RELEASE XC2SaveNetThingy: A Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Save Editor

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by damysteryman, Jul 22, 2018.

1. CypElf

CypElf Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2017
    France
    Thank you, I'll try ^^
    Edit : it worked perfectly, thank you very much !!

Last edited by CypElf, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Anyone? How can I complete ALL affinity charts for all blades with this?

3. MACandCHEEZWIZ1

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    Canada
    It's probably pretty time consuming and would probably require referencing the datamine a lot, but here are all my completed Blade Affinity Charts, including the Torna DLC. This doesn't contain the seven Blades exclusive to NG+ since I haven't done that, and it doesn't contain the Blades with Affinity Charts you shouldn't be able to work on (ie. Chapter 1 Sever, event Herald, etc.)

Attached Files:

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  4. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Uhh okay I just though you could press 1's to everything or check everythin xD.
    I need to load a config file oh lol
    Thanks

5. emperormaxis

emperormaxis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2019
    United States
    Thank you so much for your extensive and helpful response!! I did manage to figure out I needed to add them from the menu on the first tab, but all the additional information you've given is much appreciated.

I wound up editing one of the common blades to Sword Tonfa(Malos) with custom stats and such, as well as gave it the actual picture and model for Sever. Common blades can actually be edited unlike rare ones. Playing through the entire game with Malos and his custom Sever has worked wonderfully so far, though I am disappointed I cannot open him and edit his inventory directly. I did however give him Morag's skill tree and gave him some accessories appropriate for a tank, using the save editor, both of which work really well.

I've been trying to figure out if any of the unknown values allow Malos' character menu to be directly accessed by comparing them with other party members, but so far I've had no dice.

EDIT: a couple of tests of Challenge Mode Jin, with and without his specific Utsuro, show that he cannot be used in the normal game. Adding him to the party in any slot makes him disappear right after, and if combat is initiated, the game crashes.

Last edited by emperormaxis, Jun 21, 2019
  6. MrSaltySalt

MrSaltySalt Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    okay i have the microsoft.net loader i think
    and i still have no idea how to run the save editor

7. sabykos

sabykos GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Anyway that this tool helps me to complete the challenge mode? At this point I would already be happy, if I could just set the flag for "challange completed" for the tougher challenge battles.
    But anyway to make that mode easy/trivial is also welcome.

8. Red_Soldat

Red_Soldat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2019
    Italy
    Not sure if I'm the first to report this or it has already been discussed, but I've encountered a bug while editing Torna standalone save files.
    Editing any values, from money to unlocking skill trees to adding collectibles, bugs out the Driver's pouches making them unusable.
    If the pouch has been expanded, the second slot works fine, but the first doesn't even appear on the screen and trying to slot anything in it results the message "You can't have more than one item with the same effect".

Switch 8.1.0, Atmosphere 0.9.1, Torna 1.0.2

9. mattyxarope

mattyxarope Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    Would this allow me to reset the quest for Pekka's ardun? I killed it accidentally :(

10. MACandCHEEZWIZ1

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    Canada
    There's a flag editor, but I have no idea which flags correspond to which events. There's only so much you can glean from the datamine. You might be able to piece it together by following the references around.

11. Duppex

Duppex Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Sorry if I have missed this in the post but is there a modifier for (MOVEMENT SPEED?). I know you can increase the speed by 25% by playing through the game but only on chapter 3 and the slow walk/run speed is killing me. Thanks

Last edited by Duppex, Jul 17, 2019 at 7:18 PM
  12. MACandCHEEZWIZ1

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    Canada
    Tilly Deeds
    Sonarius Deeds
    Knick-Knack Deeds
    Paulio Deeds
    Coral Leaf Deeds

If you don't have them already. The game is set so that you can only get a maximum 25% boost in speed, with each of those deeds awarding a +5%. The only real way of going beyond that would be to disassemble your game, find the appropriate file with the values for the deeds and the file for the maximum bonus parameters and change those values, and then reassemble it.
    https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/FLD_OwnerBonus.html
    https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/common/FLD_OwnerBonusParam.html

I don't believe there's anything in the editor that relates to increasing speed beyond that, but I could be wrong.

13. Duppex

Duppex Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the heads up. I managed to find all the deeds using the editor under Key Items. Wow, the game feels so much better now.

Also, does anyone have the Full/Max Out Affinity chart (x2bac) file for Fiora, or know how the max it out using the Editor (Fiora x2bac) file in the download attachment a few posts back post does not seem to work.

Last edited by Duppex, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:56 PM
  14. MACandCHEEZWIZ1

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    Canada
    Give either of these a shot.

Attached Files:

Duppex likes this.
  15. Duppex

Duppex Member

Newcomer