those character values are somewhere in there.

3. Latios12

Latios12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Not sure if this is the place to post this, but when the drop down list appears to select a character, i noticed a couple of them were missing, such as irina, mia and nagi.
    http://prntscr.com/bg9z93

Not sure if it was unintentional or if its simply incomplete, but regardless, is there anyway to modify the playable characters not in the list in order to change the same stats (exp, affinity, etc) or do you have to go into advanced coding to be able to modify them (Using XCX Gecko)
    This is on Loadiine 5.5.1 US Version btw, no disc in sight, using XCX 1.02 update

Also if i think i know who it is hello Lisandra_Brave, nice to see you here

Last edited by Latios12, Jun 15, 2016
  4. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Did you scroll all the way through the list and they weren't there at all? Because they are for me, and I too am using 5.5.1., though it's the disc version of 1.0.2U~

5. Latios12

Latios12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I did, but only 1 other character appeared

However, funny thing tho after i posted this I thought mabye a redownload would work, and it did, all the characters were there, idk, must have been something wrong with the first download

6. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm glad it worked out for you!

Happy modding~

7. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have you tried replacing Bozé with Lao?

8. Apache81

Apache81 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello everyone.
    I have Xenoblade X 1.01E on disc with the DLCs installed on the console memory.
    I don't know if this is the cause, but for me the XCXGecko doesn't work.
    I used the Gecko dotNET and I found that for me there is an offset of 9000 on the currency values.
    Here are the codes for them.

Funds Modifier [Apache81]
    1C3A3D90 05F5E0FF

Miranium Modifier [Apache81]
    1C3A3D94 000F423F

Reward Tickets Modifier [Apache81]
    1C3A3D98 0000270F

Trying now to figure out where the items are.

9. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @Lisandra_brave or to whom may have the answer.

I have successfully entered Lao into the post game. HOWEVER. There are things to be discussed.

The method described to me (see page 30) essentially creates two Bozé's. I happened to have Bozé on my team when I replaced his data with Lao. Interestingly enough, Bozé spawned into his spot again, but it was Lao (it even had Bozé's named above him). When I spoke to him, he had Bozé's lines and voice, but then on the Active Party Menu, it was another Lao - exactly as the one I had just made. This leads me to believe that we code indeed make a way to have both of them....

Lao works perfectly fine, except one thing...

I got him to level 37 (because I wanted to quickly test out if he has voice clips for Skell Superweapons), but the game would not let me register a level 30 Skell to him, saying that he wasn't a sufficient level. I'll get him to level 60 tonight and try again, but are there any thoughts on why this might be?

Otherwise, he works as he should. And saving the game keeps him as he is, so getting Bozé back is a matter of basically doing the same steps, but with Bozé's data instead~

10. 7amdiano

7amdiano Member
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    hello : so my problem is the same problem this guy >>> @godden18 <<< is having , i can connect my wii u to my pc but i can't edit anything i tired every offset and tested fetching name and it give's me blank , it's really frustrating , please help . FYI my wii u is at 5.5.1 U and i have the E-shop version of the game at 1.0.2 U.

Attached Files:

Last edited by 7amdiano, Jun 20, 2016
  11. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If it's connecting, you shouldn't need to do any offsets. But I also only started doing this myself last week, so I could horribly wrong.

Have you tried doing any body mods, going to Active Party, selecting Confirm Changes, and seeing if anything happens? I suggest trying names (even if the field is blank after fetching it, try putting something anyways, and poking it), as those are the easiest to notice a change. Also, keep the offset at 0, for just the sake of this trial, and tell us what you discover.

From what you've said, if you can connect, you've done everything right for your firmware and version of the game~

12. 7amdiano

7amdiano Member
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    i have done that , i manually entered the protagonist's name but nothing happens , i only want to modify stats and funds.

13. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wow, I'm extremely sorry to hear that. I believe I saw someone having a similar issue (perhaps the person you tagged?), and furthermore, I believe I saw a solution, but I can't seem to find the page I saw it on.

UPDATE on Boze and Lao: I have both on my team currently. What I did: I replaced Boze with Lao, had Lao on my team, THEN put Boze back into the slot I put Lao in using a backup of Boze that I made. Now, both are on my team. However, if I remove Lao, he will vanish and I'll have to redo the process to get back (NOTE: REMOVE ALL GEAR LAO HAS EQUIPPED, OR OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE IT. He seems to come with what I had on him when you lose him after chapter 9).

Attached Files:

14. Lisandra_brave

Newcomer

United States
    Did you remember to fix bytes 0x78 and 0x79 before overwriting boze with lao?

15. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    FUCK

I forgot that step, and I don't even know how to do that. That might be the source of my woes. HALP.

Meanwhile, I occasionally have the Urban Lincoln registered to two people randomly (I only have one and it's assigned to Lin). Now, I have two identical Urban Lincolns (can someone explain THAT ONE?)

Attached Files:

16. Lisandra_brave

Newcomer

United States
    Basically, when you're copying a character's data, you first need to copy bytes +0x78 and +0x79 from the target character (in this case, boze) to the data you're about to upload. You need a hex editor for this.

As for the second part, no idea. That sometimes happens when editing characters. The urban Lincoln is the first skell in your list, right?

Side note, interesting stuff is hidden with the weapons. The Nebuan Bliss is the highest tier of the delta bliss, and the Hundred Devi Sword is merely a regular electric Six Star saber that hints at things unfinished.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Lisandra_brave, Jun 20, 2016
  17. 7amdiano

7amdiano Member
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    I'm on new game , i don't understand what do boze an lao have to do with my problem . I'll browes through the pages to find the solution , mean while if u please try and help me find it from ur end ..

18. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    We're talking about two different things. I've been working on getting Lao in the post game. That has nothing to do with your issue.

As for yours, I am looking. I don't know if this forum has a search feature would make this a million times faster~

@Lisandra_brave what did you do to have Ares level potential on your Cross?!?!

Last edited by SilverBlade, Jun 20, 2016
  19. 7amdiano

7amdiano Member
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    thank you guys so much for your response, i'm happy to tell u guys that thanks to this guy >>>@CHRoNiCWiLL<<< i was able to make it work properly, you see this guy >>>@CHRoNiCWiLL<<< found an offset that worked for both of us and now i'm able to change what ever i want.

the offset is: 32768, it works for both disk and e-shop versions of the game on 5.5.1 u ver.1.0.2 u . So thank you @SilverBlade for trying your best to help me, and thank you @CHRoNiCWiLL for finding that offset .

20. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Happy modding~

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Xenoblade, XCXGecko