ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue opening a save. Getting the error attached. Any ideas?

Attachments

• xc2 editor error.PNG
    xc2 editor error.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 279

Lupe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Having an issue opening a save. Getting the error attached. Any ideas?
I had the same error before. To fix it, just inject that save back into your game through Checkpoint, open the save in the game, save game again over that save so it's updated, then extract that updated save with Checkpoint and it should work with the editor!

Reactions: joseph0042

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same error before. To fix it, just inject that save back into your game through Checkpoint, open the save in the game, save game again over that save so it's updated, then extract that updated save with Checkpoint and it should work with the editor!
Thanks that worked.

wutangzus2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there a back up plan in case that does not work?

antema

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to edit running speed? There are items that increase running speed, so wouldn't that mean that there is some numerical value tied to the running speed?

LeGenD_ArMoUR_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with this, if i edit any value on the save for example modifying core numbers and then try to bond with a blade the game crashes and if affects my whole save even if i restore the original save back. What could i be doing wrong?

EDIT* fixed issue for anyone with this problem check driver stats and change to reasonable values

Last edited by LeGenD_ArMoUR_,

Psoloratoras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The game won't let me edit that obnoxious 4000 blade switch affinity node for pyra. I change the value to 3999, then go in-game and see it's not registered. Any help?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
The game won't let me edit that obnoxious 4000 blade switch affinity node for pyra. I change the value to 3999, then go in-game and see it's not registered. Any help?

All I can suggest is to spam pouch items. A turbo controller works wonders.

Psoloratoras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
All I can suggest is to spam pouch items. A turbo controller works wonders.

I pretty much found the solution. You have to change both the count to be the same as the max count(anything below that doesn't register) and also hex edit the values on the bottom right box. For nodes that need you to do something X times, you change the value from 00 00 to 0B 00 to unlock it, while for the rest of the nodes that are tied to heart to heart, quests or anything else that doesn't require you to perform an action X times, the value is 09 00 to unlock it. At least for Pyra/Mythra. I've only had the walk 400k steps left for mythra and switch blades 4000 times with pyra, everything else I had already unlocked, so I don't know if it messes with the game if you haven't unlocked the previous nodes. The only downside is that you eventually don't receive the idea points, which is no biggie since you can edit those easily.

Last edited by Psoloratoras,

jeffsirlina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the finished save file for Torna the Golden Country? I would like to play from NG+, I can trade for the NG+ save file for the XC2 for it. Thank you.

SmokinGalaxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything in particular that you did when completing this? I have tried and tried what you said 7 times and still receive the error. I opened a save someone added on here and it opens just fine. I'm stuck lol idk what else to try

Edit*** I added my save file in case anyone can get it to work, it would be much appreciated. I've edited some of it with 010 Editor, but I would like to take a crack at everything else available with this save editor, it's much cleaner of an interface

Attachments

• bf2savefile.7z
    53.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by SmokinGalaxy,

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there anything in particular that you did when completing this? I have tried and tried what you said 7 times and still receive the error. I opened a save someone added on here and it opens just fine. I'm stuck lol idk what else to try

Edit*** I added my save file in case anyone can get it to work, it would be much appreciated. I've edited some of it with 010 Editor, but I would like to take a crack at everything else available with this save editor, it's much cleaner of an interface
Turns out this was a bug on my part, loading of save files from older versions of the game got broken in the latest update. So here is a quick update with that bug fixed, your file loads fine for me now.

Try this version:
Release 6.1
XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy v1.5.1
Fixed loading of pre-v1.5.0 save files
- BUGFIX: Loading of older pre-v1.5.0 save files was broken
Download: https://gitlab.com/damysteryman/XC2SaveNETThingy/tags/r6.1

chusski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't Elma and Corvin's chart but its the same deal. The important part to look here is the bottom 2 digit values that have the purple circle it need to be replaced. Elma and Corvin are the same setup.
[Red rows will be 0B, Blue, Green and Yellow will be 09] Also make sure to change the Count number to its Max Count for each skill. The easiest way to know what 2 digit value goes into a colored row is by completing at least 1 skill so you can see what it is on the editor, blue and green will always be 09 tho

Don't edit the first bottom skills they are usually already unlocked. If the blade has event quests might be safer just to do them manually so you'll have the cutscenes
Its probably best to have a screenshot of the chart your editing or looking at on screen so you know how many field skills the blade has in its row to match the editors don't want to unlock a non existent skill. Affinity charts are generally hard to explain b/c every blade is different, but yes this editor could definitely use a simplify method. The old Script editor could do it, but doesn't support DLC blades. Knowing how to do this will be better than waiting for someone to drop a save file every dlc release.
1WsN6nV.jpg
Hello, thx for explain.
I am try to do that withPyra, but if do like to explain in here, and save the file, give a a error chart.
Too try to load, from Blades affinity, and follow that guide, but only unlock rows. the counts continued like to my save....
know what i am doing bad?

[SOLVED] Need reload any time the save editor software....

thx very much.

Attachments

• xc2error save.PNG
    xc2error save.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by chusski,

chusski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, how add the Blades to bank ? (not to library)
i not get lucky to get from core crystal...

plz and thx very much

Last edited by chusski,

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I finish the fight against Malos and Jin at the end of chapter 7 the game crashes after the first round of the fight.
Can someone spark a light what may happen?

I put all the blades inside my save, do you guys think I need to remove some of them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone verify what mess I made in my savefiles?

Attachments

• bf2savefile.rar
    58.3 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: ptthanh1993

ggmkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm missing one rare blade, how do I put it in without popping the cores?
I checked Is Enabled box and set creator and driver.
But it's still not showing up...

Dtk0kai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for the Golden tora portion of the game it will only launch from within xenoblade 2 at the start menu, when I made a save file I can't find it to make the back up of it to use the tool. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it because it's being played as an add on vs the actual independent game?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm missing one rare blade, how do I put it in without popping the cores?
I checked Is Enabled box and set creator and driver.
But it's still not showing up...

You may have to search around the program for additional flags to enable. Maybe the blade needs to have a non-zero trust rank/key release level value? A weapon equipped? Time awakened? Etc, etc. Could be those options are keeping it from appearing in your game. Also, if those fail, try changing some values in the other tabs (I'm thinking "AffinityChartStatus" and "BladeReleaseStatus" under the "other" tab, set to "1"). Look at the numbers on blades you've already obtained. Those two values are both ones, on all the blades I have, excluding Dagas, because there's actually TWO charts for him. Just be sure to keep an extra backup somewhere until you figure this out. Otherwise, you could always add a bunch of legendary cores and just pop those repeatedly until you've hit a pity break and bond with the rare blade you're missing. Good luck!

So for the Golden tora portion of the game it will only launch from within xenoblade 2 at the start menu, when I made a save file I can't find it to make the back up of it to use the tool. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it because it's being played as an add on vs the actual independent game?

The DLC version is saved under the main game's files. So backup Xenoblade Chronicles 2, then transfer it to your PC and open the "irasavefile.sav" file with XC2IraSaveNETThingy. I believe the standalone cartridge version has its own save data, separate from the main game.

Reactions: Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have to search around the program for additional flags to enable. Maybe the blade needs to have a non-zero trust rank/key release level value? A weapon equipped? Time awakened? Etc, etc. Could be those options are keeping it from appearing in your game. Also, if those fail, try changing some values in the other tabs (I'm thinking "AffinityChartStatus" and "BladeReleaseStatus" under the "other" tab, set to "1"). Look at the numbers on blades you've already obtained. Those two values are both ones, on all the blades I have, excluding Dagas, because there's actually TWO charts for him. Just be sure to keep an extra backup somewhere until you figure this out. Otherwise, you could always add a bunch of legendary cores and just pop those repeatedly until you've hit a pity break and bond with the rare blade you're missing. Good luck!

The DLC version is saved under the main game's files. So backup Xenoblade Chronicles 2, then transfer it to your PC and open the "irasavefile.sav" file with XC2IraSaveNETThingy. I believe the standalone cartridge version has its own save data, separate from the main game.

Thanks ill check it out.

Update: You were %100 correct thank you.

Last edited by Dtk0kai,
Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr