XCM Black Knight II Case and Green DVD Gate Mods

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Logan, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009
  1. Logan
    OP

Member Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Bought both items from http://www.thegametrain.com. Installation took about 2 hours from start to finish. Lot of screws to remember about! Luckily guides on the same website are quite in depth and show which screws go where on reassembly.

The quality of the case is damn good. I was careful not to scratch any patinwork, but it looks well painted. Only niggles were a couple of black studs on the casing that shouldn't be there, preventing the metal DVD drive cover from sitting flush. I simply took a soldering iron to the little black plastic stumps and melted them down to near nothing. Other then that, no real issues with this case. Its a high quality product that is actually easy to install, as long as you're good at following guides, you can't go wrong.

The green LED DVD gate, again top quality product, and works without a hitch. Bit fiddly putting it in place but nothing a thick monkey couldn't work out. Went for green because everyone goes red [​IMG]

Really pleased with outcome. Next month, black Wiimote and Nunchuck replacement parts! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hughjass

Member hughjass GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I personally prefer the white look for the wii, but congrats on your successful case mod, it looks the great! The LED is COOL too!

3. Logan
    OP

United Kingdom
    I just wanted everything under my TV to match lol [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG] The green looks brilliant in low light/dark. Well pleased [​IMG]

4. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Nice, I too prefer my white Wii, but that looks sweet, especially the green slot light. I see it matches your harddrive.

5. Logan
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, but didn't think about that at the time [​IMG] So nice touch [​IMG]

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i've got the xcm II see through blue case with blue leds. they are a good case and damn them screws [​IMG]

7. Logan
    OP

United Kingdom
    There is always one isn't there!? lol [​IMG] One of the last screws (I reused the ones I took out) I had to screw back in, a tri-wing, was a bitch [​IMG] I couldn't drive it home fully in fear of damaging the head too much. So left it slightly raised. It doesn't affect anything thankfully.

But aye, really nice cases. Wish I'd bought the green replacement LED fan now and done that at the same time for some more added green glow effect lol [​IMG]

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i don't think i put all my screws back together 100% correct oh well good enough LOL