Hacking XBOX360 (PHAT) exchange DVD Drive with 3.5" HDD.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

currently im playing a bit with my old consoles and do some mods. At the moment i just think about to Install my old 3.5 USB HDD which i used with the USB drive inside my XB360.
The Box is JTAGed for sure, but i cant find any propper diagram or some thing on ebay how to do a converter XB360 DVD to SATA Power Adapter..

Did somebody already did it? or found something which could get buyed out of the box, my soldering skills are not the best, but im sure i could manage to do such a cable with the right plan :)

Thanks for your support guys,

Regards,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You want to convert the DVD drives power cable into a SATA cable?
Hm, I don't know of any ebay cable that does that, I do know that people have soldered a SATA power cable to the board.

I'm pretty sure you can splice the two cables together but I haven't found anything of that either.
Quick google search revealed this tho.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this is what you want, but I found various pinout diagrams by Googling "xbox 360 dvd drive power pinout".

From this you could get a Molex to SATA power cable, cut off the molex connector and solder the 12v/5v/Gnd cables, which shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm curious though, is this even possible? I always though you needed the DVD drive to boot.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello both :)

Thanks for your help.

@DinohScene: Yes, im aware about the Jumper, but i want to get the power from there, so i assume i simply will solder this 2 Pins together :) I was looking for a Plan, which pin / cable is the ground / 5v / 12v and sooo on :) More less a detail pircture or plan of Exectuter instruction 17 + 18 :)

@tech3475: With a JTAG / RGH Console its possible, you can use the jumper or you can flash a new image which ignores the drive. I was just looking for a plan to get Power to the HDD from the DVD Drive :)

Reactions: tech3475

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it possible to add a second hard drive connected to the sata interface of the dvd? Non only for power, also for data. With a rgh setup obviously.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of this mod, but I believe you can solder an additional hdd to the memory unit points. I've never done it, but I seem to recall that mod.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JTAG/RGH machines ignore the missing DVD drive.
The power button LED will start flashing but you can turn that off by bridging 2 pins on the DVD power connector.
how to do it? my rgh jasper Not boot now and dvd drive not work... led flash like u say..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.