This new homebrew will allow you to install XCI files directly to your Switch without having to convert them to NSPs first. It is based off the NSP-installer homebrew, Tinfoil by @Adubbz.
What is an XCI file?
An XCI file is a gamecard dump, while an NSP is an installable eShop file. While XCI files can only be played directly with SX OS, they can now be installed just like an NSP on both SX OS and ReiNX.
How does it work?
- It extracts the NCAs from the XCI file
- It changes the one byte in the header that differentiates gamecard files and eShop titles
- It rebuilds the metadata file and sends it to Tinfoil to begin installing (the metadata file describes the other NCAs present in the file)
This homebrew is still a WIP.
- If you use an exFAT-formatted SD card, please back up all your data before using this homebrew, as it has a small chance to corrupt the card.
- Some XCI files will not work. If you come across any that do not work, please report them in the main discussion thread.
Where can I get it?
Who is 2168-0002?
The members are as follows:
- @Darth Meteos (public relations)
They can be reached by Twitter at @2168_0002 and can be identified on GBAtemp by their signatures. There are more projects in the pipeline.
Last edited by Quantumcat,