1. Lupe

Lupe GBAtemp Regular

Thailand
    Thank you so much for this!

Last edited by Lupe, Dec 27, 2018
  2. joseph0042

joseph0042 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Having an issue opening a save. Getting the error attached. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

3. Lupe

Lupe GBAtemp Regular

Thailand
    I had the same error before. To fix it, just inject that save back into your game through Checkpoint, open the save in the game, save game again over that save so it's updated, then extract that updated save with Checkpoint and it should work with the editor!

joseph0042 likes this.
  4. joseph0042

joseph0042 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks that worked.

5. wutangzus2002

wutangzus2002 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a back up plan in case that does not work?

6. antema

antema Newbie
    Newcomer

Finland
    Is there a way to edit running speed? There are items that increase running speed, so wouldn't that mean that there is some numerical value tied to the running speed?

7. LeGenD_ArMoUR_

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have a problem with this, if i edit any value on the save for example modifying core numbers and then try to bond with a blade the game crashes and if affects my whole save even if i restore the original save back. What could i be doing wrong?

EDIT* fixed issue for anyone with this problem check driver stats and change to reasonable values

Last edited by LeGenD_ArMoUR_, Dec 31, 2018
  8. Psoloratoras

Psoloratoras Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    The game won't let me edit that obnoxious 4000 blade switch affinity node for pyra. I change the value to 3999, then go in-game and see it's not registered. Any help?

9. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    All I can suggest is to spam pouch items. A turbo controller works wonders.

10. Psoloratoras

Psoloratoras Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    I pretty much found the solution. You have to change both the count to be the same as the max count(anything below that doesn't register) and also hex edit the values on the bottom right box. For nodes that need you to do something X times, you change the value from 00 00 to 0B 00 to unlock it, while for the rest of the nodes that are tied to heart to heart, quests or anything else that doesn't require you to perform an action X times, the value is 09 00 to unlock it. At least for Pyra/Mythra. I've only had the walk 400k steps left for mythra and switch blades 4000 times with pyra, everything else I had already unlocked, so I don't know if it messes with the game if you haven't unlocked the previous nodes. The only downside is that you eventually don't receive the idea points, which is no biggie since you can edit those easily.

Last edited by Psoloratoras, Jan 1, 2019
  11. jeffsirlina

jeffsirlina Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone have the finished save file for Torna the Golden Country? I would like to play from NG+, I can trade for the NG+ save file for the XC2 for it. Thank you.

12. SmokinGalaxy

SmokinGalaxy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there anything in particular that you did when completing this? I have tried and tried what you said 7 times and still receive the error. I opened a save someone added on here and it opens just fine. I'm stuck lol idk what else to try

Edit*** I added my save file in case anyone can get it to work, it would be much appreciated. I've edited some of it with 010 Editor, but I would like to take a crack at everything else available with this save editor, it's much cleaner of an interface

Attached Files:

Last edited by SmokinGalaxy, Jan 10, 2019
  13. damysteryman

OP damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Turns out this was a bug on my part, loading of save files from older versions of the game got broken in the latest update. So here is a quick update with that bug fixed, your file loads fine for me now.

Try this version:
    Download: https://gitlab.com/damysteryman/XC2SaveNETThingy/tags/r6.1

14. chusski

chusski Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hello, thx for explain.
    I am try to do that withPyra, but if do like to explain in here, and save the file, give a a error chart.
    Too try to load, from Blades affinity, and follow that guide, but only unlock rows. the counts continued like to my save....
    know what i am doing bad?

[SOLVED] Need reload any time the save editor software....

thx very much.

Attached Files:

Last edited by chusski, Jan 27, 2019
  15. chusski

chusski Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Guys, how add the Blades to bank ? (not to library)
    i not get lucky to get from core crystal...

plz and thx very much

Last edited by chusski, Jan 27, 2019
  16. sanderdsz

sanderdsz GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    When I finish the fight against Malos and Jin at the end of chapter 7 the game crashes after the first round of the fight.
    Can someone spark a light what may happen?

I put all the blades inside my save, do you guys think I need to remove some of them?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can someone verify what mess I made in my savefiles?

Attached Files:

ptthanh1993 likes this.
  17. ggmkp

ggmkp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm missing one rare blade, how do I put it in without popping the cores?
    I checked Is Enabled box and set creator and driver.
    But it's still not showing up...

18. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So for the Golden tora portion of the game it will only launch from within xenoblade 2 at the start menu, when I made a save file I can't find it to make the back up of it to use the tool. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it because it's being played as an add on vs the actual independent game?

19. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    You may have to search around the program for additional flags to enable. Maybe the blade needs to have a non-zero trust rank/key release level value? A weapon equipped? Time awakened? Etc, etc. Could be those options are keeping it from appearing in your game. Also, if those fail, try changing some values in the other tabs (I'm thinking "AffinityChartStatus" and "BladeReleaseStatus" under the "other" tab, set to "1"). Look at the numbers on blades you've already obtained. Those two values are both ones, on all the blades I have, excluding Dagas, because there's actually TWO charts for him. Just be sure to keep an extra backup somewhere until you figure this out. Otherwise, you could always add a bunch of legendary cores and just pop those repeatedly until you've hit a pity break and bond with the rare blade you're missing. Good luck!

The DLC version is saved under the main game's files. So backup Xenoblade Chronicles 2, then transfer it to your PC and open the "irasavefile.sav" file with XC2IraSaveNETThingy. I believe the standalone cartridge version has its own save data, separate from the main game.

Dtk0kai likes this.
  20. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Thanks ill check it out.

Update: You were %100 correct thank you.

Last edited by Dtk0kai, Feb 3, 2019
    GuyInDogSuit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - XC2SaveNetThingy, Chronicles, Xenoblade