NULL

Xbox Project Scarlett unveiled, has Halo Infinite as launch title

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 9, 2019.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 13, 2019
    United States
    You're only thinking about games from a powerful console standpoint. 3DS just released it's last game Switch has handheld market to itself and companies can save money by releasing their games on it. There's no reason to think they won't. Switch has sold over 30 million units already you don't think third party companies want in on that?

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    One thing that sucks about the XB1 4K Blu-ray drive is that it only has Dolby Vision support for a select list of televisions. Even if you have a capable tv, if it's not on their list you can forget it. If your tv doesn't support Dolby Vision it's obviously not an issue for a person, but I nearly bought one ONLY for it's 4K player until I found out my $1,200 DV capable tv from 2017 isn't supported. So even WITH the drive - it was still a failure. Again, IMO, because people get butt hurt over what is obviously an opinion so you need to specifically point it out to them in every frigging post.

3. sonicvssilver22

sonicvssilver22 •Sever the skyline•

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Pherae
    The return of my favorite catchphrase:

“Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive” :creep:

4. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Porting to a platform which isnt as capable as the ones you were developing for can cost a lot of money. Of course the switch could still receive third party games, but the ones coming from the ps5 or scarlet are extremely unlikely, so new, exclusive switch titles are the only thing i see possible (just like how third parties were on the 3ds era).

The wii was a successful console, but it is full of shovelware and few third parties titles coming from the ps3/360, then you had the exclusive third party titles. The scenario is repeating now. Popularity doesnt matter if the cost of downgrading your game is huge, especially to the point it will be unrecognizable from your original vision, it's a huge no no to certain developers.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Jun 9, 2019
    Codemastershock, Voxel and TheMrIron2 like this.
  5. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    It's just the fanboys. When I said I was disappointed in most of the games in the Microsoft E3 thread I was told to "find a new hobby"

Silent_Gunner and D34DL1N3R like this.
  6. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    The Wii U was and still is a great system and imo at this point still has a better library than the Switch. By the time 2020 comes around though, the number of worthy games on the Switch will surpass that of the Wii U. The only reason it failed is due to poor marketing and bandwagon hate.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Jun 9, 2019 - Reason: typos
  7. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    At least the gamepad was a better controller than the joycons. The sticks were the correct size, comfortable, the buttons were nice, especially the L/R and ZL/ZR. The joycons are, ugh... literally overpriced garbage with sticks that end up drifting for no reason. But they do their job for portable play... kinda... But yeah, the switch library at least is better.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Jun 9, 2019
    usernamecharlie and TheMrIron2 like this.
  8. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    It was a cinematic

Not gameplay

9. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm no xbox fanboy and gamers tht keep moaning are just miserable people and need to grow up- how one can say most games they saw today are bolox when ther just showing a couple of mins of it is just pathetic

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    cinematic are often better than gameplay, or atleast it was always the case correct me if im wrong tough.

11. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    You're clearly a fanboy, and too immature to realize we live in a huge world and not everybody shares your opinion.

I went in wanting to be impressed and I wasn't. I'm allowed to give my opinion don't like it put me on ignore.

You were one of the few that was impressed with that presentation why don't you go after every one else that was down on it but you just go after me well guess what you're going to get it back.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Jun 9, 2019
  12. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Too much aggressiveness and name calling, another average day on the temps.

D34DL1N3R, KingVamp and DANTENDO like this.
  13. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I don't even hav an Xbox or want one and think most people wil think Yr immature for saying most games were basically bolox

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

:lol:

andyhappypants likes this.
  14. EmulateLife

May 13, 2019
    United States
    Why don't you go back in that thread and get on every single person's case that didn't like the presentation. There were way more than loved it like you did. I got nothing else to say to you.

15. JoeStronger

JoeStronger Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2019
    United States
    No Banjo. Rareware fans left in the cold once again...

16. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Xbox. Always boasting about having the greatest console ever. They sound like Dragon Ball: Never ending search for power.

They don't understand that it's okay, but the core of a game is the quality, the fun, not if it is the best looking game.

17. Godofcheese

Godofcheese GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2016
    Sweden
    Shivering Isles
    I was also thinking about this quote
    ** the new Xbox "combines an SSD with a solid state drive to deliver great performance" **

A load of buzzwords to confuse the customer (us), but is it tho? I think more that the people that did the talking were the confused ones and knew nothing about hardware.

If that quote is going to make any sense then they are prolly going to use a M.2 SSD as a Cache to speed up load times in games, just like an optane drive for an example.
    and then have an ordinary Sata styled SSD for your games.

18. GalacticWarsHalloween

GalacticWarsHalloween Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2015
    United States
    Upon watching the Scarlett reveal trailer, I'd bet that the Scarlett is going to beat the PS5 at one point(even though Sony never showed up on E3).

19. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    Yeah. most of the time

But in this case its hard to say

20. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    I wonder if developers will still make their titles compatible with Xbox one still for a while since both the xbone and this will be x64-based

NULL