Gaming Xbox360 UK Warranty without Receipt ??

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hi,

i got xbox360 arcade for my birthday but no receipt came with it & its nowhere to be found so i called gamestation (where the console was bought from/cash) & asked them for a copy of the receipt & they refused to give us one !! but when i asked them what about the 1 year warranty they said you need a receipt for it !!! can someone please give me a proper advise here .thanks

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You might need the receipt for the store warranty but you don't need it for the 3 years Microsoft warranty.

yeah i know but the 3 year warranty only covers the 3 red ring problem !!

unsure.gif
I'm pretty sure that's not right, the warranty should cover any problem on your 360.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might need the receipt for the store warranty but you don't need it for the 3 years Microsoft warranty.

unsure.gif
I'm pretty sure that's not right, the warranty should cover any problem on your 360.
He's right. But they won't know, just phone up M$ and tell them you got a RROD. Or just wrap your 360 in a towel and play a game to deliberately overheat it
lecture.gif
(Just don't take your eyes off it!)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

unsure.gif
He's right. But they won't know, just phone up M$ and tell them you got a RROD. Or just wrap your 360 in a towel and play a game to deliberately overheat it
lecture.gif
(Just don't take your eyes off it!)

lol never thought about this but i must say its a good idea
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

so how do i register this console with microsoft without the receipt & does the 3 year warranty start from the day i register or from manufacture date ??

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
ok i have called microsoft this morning & they told me the console will be covered without the receipt for 3 years the 1st one for any defect & the remaining 2 for red ring of death (they actually said red ring of death
laugh.gif
). they wanted the serial number though to tell me exactly when the warranty starts. i will call them again later with the serial number when i get home.

hope this thread be helpful to others .

thanks for the replies.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.