Gaming XCM 360 Core Cooler V2

slyfirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xbox get hot what about this XCM 360 Core Cooler V2 anyone have one and does it work
cheers
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The best way to keep your 360 cool in my opinion is to not use the DVD drive to run your games from. Run your games off the hard drive instead and you'll notice a big difference.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the NXE version of the dashboard or the old one? You can only do it with the NXE. The box where you load the game instead of hitting A (green) hit Y (yellow) and it'll bring up an option to install it to hard drive.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
slyfirth said:
did not no you could do that?????how

Considering you have the NXE dashboard, insert your disc once loaded press "Y" the game information will show, there is a option from there you can chose to install the game to the HDD

Note: You still need the DVD in the Drive even if you play off the HDD

As for the topic, the 360 will inevitably heat up and eventually die. TO be honest the problem is when the thing cools down, so basically there is nothing much you could do. Best course of action is to keep it well ventilated and make sure to keep that darn dust away.

EDIT: Seems TrollyDave is a faster typer than me
tongue.gif

slyfirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so you saying that XCM 360 Core Cooler V2 will not help the cooling of the xbox ?
its when you turn it of you can get the prob.
The Whisper Max so no point in this then????????????????

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
slyfirth said:
so you saying that XCM 360 Core Cooler V2 will not help the cooling of the xbox ?
its when you turn it of you can get the prob.
The Whisper Max so no point in this then????????????????

Turning it off isnt the problem, its the cooling down

Let me quote one of my favorite tempers for ya

QUOTE(raulpica @ May 2 2009, 03:54 PM) Here's why it happens, based on my personal observations in repairing a LOT of RROD'd 360s.

The X-Clamps (but not only them... it's the general mainboard design that is TOTALLY FLAWED) start to bend the motherboard, first slightly, then a lot more.
The motherboard fibreglass becames more duttile with high temperatures, and more prone than bending.

Be aware that when really heated up, the solderings won't broke, as they've got a bit of flexibility of their own (when heated).

The problems comes up with the cooling. When the motherboard cools, the thermal expansion reverts, thus breaking solder joints (which are now awkwardly bent by the now-flexed motherboard). Here's where the RROD originates.

It's probably not totally correct, but this should be the generic "why it happens".

In short... cooling will help, but not that much... It's pretty much random.

I hope this sums it up for you.

Please next time search the forum before posting your questions.

slyfirth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok cheers for that sum people say it works but you do not ?
thats why this is a good place to get info from before i do anything
cheers again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou