Hacking XC Retail Save to GW?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CN is needed to run NTR CFW Savegame plugin. MAYBE GW will update and allow SDF to work with retail cards, at least it was forwarded to their dev-team.

Using a savegame dongle or powersave 3ds could work, buts its also extra costs. I would prefer buying CN.

Reactions: prototech

JJKKTT

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I've been trying to figure this out too.
XC needs 9.4 to run which means if you're running gateway, the only way you can play it is in an updated classic mode.But NTR won't run in Gateway Classic; only in Sysnand (which would be <9.2). I've tried using the eshop FW spoofing method to get the save off XC on NTR CFW but since the game needs 9.4 to run, the game doesn't load and the save doesn't get extracted.

Just thought I'd save the OP some cash if he was going to buy CN for this reason.
If anybody has a solution to this, I'd be very interested as well. So far, this is the only save I haven't been able to migrate from retail to GW.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I've been trying to figure this out too.
XC needs 9.4 to run which means if you're running gateway, the only way you can play it is in an updated classic mode.But NTR won't run in Gateway Classic; only in Sysnand (which would be <9.2). I've tried using the eshop FW spoofing method to get the save off XC on NTR CFW but since the game needs 9.4 to run, the game doesn't load and the save doesn't get extracted.

Just thought I'd save the OP some cash if he was going to buy CN for this reason.
If anybody has a solution to this, I'd be very interested as well. So far, this is the only save I haven't been able to migrate from retail to GW.

Is it worth buying CN and installing CFW? I have a N3DS with 9.0.0 SysNAND and same EmuNAND with GW exploit installed... Can someone walk me through all this?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS with SysNAND 9.0.0 and EmuNAND same FW (9.0.0). I have been using GW with N3DS and was hoping to transfer my XC and MH4U retail saves to GW. I just happened to walk into a Gamestop today and what did I see, a used copy of CN for $20. :)
Anyway, I bought the CN game and am wondering if it is possible to use both GW and CFW. Can someone walk me through all this and how to setup CFW? Thoughts/help GREATLY appreciated :)

JJKKTT

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way I can think of would be to use another N3DS on 9.4 to access XC through NTR and extract the decrypted save from there. After that, the usual steps for restoring a save to gateway should work. Unless you can convince Cell9 to allow NTR to run in gateway classic firmware, I don't really see any other way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1