Hacking Xci files & ignoring firmware version with SX OS

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Is it possible to launch an xci file using a lower firmware version with SX OS?
I really don't want to install the game (lack of usd card space) hence looking for a workaround.

If this is not possible, would it be safe to update the NSW console to the latest firmware and still run SX OS ?

Again, if not, can I install the game (choidujour or sx os installer) directly from the xci file or do I need to do it from the nsp?

Thanks,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you should update. You mentioned what you need to update Choidujour doesn't install games it updates your firmware. Get 8.1 and use Choidujour to update. Here is a guide

https://www.consolehax.com/guides-switch-choidujournx/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Almost forgot if you update make sure you update to the latest SX OS beta or you will get a black screen upon boot.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about being banned you can, or if you're already banned you won't be able to.

It's probably better to learn how to use Choidujour because if you keep updating on OFW then using CFW you're going to get banned one day then you'll need to update but can't. Unless you've been using Emunand and have a clean Nand that you install every time you use OFW which is a lot of work. If you're already banned you will have to use Choidujour.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also download your Game of Choice as .nsp then use NSC_Builder to convert your .nsp to .xci. NSC_Builder can patch your .nsp to the lowest Possible Firmware, during the conversion.

Edit: you can also directly convert your .xci to Patched .xci
xci users should really get into a habit of doing this if they want to play newer games/DLC on an old firmware b/c most games that are uploaded on sites are dumped within the latest FW

Reactions: crazy_p

Dagosty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, is team xecuter releasing an nsp installer that ignores the console firmware and allows to install nsps on external hard drive?

Last edited by Dagosty,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is team xecuter releasing an nsp installer that ignores the console firmware and allows to install nsps on external hard drive?
installing nsp on external hdd is not possible for now. To truly ignore game fw you should probably start patching your games with NSCBuilder or ReNXPack as stated above. Tinfoil will not work all the time if firmware Keys are needed for the said game "assuming you have the latest tinfoil".

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: Dagosty

Dagosty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
installing nsp on external hdd is not possible for now. To truly ignore game fw you should probably start patching your games with NSCBuilder or ReNXPack as stated above. Tinfoil will not work all the time if firmware Keys are needed for the said game "assuming you have the latest tinfoil".
Thanks for the clarification, i had some problems with tinfoil, i will try your tips and the other above to see what fits better on my Switch since im using SX OS.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification, i had some problems with tinfoil, i will try your tips and the other above to see what fits better on my Switch since im using SX OS.
No probby if you need extra help feel free to ask away NSCBuilder will require 8.1.0 keys to get it running with newer games/DLC/updates
ReNXpack is more user friendly for converting Game Firmware to 0. NSCBuilder is great if you like to patch your games to low FW and bundle them with all DLC/latest update as if they were a Deluxe Edition.

Dagosty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No probby if you need extra help feel free to ask away NSCBuilder will require 8.1.0 keys to get it running with newer games/DLC/updates
ReNXpack is more user friendly for converting Game Firmware to 0. NSCBuilder is great if you like to patch your games to low FW and bundle them with all DLC/latest update as if they were a Deluxe Edition.
Nice,

Ok if i may i got one more question, im using SX Pro:

1: I updated my Switch from 5.0.1 to 8.0.1 two months ago using ofw with nintendo services online, i didnt care if i got banned, i didnt use choidujour, so whats wrong updating with the ofw online and after choose the SX OS?

Last edited by Dagosty,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

Is it possible to launch an xci file using a lower firmware version with SX OS?
I really don't want to install the game (lack of usd card space) hence looking for a workaround.

If this is not possible, would it be safe to update the NSW console to the latest firmware and still run SX OS ?

Again, if not, can I install the game (choidujour or sx os installer) directly from the xci file or do I need to do it from the nsp?

Thanks,
ZeroTwoXCI can install directly from XCI and I think the latest version of Tinfoil from http://tinfoil.io can as well.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice,

Ok if i may i got one more question, im using SX Pro:

1: I updated my Switch from 5.0.1 to 8.0.1 two months ago using nintendo services online, i dont care if i get banned, i didnt use choidujour, so whats wrong updating the sysnand online?
Absolutely nothing. The only thing you did was burn your fuses meaning you lost the ability to downgrade to 5.0.1 but it doesn't prompt a ban. I used to update synand to 6.2 using their service, but now i use choi to keep my fuses so i can go back to 6.2 if theres a coldboot for it. Tho i recommend getting Emunand setup if you haven't already that way you can do all of the dirty hack stuff offline on that & play online with legit/paid games in sysnand keeping it clean.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Dagosty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Absolutely nothing. The only thing you did was burn your fuses meaning you lost the ability to downgrade to 5.0.1 but it doesn't prompt a ban. I used to update synand to 6.2 using their service, but now i use choi to keep my fuses so i can go back to 6.2 if theres a coldboot for it. Tho i recommend getting Emunand setup if you haven't already that way you can do all of the dirty hack stuff offline on that & play online with legit/paid games online in sysnand keeping it clean.
Oh ok, i confess i have had some issues turning my Switch back to SX OS when i updated the console fw, the start menu to choose OFW & SX OS didnt pop up at first, so only after a few tries i could choose the SX OS back again. I really dont play Switch online and i dont care. I play mostly third party games on my RTX 2060 PC and my library of Xbox One games and Backwards games on my X, i use the Switch mostly to relax before going to sleep, switch games are very good for relaxing. : )

Thanks again, have a nice weekend. Cheers

Reactions: MasterJ360

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if you're using SX OS the easiest way to install XCIs is just throw them on an external hard drive and you can install them through SXinstaller, or play them on the hard drive if your switch is docked. If you find an XCI that has an update included or dlc the only way to install it is through SXInstaller.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!what I do is use nscb to convert nsp to xci but I don't use that program to downgrade the games fw.I use swissarmyknife program and if you wanna downgrade the newest games you need the newest keys (google for keys or ask someone on discord or do it yourself WITHOUT blowing fuses then downgrade to preferred fw) for swiss army knife (11.0.0) works everytime!!! Even for dlcs updates. Just use nscb program to join the base+dlc,s
Option 2 then merge them.don't use that program to downgrade games fw use swiss army knife again.make sure both programs have the newest keys!!! Also if you don't like the updated game there's a way to go back to just the base!!! The switch won't force you to update.there's a tut on this site somewhere.have fun.I use sxos v3.1.0 and on v9.0.1 switch fw

PurifiedCrystal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!what I do is use nscb to convert nsp to xci but I don't use that program to downgrade the games fw.I use swissarmyknife program and if you wanna downgrade the newest games you need the newest keys (google for keys or ask someone on discord or do it yourself WITHOUT blowing fuses then downgrade to preferred fw) for swiss army knife (11.0.0) works everytime!!! Even for dlcs updates. Just use nscb program to join the base+dlc,s
Option 2 then merge them.don't use that program to downgrade games fw use swiss army knife again.make sure both programs have the newest keys!!! Also if you don't like the updated game there's a way to go back to just the base!!! The switch won't force you to update.there's a tut on this site somewhere.have fun.I use sxos v3.1.0 and on v9.0.1 switch fw
Could you please check again?

I have been doing exactly what you do for the past and it worked flawlessly until last week.

Xci, patches xci, installed to sd, all fails to load.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country

Been doing this for a while but it hasn't been working recently, the switch needs to be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That's what I like to see B-) +1