NULL

Xbox Project Scarlett unveiled, has Halo Infinite as launch title

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 9, 2019.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Here's some great ideas for Microsoft's next home console name:

Xbox 2
    Xbox 6
    Microsoft Computer Entertainment System
    Nextbox
    Xbox U
    Xbox 0
    Xbox 1.5
    Windows 11
    Bill Gates

usernamecharlie likes this.
  2. Godofcheese

Godofcheese GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    Haha, here is the tweet tho

3. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I don't really know what the load times are like on Xbox One, so I guess that's possible. My example is based on only upgrading the storage drive, though, not taking into account the CPU/RAM improvements.

That's a ridiculously stupid claim. Even a 2080Ti can't manage 120 FPS in 4K for modern games. Not a snowball's chance in hell that an AMD APU can pull it off.

Last edited by Xzi, Jun 10, 2019
  4. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    They keep going on about power so why not call it xbox the incredible hulk as it also matches ther logo which is green:lol:

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    *up to* 120FPS in 4K for selected games (such as minecraft)

gamesquest1, FateForWindows and Xzi like this.
  6. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    No optical, no buy. I'm still hoping for optical so there's backward compatibility, but we'll see.

Seems to be basically the same as the ps5. They'll have to use special hardware or unique software to stand apart. I wonder if sony will go with a new VR device.

Here's hoping the OS isn't a complete dumpster fire like Xbox One currently is.

7. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    They probably are talking about their load times again

Last edited by GoldenBullet, Jun 10, 2019
  8. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    If there's no disc drive they can forget about countries like Japan and New Zealand. I don't think my brother has ever bought a digital game for his Xbox One.

9. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Weren't there supposed to be more than one version? I'm betting the expensive one has a disc drive and maybe backwards comaptibility, while the cheaper option has no disc drive and no b/c.

10. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I know there was a rumor/patent/some rumbling about a streaming box not unlike that of the Google Stadia for the cheaper version!

11. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I don't see any reason why the XB1 SAD couldn't stream Scarlett games too. All you need for streaming games is potato-level hardware.

Silent_Gunner and EmulateLife like this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Well, there's a nihilistic idea for a console. "Want to play new games? Open up that nice sweet wallet of yours and let us take that money for services that we SWEAR will be better than what Google Stadia offers!"

It's funny. I was just telling a relative of mine about the Stadia's pricing model (he has kind of checked out of gaming ever since the 7th generation), and he said it reminded him of Amazon Prime more than a few years ago with videos where you're paying more for access to their streaming services and have to pay more if you want to watch a season of a TV show for example!

13. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I might be remembering incorrectly but I remember them saying at one point during the trailer something about it running "4 generations of games" (Xbox OG, 360, One, Scarlett), so BC is definitely likely, probably in a similar vein to the One (at least with original and 360 games). I really, really hope that it has a disc drive though. It's an absolute must.

14. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    "from a PURE PROCESSING perspective, its 4x more powerful" they never said the GPU power

Armadillo likes this.
  15. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    You mean physical, not optical.

Discs are slow and really backwards. Anything not using flash at this point will just be the laughingstock of consoles.

16. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    This just hit me.

If it can run all of those, and people hack the shit out of this, put in better cooling, and crack the system and its configurability wide open, this might be the console that can play the most games out of them all if you throw emulation into all of that. This is probably based on some version of Windows 10, and with BC for the 360 and the OG Xbox games, not to mention the XBone, and add on top of that potentially everything from Nintendo to the Wii U and the PS2 for Sony, it'd be insane how much this console could potentially emulate and play given what we know right now in regards to the specs...

...not that it'd make it worth replacing my PC with by a longshot!

FateForWindows likes this.
  17. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Yeah but considering the Xbox One is not even really cracked as far as playing backups yet, I wouldn't hold my breath. Microsoft has stepped it up as far as security and it will be even tougher than Xbox One without a doubt this time.

18. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I actually wouldn't mind replacing discs with, say, flash drives or some kind of card. It blows my mind how apathetic people are towards discs for games that, if they didn't pay for it, others paid for it on their behalf and they just treat it like another disposable Pepsi/Mountain Dew can!

19. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Whatever doesn't require me to download massive GB in order to play a game I just bought. Though optical would be required for backward compatibility :3

20. Silent_Gunner

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Cracks always form sooner or later. It's just that all the Xbox One has going for it outside of sequels to multiplayer shooter games is...a feature that lets Shovel Knight fight like a Battletoad and a boss with the trio. *yells *YAY!!!" the same way that dude yelled "PEGGLE 2!!!"*

NULL