xbox originals on 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by DarkCrudus, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009

xbox originals on 360 by DarkCrudus at 8:49 AM (796 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    i had a hard time finding this in google, and from what ive read i think its possible but not 100% sure.

can one take a original xbox game that is on the compatibility list for the 360, make a back up of it, and run it on a flashed 360?
    if so what would one need to make such a back up (dvd types, special programs for dumping, etc)

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I always tell people it is probably easier to buy an xbox and mod that as it will save on aggro (and money- those DL discs do not come cheap and are often not far of what a second hand original goes for).

Still it is possible, modern firmwares require a DL disc (much older firmwares could use single layer) and naturally only a single game per disc (the original xbox can put a bunch of games on a single disc) and those games had better be 1:1 copies (no hacks, translations or otherwise).
    Rough guide:
    http://360patches.com/index.php?topic=842.0

When it says about "the ss, dmi and pfi files to be injected" there is a pack, a kit if you will, that is used for all games.

3. The_Hulkster

Member The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Could this get you banned just as easy as with 360 backups?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I would not like to speculate on such a thing but it has not arisen as a possible reason for banning in any discussion I have ever seen on the subject (and I unfortunately for my sanity read a lot of them- so much speculation and nonsense).

Then again not many people play xbox originals from what I have seen and even if they did they are extremely unlikely to play them exclusively (or even as a copied original xbox, official 360 type arrangement).

As far as I can tell it is exactly the same concept as using copies of 360 games and given how much effort the firmware teams put into preventing bannings these days.....