Xbox Series X will launch this November

XboxSeriesXHERO.jpg

Following the disappointing, but understandable, news of Halo Infinite's delay, we now have better news. Instead of the vague "Holiday 2020" release window previously announced, Microsoft has announced today that its next-gen console, the Xbox Series X, will launch this November. While an exact date is still unknown, The Verge writes that, according to its sources, the console will likely launch on the first week of November.

While the Xbox Series X will not launch with Halo Infinite, Microsoft notes, as consolation, that "more than 50 new games planned for this year across generations and optimized for Xbox Series X" and "over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year".

:arrow: SOURCE

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They're still determining the max amount we'll pay.
No they're not. Not even sort of. There's no way they're still working that through 3 months from launch. There are a lot of steps and time needed to come to that conclusion; in fact, I'm sure they've had their price-point for a long while now, after figuring out which bits they're going to use in their console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

be locked out of the SeX
Nice.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No price = no direct interest = no (pre)purchase ... but hey what can go wrong?

Also with November week 1 being the launch... what games will launch with it that are exclusive and interesting enough, and not only optimized for Series X? Not to bash them in any way or form ... but you cant expect people to buy a new system on which they only can play old gen games with a boost on ... or can they (might just be me)?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still feels strange that with the upcoming Series X release, that means another gaming generation is almost over and it feels like it was only yesterday that Xbox One was released to a shitshow involving their planned always online DRM and their, "Kinect is important to the system and can't be removed".

Reactions: Kraken_X

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No price = no direct interest = no (pre)purchase ... but hey what can go wrong?

Also with November week 1 being the launch... what games will launch with it that are exclusive and interesting enough, and not only optimized for Series X? Not to bash them in any way or form ... but you cant expect people to buy a new system on which they only can play old gen games with a boost on ... or can they (might just be me)?

Microsoft has been up-front that they have zero first party next-gen exclusives this year and likely next as well.

Sony has... a glorified expansion pack for a PS4 game for holiday.

Covid has really fucked with development timetables.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Following the disappointing, but understandable, news of Halo Infinite's delay, we now have better news. Instead of the vague "Holiday 2020" release window previously announced, Microsoft has announced today that its next-gen console, the Xbox Series X, will launch this November. While an exact date is still unknown, The Verge writes that, according to its sources, the console will likely launch on the first week of November.

While the Xbox Series X will not launch with Halo Infinite, Microsoft notes, as consolation, that "more than 50 new games planned for this year across generations and optimized for Xbox Series X" and "over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year".

:arrow: SOURCE
Is there really a reason to buy a console from Microsoft anymore? I mean every game you could want to play is either on other platforms or on PC.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Is there really a reason to buy a console from Microsoft anymore? I mean every game you could want to play is either on other platforms or on PC.
At this point, the main reason people will buy Xbox consoles is because they're already apart of the "Xbox" ecosystem and don't want to/can't bother to change. Their friends play it, most of the games they own are on it, they have all their achievements and whatever on it, etc, and the console will have a much cheaper introductory price for those that don't already have a gaming PC (when referring to equivalent specs, anyways).

Otherwise, there's honestly no real reason to buy one, yeah.

Reactions: DarkCrudus
D

Deleted User

New consoles always have some faulty issue that affects the customer though who's going to wait a few years for PS5 Slim when PS5 is already available? Very few.

I'm honestly happy with PS2, NGC, Wii and 3DS games so can't see myself spending money on a PS5 any time soon.

Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mario Kart 9 for the Switch.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At this point, the main reason people will buy Xbox consoles is because they're already apart of the "Xbox" ecosystem and don't want to/can't bother to change. Their friends play it, most of the games they own are on it, they have all their achievements and whatever on it, etc, and the console will have a much cheaper introductory price for those that don't already have a gaming PC (when referring to equivalent specs, anyways).

Otherwise, there's honestly no real reason to buy one, yeah.
I can confirm. I own pc(rather dated specs) xbox Playstation and switch. I'm planning to pick up the SX first as I primarily play on the xbox and it encompasses most of my library.

I do have my other consoles for exclusive stuff only and will pick up the ps5 eventually.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will be an expensive christmas present for parents to their child
With scalper, it will be over 800usd, which is like 1000-1100CAD here
There's no way I manage to get a hand on a ps5, it will be the same
FUCK SCALPER SERIOUSLY

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No they're not. Not even sort of. There's no way they're still working that through 3 months from launch. There are a lot of steps and time needed to come to that conclusion; in fact, I'm sure they've had their price-point for a long while now, after figuring out which bits they're going to use in their console.

While I agree with you they've done all sorts of math and prep for the launch price. I have no doubt that they are very keen on knowing Sony's launch price. If Sony revealed their launch price now and it significantly undercuts MS unrevealed price target, I think MS will easily knock off 50USD to try save face. There's no question the first to announce price takes a risk here. From specs the XSX is more expensive than PS5 to manufacture, but MS may be willing to swallow smaller margins and or even a loss to keep within 50 bucks of Sony.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Simple answer the price. A PC capable of running next gen is going to cost you $1000+ a series X would be like $500. If you currently have a PC capable of running next gen you wouldn't be looking at consoles anyway :ha:

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo was supposed to be a launch title yet it seems it looked awful for a next gen console, they had to remake it and delay its release.

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the console looks neat but growing older and wiser Im never getting day1 consoles again. Day1 libraries are boring so I will wait for the library to build, Im still happy with this gen and retro games for a few years plus the price may drop plus we may even get a pro model so who knows.

Also want to wait for the library to build for both MS and Sony to see which to get, I will always lean towards sony because they have a proven library every console gen and with MS they are multi plat games or even on PC and the games that are exclusive are just not my cup of tea and they do not have as many exclusives compared to sony. still MS has deep pockets so they can change this easily and if they did have some fun games that werent halo, fable, forza and they made fun games like spiderman, metal gear, god of war, yakuza etc etc etc too many to list I will be for it

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't wait for people to scalp this and the PS5 due to COVID-19...
I don't see a relation. I mean, new consoles are almost always scalped and sold for a profit for the first few weeks, until availability gets better, but what does this have to do with Covid? I'd rather think less people would buy right at release because money is tight.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might get the next xbox, but fuck playstation. I've been a playstation person since the beginning, but I don't like this shitty bc they have going with it. "we hope" to have the 100 most popular titles as bc at launch. remember they said the same thing about the vita and North America got what, nine, yes nine, games.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I might get the next xbox, but fuck playstation. I've been a playstation person since the beginning, but I don't like this shitty bc they have going with it. "we hope" to have the 100 most popular titles as bc at launch. remember they said the same thing about the vita and North America got what, nine, yes nine, games.
I prefer XBOX, but that said wasn't that regarding BC a misunderstanding?
AFAIK (almost) all PS4 games will be playable through BC on day one, but "up to now around 100 have been fully tested"; untested doesn't mean it can't be played, but perhaps there might be some small glithes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't matter if it's all really. that's ps4 only. as it stands, I have to have my ps2, 3, and 4 all plugged in at the same time just to play my games.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated