XboX360 Slim Hacked

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by taktularCBo, Aug 16, 2010.

Aug 16, 2010

XboX360 Slim Hacked by taktularCBo at 6:09 AM (1,779 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. taktularCBo
    OP

Member taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

France
    source: team-xecuter.com

seems to be in near future that we can play backups on slim...yea baby [​IMG] (where is a smiley with an xbox controller??? [​IMG] )

2. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Can people verify this? Seems too fast for me. But if this is true I'll pick up one at X'mas.

3. taktularCBo
    OP

Member taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

France
  4. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    i wonder if the slim drives are easier to dump full firmware from than the recent liteon drives in the regular 360's. [​IMG]

5. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I would think that it would require soldering to get the DVD key. Microsoft aren't going to go backwards from the recent Lite-Ons, and it's a Lite-on in this new 360 anyway, isn't it?

6. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Probably not, but lite-on 74850C require a probe (or MRA) to get the serial) while the newer 83850C didn't require any other hardware, but ended with 83850C V2/93450C which required the MRA hack.
    And Yea, it is a lite-on drive in these new slim xboxes.

What I'm wondering is if these new xboxes will have newer way to detect modification and have more bans. I hope these hacks doesn't require purchasing any chips like the current ones.

Off topic but when MS repairs the old Xbox 360s they replace all dvd drive to BenQ or lite-on, is there a reason other than to just replace old hardware that may fail soon?

7. Livin in a box

United Kingdom
    Probably, Hitachi's are just as easy to flash as a BenQ drive is IIRC.

8. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    But could these Philips BenQ/Lite-on drive able to read certain things differently to detect some sort of modification... Questions, questions.. really wondering what MS may have up their sleeves.

9. Livin in a box

United Kingdom
    I read somewhere that they're the same type used in the newest Arcade's, but they could have been lying. Taking a flashed DVD drive is a risk on LIVE anyway, but I'm sure we'll soon see after the guinea pigs have installed it.

10. DEagleson

Member DEagleson Gamer Extraordinaire

Norway
    If we could get something similar to a JTAG hack on the new xbox 360 S hardware, that would be sweet. xD
    But i got my trusty xbox 360 Arcade for that while my new glossy black thats also slightly slimmer xbox 360 for legit games only.

11. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I wonder how many people actually do this? I haven't myself despite have a benq drive which I gather is one of the easiest.

I've been looking round eBay for a Jtaggable new XBOX as I previously updated mine, and I won a new (0904X) 60GB pro for £85 + £13 postage and a new (0924X, which I gather is the last jtagable batch) 120GB elite for £122 + £14. They didn't make any more than a unjtaggable console. I thought the elite might be worth something if I put it away, but I regret buying it now.

This thread http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?action...e;topic=13258.0 is really making regret buying a second console. It sounds rather complex to Jtag the later consoles, some of the guides make it seem quite simple.