ROM Hack RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

MACandCHEEZWIZ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone? How can I complete ALL affinity charts for all blades with this?
It's probably pretty time consuming and would probably require referencing the datamine a lot, but here are all my completed Blade Affinity Charts, including the Torna DLC. This doesn't contain the seven Blades exclusive to NG+ since I haven't done that, and it doesn't contain the Blades with Affinity Charts you shouldn't be able to work on (ie. Chapter 1 Sever, event Herald, etc.)

Attachments

• Blade Affinity Charts.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 672

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's probably pretty time consuming and would probably require referencing the datamine a lot, but here are all my completed Blade Affinity Charts, including the Torna DLC. This doesn't contain the seven Blades exclusive to NG+ since I haven't done that, and it doesn't contain the Blades with Affinity Charts you shouldn't be able to work on (ie. Chapter 1 Sever, event Herald, etc.)
Uhh okay I just though you could press 1's to everything or check everythin xD.
I need to load a config file oh lol
Thanks

emperormaxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This initially got me too, but you can change your party on the first tab in the middle under party members. You can set Member 1 to 10, though I don't know if there's a limit of 5 active members.
There are a few things to note.
  • Make sure temporary Drivers have their Blades set because it seems like the game de-loads them when they're not active. Give Sever (Malos) to Malos, 1013 Utsuro to Chapter 1 Jin, 1073 Utsuro to Chapter 8 Jin, 1110 Utsuro to Challenge Mode Jin, and Roc to Vandham. On their Driver pages, put their Set Blade to 0 if you put the Blades in the first spot. The Torna Drivers don't seem to work in the main game.
  • Drivers cannot use weapons that weren't meant for them. As an example, only Tora can use Poppi's weapons, and only Malos can use his version of the Sword Tonfa. The game will crash upon attempting to use one of these weapons.
  • The additional Driver Rex is actually Rex in his full salvaging get-up with helmet. Though he has weapon compatibility programmed in, he doesn't have any Arts associated with him and the game will crash if you try to start a battle with him. He has a different first favorite item to regular Rex, though his dialogue for receiving it is identical to his normal favorite.
  • The additional Driver Zeke is him with his hood when you first meet him in Chapter 3. Like Rex, he has identical weapon compatibility to the normal Zeke (minus DLC weapons), but no Arts and will crash the game if you attempt to fight with him.
  • "Copy Drivers" (Ch. 1 Jin, Ch. 8 Jin, CM Jin, Rex, Salvaging Rex, Zeke, Hooded Zeke) are entirely separate characters and do not carry the same bonus EXP, items, etc. If you use one, they'll be back at level 1 or 3 or whatever is set for them.
  • Sever (Malos) will actually disappear off of Malos every so often for some reason, and the game will crash if he attempts to enter a battle without a Blade. You are still unable to access their menus or even the menus of Ch. 1 Jin and Ch. 8 Jin. There might be a workaround somewhere in the unknown values or it could be something programmed into the characters. This means you cannot level up their Arts or switch between them, give them their favorite items, equip items (typically disabled), or even see their Thought Clouds. However, CM Jin's menus can be accessed normally since he only appears in a mission where you can't bring up menus anyway. He even has dialogue for when you give him his favorite items and accumulates WP throughout the game.

Thank you so much for your extensive and helpful response!! I did manage to figure out I needed to add them from the menu on the first tab, but all the additional information you've given is much appreciated.

I wound up editing one of the common blades to Sword Tonfa(Malos) with custom stats and such, as well as gave it the actual picture and model for Sever. Common blades can actually be edited unlike rare ones. Playing through the entire game with Malos and his custom Sever has worked wonderfully so far, though I am disappointed I cannot open him and edit his inventory directly. I did however give him Morag's skill tree and gave him some accessories appropriate for a tank, using the save editor, both of which work really well.

I've been trying to figure out if any of the unknown values allow Malos' character menu to be directly accessed by comparing them with other party members, but so far I've had no dice.

EDIT: a couple of tests of Challenge Mode Jin, with and without his specific Utsuro, show that he cannot be used in the normal game. Adding him to the party in any slot makes him disappear right after, and if combat is initiated, the game crashes.

Last edited by emperormaxis,

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyway that this tool helps me to complete the challenge mode? At this point I would already be happy, if I could just set the flag for "challange completed" for the tougher challenge battles.
But anyway to make that mode easy/trivial is also welcome.

Red_Soldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not sure if I'm the first to report this or it has already been discussed, but I've encountered a bug while editing Torna standalone save files.
Editing any values, from money to unlocking skill trees to adding collectibles, bugs out the Driver's pouches making them unusable.
If the pouch has been expanded, the second slot works fine, but the first doesn't even appear on the screen and trying to slot anything in it results the message "You can't have more than one item with the same effect".

