XP
Country
United States
  • CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT) 7nm
  • GPU: 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz, Custom RDNA 2
  • Memory: 16GB GDDR6
  • Storage: 1TB custom NVMe SSD
  • Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray
  • Ports: HDMI 2.1 output, 3x USB 3.2, networking port, expanded storage slot, power input
  • 120 fps support
  • Potential 8K resolutions
  • Ray-tracing technology
  • Variable Rate Shading for more stable frame rates
  • Compatible with Xbox One accessories
  • Smart Delivery
XzEnq2QakvdKRpvEUjgxC-650-80.jpg.webp

And here's a lengthy article if you feel like reading it: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-inside-xbox-series-x-full-specs

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
My thoughts exactly, I can't imagine a 2tb expansion being cheap on launch.
True, and being proprietary Microsoft can charge whatever they want and the consumer has no choice but to pay their price for extra storage. Reminds me of the PSP/Vita days of absurdly expensive storage drives, or even the Nintendo Switch branded micro SD cards.

Reactions: micp

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
True, and being proprietary Microsoft can charge whatever they want and the consumer has no choice but to pay their price for extra storage. Reminds me of the PSP/Vita days of absurdly expensive storage drives, or even the Nintendo Switch branded micro SD cards.

Yup, its the unfortunate circumstance we often find ourselves in. They've got to make that extra cash out of you somehow!

Reactions: Iamapirate

ChronoTrig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated 1TB by SeaGate SSD for Xbox Series X is going to be $220 USD. People are complaining it's too much, but given the market it's not that bad in comparison to Samsung SSD's. People will always complain though because they want everything dirt cheap.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At £230 a pop I doubt that many people will be buying them.. and if you have a Series S where you actually need extra storage, you can just buy another console for a tenner more! EDIT: Ok, £20 more.

Last edited by subcon959,

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, this entire setup is flawed. Games so large they fill an SSD (which already has limited lifetime writes, even with the latest algorithms), so hammer your small (by new standards) storage to death, or pay the equivalent of a new system, it's close to being a console killer (lol).

ChronoTrig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would a game be so large it'd fill an entire SSD? The largest game I've encountered is roughly 110GBs, not 500GBs or even 1TB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning