Xbox Project Scarlett unveiled, has Halo Infinite as launch title

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 9, 2019.

1. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    good thing i'm not one of those filthy x-boners. sony and nintendo for me however im am grateful we got banjo in smash bros.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    For the longest time I've been called Foxi4Sony on the site for my relentless fanboyism, however after owning both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X I can safely say that they're both very well-made. The build quality far surpasses that of the PS4, PS4 Slim and the PS4 Pro, which came to me as a surprise after the blunder of the original Xbox One which was a tad flimsy. In fact, I would argue that they're both sturdier than most consoles in recent history - the plastic is great, the layout of the boards is sensible and the system's feel very solid. Microsoft certainly knows how to competently put together a console now, so I'm actually quite excited for Scarlett.

3. WiikeyHacker

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    only thing the xbone has that's good is the online servers. the xbone is only for the obese fps players that play nothing but *redacted* Halo and Beers of Boar (aka pointless shooter games that are joint as pointless as that cancer known as call of duty)

Last edited by Foxi4, Jun 15, 2019 - Reason: Perhaps voice your opinion without homophobic epithets next time
  4. Conan-kun

Conan-kun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    United States
    Earth
    Does anyone know if it will allow for upgrades for the built in SSD? I googled it and can't find anything giving a solid answer. I know you can have usb 3 hard drives plugged in, but I would prefer to have the option to upgrade the internal SSD.

5. WiikeyHacker

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    What are you a bunch of those sjw losers age of the internet get over it! besides im not against *redacted* them as long as it dont happen round me then go nuts.

Last edited by Foxi4, Jun 15, 2019 - Reason: You're doing it again.
  6. foob

foob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    The problem isn't gone with a removed antenna. Radio signals are still being transmitted. You guys are hilarious. Peer-reviewed research showing damage to sperm and countless other damage to plants and animals....all ignored.

As stated earlier, people still take up smoking in 2019. Smoking was debated for decades...despite the research.

I enjoyed how you told me what makes my food heat up, even though I made no mention of it at all. It's as if you were wanting to show the world how smart you are. Especially with that 'inverse square law' statement. Oh how intelligent of you. Except the problem isn't 'gone'. Bluetooth needs to be turned off completely and can't be by normal users.

Money talks. Not asking anyone to change (despite what you said). It's fine if you want to be sterile or damaged in other ways. People still smoke. Some live to be 100 with no problem. Just giving my opinion on the sad state of gaming and millions of kids and adults being damaged worldwide without their knowledge or consent.

They are holding microwave transmitters close and sometimes for long hours and their schools are radiating them too. How many microwaves are on 24/7?

Feel free to ignore the evidence just as the masses did (and still do) with smoking, GMOs and countless other poisons.

I'd rather play wired.

Last edited by foob, Jun 17, 2019
  7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Science is not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of empirical data. There are no "countless peer reviewed studies", there are none, zero, zilch, no *credible* evidence at all. If you *really* don't want to hold a Bluetooth controller, buy USB ones - both the PlayStation and the Xbox One give you the option to. The wired controllers have no wireless transmitters, they should satisfy your bizarre requirements. In fact, the PS4 even gives you an option to switch stock version 2 controllers to USB Mode and completely disable all wireless functionality - it's in the settings. To be fair though, seeing that you're also afraid of GMO and "countless other poisons", I don't think it's the "radiation" that's the problem here. The reason why I explained how a microwave works isn't because I "wanted to look smart", it's because the amount of energy transferred is important. 1W of energy has less potential to do damage than a 1000W of energy, for obvious reasons. Having an emission of a certain frequency isn't enough if there is no significant amount of power behind it. It's similar with electricity, actually. There is electrical charge in your body at all times, and it changes over the course of the day. Just wearing a sweater versus not wearing a sweater can charge you up with static electricity. Does that kill you? No, it doesn't. How about a lightning strike, will that kill you? Yeah, that's a bit of a different story, isn't it? Like I said, I wish you well, even if you are demonstrably wrong. Everyone needs to believe in something, I suppose.

FateForWindows likes this.