Xbox Original SoftMod Issues

Clarky The Merc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
before i start i used to have a old xbox many moons ago, running XBMC with a X3 installed with biosbank switch etc..i was really into that scene, times have moved on and things have changed and i recently acquired another xbox for free, it shows the error code contact for support screen when booted without a disc in the drive.

now i can boot a game, and then the chances are i can get it running using xbxhdm when i get some code running on there.

all i need to know is will the softmod exploit run from MemCard? since i am unable to access the dash to copy it to the HDD and all guides/tuts i've seen state this as a step..

is there anyone out there who have successfully ran a exploit from MemCard and not had to copy it to HDD?

thanks for any knowledge guys

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to copy it to the HDD first unfortunately.

You don't really have a lot of access to the system until you can dump a new dash on there -- having access to xboxhdm really won't help you. The softmod installs in tandem with the original dash so you can go back and forth, and there are files that are required for it to be on the hard drive so that it keeps working.

It's not like the X3, where you can install it, wipe out the hard drive completely and then do whatever you want with it.

Perhaps we can help you troubleshoot your error code and fix the MS Dash -- you'll need a game (like say, Halo 2) with the dash on the disc so that you can re-install it.

Clarky The Merc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply man, i've just found my old Torx10 and Torx20 drivers just now so i'm gonna open it up and see if its a IDE cable issue because i think its Error9 its displaying which is a IDE issue i believe. i really dont wanna have to acquire a X3 or even worse a EEPROM reader to dump the eeprom with and then rebuild with HDM, i only want this as a XBMC box to stream some stuff from my main machine with so i'll re-post later when i find out what exactly is up with it.

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
xboxhdm will help you though if you have downloaded system files as it installs it all for you through your PC. You can even unlock your drive with programs that are on linux for nothing too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.