Xcom on PC

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rangent, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Anyone else ever play the original X-Com UFO Defense/Enemy Unknown? I love that game, and just got my dosbox together last week and am playing it now.

Anyway, there's supposedly a (sort of) remake of the original game coming out in the next few weeks called UFO - Extraterrestrials. Anyone else following this release?

2. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    there is??
    How cool, I havn't heard about it...

Love the original tho! [​IMG]

EDIT:

Okay looks somewhat like the other UFO-games... (as in, aftermath, afterburn (or whatever it is called))
    I want a X-com-ier one!

3. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    After following this game for a while though, it looks like this one may hold fairly true to the original gameplay.

4. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    oh okay!
    That's one thing the other's lacked... the research parts, and all.... I really liked researching all the things, and build a base....

not just wait for ages for one autopsy, or so... damn... this makes me want to download x-com again! [​IMG]

abandonwares yay!

5. Takrin

Takrin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2006
    United States
    researching and stealing alien technology was most of the fun i thought. damn i was such a big xcom geek, getting 3 other of my friends hooked on it.

gonna look into it, thanks