Hardware Xbox RROD INFO NEEDED

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i was selling my 30gb zune like 99% new as i only used once

guy asked it i would trade for his jtagged xbox 360 with 120gb hdd he said it once had rrod but he fixed it Cleaned up heatsinks set fans to 12v and xenon 2006

so should i trade and what the possablity of getting red ring of death again and if it did happen could i fix it again

i really want an xbox

xephos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ask him where he wired his fans, also ask how he fixed the RROD. if he wired the fans under the motherboard you're good and if he fixed the RROD with a re-flow then thats also a check, but don't give him options when you ask just ask for the way he wired his fans, and for the method of repair for the RROD

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it has had an RRoD before then DO NOT GET IT.

Only if you do some cooling mods then it could last but it's not really up to the job of playing lengthly gaming sessions.

Proper airflow with extra fans + cooling mods will decrease temperature but it won't last as long as a Jasper jTAG/RGH would.

Reactions: 1 person

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only thing I can advice you is to properly cool your Xenon.

Please keep an close eye on your temperatures and if you manage to bring them down BELOW 70 (for CPU GPU and RAM) then it would last longer)

My Falcon currently runs at below 40 for both CPU and GPU and 55 ish for the RAM.
(going to add little heatsinks on the Southbridge + HANA and the RAM chips very soon)

xephos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please keep an close eye on your temperatures and if you manage to bring them down BELOW 70 (for CPU GPU and RAM) then it would last longer)

My Falcon currently runs at below 40 for both CPU and GPU and 55 ish for the RAM.
(going to add little heatsinks on the Southbridge + HANA and the RAM chips very soon)
That's a good idea, if you can remove the case and have an open flow chassis with the dvd drive out of the chassis and the fans pointing on the heatskins, also high quality thermal paste.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

That's a good idea, if you can remove the case and have an open flow chassis with the dvd drive out of the chassis and the fans pointing on the heatskins, also high quality thermal paste.

I've made a intake hole in the side of my 360 and covered it up with a fan grill.
Beneath that is a 40mm fan directly ontop of the GPU heatsink sucking in cold air.

The back has the metal fan mesh removed and I changed the stock speed to 75CPU 80GPU for the exhaust fans iirc..

It's still running on the MS thermal paste and Xclamps since I don't have AS5 anymore.

In all those temps where pretty surprising.
I do clean it reguarly to keep it free from dust ;D

xephos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've made a intake hole in the side of my 360 and covered it up with a fan grill.
Beneath that is a 40mm fan directly ontop of the GPU heatsink sucking in cold air.

The back has the metal fan mesh removed and I changed the stock speed to 75CPU 80GPU for the exhaust fans iirc..

It's still running on the MS thermal paste and Xclamps since I don't have AS5 anymore.

Probably a really bad idea but he could watercool it, FrozenCPU.com sells block for phat's and slims

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c83/s404/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Water_Cooling_Kits_Cases-Xbox_360_Liquid_Cooling-Page1.html

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't. get. it.

It'll RROD again, as for how long it will resist, it's just a matter of time.

Cooling doesn't mean much, I've seen 360s go RROD during Winter, after short gaming sessions (mainly after just powering it).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Probably a really bad idea but he could watercool it, FrozenCPU.com sells block for phat's and slims

http://www.frozencpu...ling-Page1.html

He should still mount heatsinks to the RAM ANA and SB to prevent overheating from that.
And ofcourse should set his fan speeds to 70%.
If he can keep his CPU AND GPU on room temp then it should last but it will be very expensive.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see the going prices for both on ebay
sell which ever one is worth the most money
use said money to buy a new 360 slim (along with your current savings)

rrod 360 is not worth it, believe me
I went through hell trying to keep one running, it worked out good in the end because I sold it for double what I payed for it about a year later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The ciniematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The ciniematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most...