1. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    so instead of having actual new games at launch they are going to make you replay all your OLD games with slightly better FPS which you can do already ON THE PC :rofl2:

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    I think they said there's not going to be much that's next generation exclusive in the first year at some point, and then you have their presentation which was essentially their "PS5 M.2 SSD ASMR Engineering Lecture by Mark Cerny" moment in the 9th generation of console wars.

3. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Most PC gamers avoided the Xbox One all together because they ended up putting pratically all their exclusives on PC. Even games like Forza that used to be Xbox only are now on PC. Now all of them Gears 5, Halo 5, Ori 1 and 2 all ended up on PC.

A lot of times if the question is asked "why isn't the Xbox One hacked?" the answer is "you can just get the games on PC so no one bothered" I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I believe there could be some truth.

Last edited by Jayinem81, May 28, 2020
    kazenohibi and Silent_Gunner like this.
  4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    I read that they'll be compatible.

Stealphie likes this.
  5. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Unleashed at 60 FPS
    Unleashed st 60 FPS
    UNLEASHED AT 60 FPS

6. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay I understand I just feel like alot of people are not going to upgrade right away especially if they have a perfectly working console and backlog and most importantly most games are still going to be supported for at least another 2 years.

Load times don't bother me. "Except for GTA V loading screen" that was horrible.

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    So it's going to be one step closer to being a pc? Okay... That's cool.

I already have a pc, but still : thumbs up. It's certainly better than a Kinect as a launch feature. :)

8. Jayinem81

United States
    Waiting a while is the way to go. I used to want consoles at launch until I realized almost every one of them are shitty in the first year it is mostly ports and crappy games. The good games come a little bit in year two and beyond. On top of that, sometimes the first models have flaws such as overheating that they correct in later versions. So you're paying the most money for the riskier console for no real reward. Sure you can play your old games but I can do that already.

Like I'm definitely getting a PS5, but not in the first year.

9. tommasi

tommasi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Microsoft new microwave!

10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    We will have to wait and see. However, I am fine with Sony. A long time fan of Sony and Nintendo. Not so much for Microsoft consoles!

11. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As a PlayStation fan I'm probably gonna end up getting the XSX. Microsoft is being so open about the XSX and everything we hear about it is good news. With the PS5 Sony hasn't been keeping their fans updated at all and have left them in the dark. Don't know why they think it's a good idea to stay silent but Sony has a track record for being stupid.

12. Jayinem81

United States
    Supposed to be a PS event June 3rd.

13. CrossOut

CrossOut GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I hope the Kingdom Hearts games come to Xbox Game Pass for P.C.

Mohammed2935 likes this.
  14. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    Sony: Nah, fuck you pay me (for PS Now)

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, May 28, 2020
  15. Imparasite

Imparasite GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    how about any exclusive games?? a powerful
    console is useless if there’s no any good exclusives . actually i just wasted my money buying an xbox one x believing they will release a good exclusive games, in the end my console just eating dust on my closet so i just sold it than eating more dust in my closet every month lol

Jayinem81 likes this.
  16. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    I'm both chuffed but a bit disappointed at this confirmation.. I mean I had friends foaming at the mouth when they said 'full BC', expecting to play JSRF, Outrun 2006, Burnout 3 and the rest, but no, as I suspected it's just whatever's currently playable on the Xbox One ...plus of course XBO games.

Auto HDR is 'nice' (but am I the only person that thinks HDR is a teeny little bit overhyped? I mean it's fine, but not the game changer I was told it was when I finally upgraded..), and the framerate improvements, one would assume, will only apply to games with unlocked framerates in them.

Still, it's nice to hear they're listening out for suggestions on improving the BC list! Tell me where I can write those suggestions down MS - I've got tons I could mention (not just for OG, there's a good list of 360 games too!) ;)

17. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Not updating ther fans lol e3 is not even here yet so why should they say anything - I kno thers no e3 but I'm sure you get what I mean - - what's the rush for hearing anything thers months away I really don't see a problem and if you was a playstation fan it shouldn't really bother you and as someone said thers a reveal of sorts next week

18. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    This is what happens when you lead the market. You rest on your laurels and you don't feel the need to need to engage and innovate. This is why Microsoft's game pass is miles better than PS Now and Microsoft actually gives a shit about free local backwards compatibility

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, May 28, 2020
    64bitmodels, Goku1992A and DuoForce like this.
  19. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    They're working together y'know, Sony and MS - they must be! Sony completely fecked up the PS3 launch, only just recovering from it... then MS said 'Our turn' and royally ballsed up the Xbox One launch (and never really recovered at all from it) ....It's just Sony's turn again! :lol:

Seriously though, tactically, as a gamer, switching sides per gen is a good idea anyway! My kid bro doesn't have as much spare cash as me, so he bought an Xbox 360, moved onto a PS4, and is now eyeing up a XSX... Currently he's got his PS4 and 360 under his telly, he'll simply retire the 360 and still have 'the best of both worlds' as it were...

20. Danker301090

Danker301090 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Im just hoping some of the harder unknown games get the backwards treatment. Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom is one game that comes to mind. Yes you can play it on the PS3 emulator but i want true authentic graphics.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - framerates, compatible, backwards