Switch 8.1.0, Atmosphere 0.9.1, Torna 1.0.2

MACandCHEEZWIZ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway that this tool helps me to complete the challenge mode? At this point I would already be happy, if I could just set the flag for "challange completed" for the tougher challenge battles.
But anyway to make that mode easy/trivial is also welcome.

Would this allow me to reset the quest for Pekka's ardun? I killed it accidentally :(

There's a flag editor, but I have no idea which flags correspond to which events. There's only so much you can glean from the datamine. You might be able to piece it together by following the references around.

Reactions: redforge

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if I have missed this in the post but is there a modifier for (MOVEMENT SPEED?). I know you can increase the speed by 25% by playing through the game but only on chapter 3 and the slow walk/run speed is killing me. Thanks

Last edited by Duppex,

MACandCHEEZWIZ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if I have missed this in the post but is there a modifier for (MOVEMENT SPEED?). I know you can increase the speed by 25% by playing through the game but only on chapter 3 and the slow walk/run speed is killing me. Thanks
Tilly Deeds
Sonarius Deeds
Knick-Knack Deeds
Paulio Deeds
Coral Leaf Deeds

If you don't have them already. The game is set so that you can only get a maximum 25% boost in speed, with each of those deeds awarding a +5%. The only real way of going beyond that would be to disassemble your game, find the appropriate file with the values for the deeds and the file for the maximum bonus parameters and change those values, and then reassemble it.
https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/FLD_OwnerBonus.html
https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/FLD_OwnerBonusParam.html

I don't believe there's anything in the editor that relates to increasing speed beyond that, but I could be wrong.

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tilly Deeds
Sonarius Deeds
Knick-Knack Deeds
Paulio Deeds
Coral Leaf Deeds

If you don't have them already. The game is set so that you can only get a maximum 25% boost in speed, with each of those deeds awarding a +5%. The only real way of going beyond that would be to disassemble your game, find the appropriate file with the values for the deeds and the file for the maximum bonus parameters and change those values, and then reassemble it.
https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/FLD_OwnerBonus.html
https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/FLD_OwnerBonusParam.html

I don't believe there's anything in the editor that relates to increasing speed beyond that, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the heads up. I managed to find all the deeds using the editor under Key Items. Wow, the game feels so much better now.

Also, does anyone have the Full/Max Out Affinity chart (x2bac) file for Fiora, or know how the max it out using the Editor (Fiora x2bac) file in the download attachment a few posts back post does not seem to work.

Last edited by Duppex,

MACandCHEEZWIZ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the heads up. I managed to find all the deeds using the editor under Key Items. Wow, the game feels so much better now.

Also, does anyone have the Full/Max Out Affinity chart (x2bac) file for Fiora, or know how the max it out using the Editor (Fiora x2bac) file in the download attachment a few posts back post does not seem to work.
Give either of these a shot.

Attachments

• Fiora.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: Duppex

MACandCHEEZWIZ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again for the Fiora, File. Any chance you can upload (Poppi's 2nd and 3rd form Max Out Affinity Chart).
I put all three for funsies. Would have put Poppibuster too, but that's literally the only pre-NG+ Blade I'm missing a node for, though it probably would be simple to change that. At some point when I do NG+, I'll make a folder for all of the Blades tied to it.

Attachments

• Poppi.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: Duppex

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I put all three for funsies. Would have put Poppibuster too, but that's literally the only pre-NG+ Blade I'm missing a node for, though it probably would be simple to change that. At some point when I do NG+, I'll make a folder for all of the Blades tied to it.

Nice One, for the lighting fast upload. Looking forward to you folder upload. Cheers

Reactions: Reina1987

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone asap tell me how to load up golden torna files? I tried it with XC2IraSaveNETThingy.exe But I get the msg: XC2IraSaveNETThingy is not compatible with Base Game Save Files. Please use XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy instead.

Is there some special way to extract golden torna? I acces the game via main menu in XC2.. so idk if it exports the save properly?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone asap tell me how to load up golden torna files? I tried it with XC2IraSaveNETThingy.exe But I get the msg: XC2IraSaveNETThingy is not compatible with Base Game Save Files. Please use XC2Bf2SaveNETThingy instead.

Is there some special way to extract golden torna? I acces the game via main menu in XC2.. so idk if it exports the save properly?

Torna has a separate save file. You need to first start Torna and play it until you can save the game then use XC2IraSaveNETThingy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.