XCM V-Box (USA/JAP) modification +Scorpei.com+

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Scorpei, May 19, 2007.

May 19, 2007
  1. Scorpei
    OP

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Hey all,

Okay so I went and did it [​IMG], I got my hands on a XCM V-box early and felt up to the challenge (especially since the unit I received was for USA/JP and I have a PAL Wii). I went up and modded the USA/JP XCM V-box to accept ANY other video device capable of outputting S-video or Composite signals. After finding out how I wrote a guide about it which you can see:

here; http://wii.scorpei.com/XCM_V-box_USA.html

[​IMG]

I will also soon do this to the PAL version of the unit, however that is not yet released at this time (it is however due for shipping soon).

A bit of background info on the XCM V-box (for those who haven't been following the news [​IMG];
    Have fun modding!
    ~Scorpei

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Nice work as usual Scorpei, more than once my life has been made more complex by "proprietary" sockets.

3. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Any pics of this beast in action? Reviews etc...? What's the max resolution?

[​IMG]

4. Scorpei
    OP

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Well, at this point in time reviewing it wouldn't be fair [​IMG]. As I have a PAL Wii I can only test it with my modification which isn't perfect (the conversion from composite to s-video signal is very rough and results in a signal with quite some distortion). Max resolution is however (for as far as I can see) 480i or 580i (the two lowest settings of the Wii), but again that is all I can test (composite signal --> s-video).

5. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I think its 860x480. Something like that. 480p @ 16:9 aspect ratio.