Xbox shows off a new controller designed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the original Xbox

xbox.png

November 15, 2001--that's the release date of the original Xbox. Next month will mark the 20th anniversary of the console's launch, and Microsoft has something to celebrate the occasion with. A new Xbox controller and headset have been announced, featuring a special black-and-green translucent design, which is a throwback to the look of the original Xbox Debug Kit. They'll both be releasing on November 15th, with both the headset and controller retailing on the Microsoft Store for $69.99.

:arrow: Source

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would've been cool if they did a new XSS/X design, with the original Xbox aesthetics instead.. The controller here is still nice looking though.

Last edited by CoolMe,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to place an order for the controller before it was sold out. I must have been one of the last in line because it kept going out of stock when in my cart. Refreshed constantly for 5 minutes and got one. A worthy purchase for me since I only had one controller.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Huh, Well I'll be damned.

It's not straight from MS, but its MS licensed so its probably as good as its going to get. That's pretty neat!
It’s actually pretty neat - the Xbox logo was replaced with a small OLED that displays the original Xbox boot sequence. Very nifty collectible.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing that would have made it even better, imo, is if the front bumpers were the same color green as the rear grips. Like this. Sorry I'm not a Photoshop pro and just did this in MS Paint in 5 minutes. :P

Edit: And colored letters on the YXBA buttons, but I'm not making a new image. lol

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: DaniPoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended