Xbox One Matches PS4's 24 Hour Sales

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    [​IMG]
    The Xbox One went on sale worldwide yesterday, and the sales figures are finally in. The Xbox One has matched the PS4's 1 million sales in the same amount of time.​

:arrow: Source

_acid_, Thomas83Lin and chavosaur like this.

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]
    Pack up your fanboyism and leave it at the front door, because no matter what you think of the xbox one "as we have clearly seen on this forum" it has also managed to sell one million consoles in its first 24 hours.

I was also one of the many excited customers to purchase an Xbox One on launch day yesterday. As much as everyone may hate on microsoft and bash them for their initial policies, it goes to show that fans are truly dedicated, that a company can reverse its policies for the benefit of its loyal gamers, and that no matter how big of a fanboy you may be, you can't predict how well a system will really do. ​
    I'd like to say congrats to microsoft as well, i love my Xbone dearly and have been having an absolute blast. Anyone else pick one up?​

GODDAMIT TOM I JUST POSTED THIS ;O;
    Also would like to say I am one of the happy million to have purchased one, and its an absolute blast. Congrats Microsoft.

2 MINUTES 2 LATE ;O;

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Tekoa
    so, Sony and Microsoft got the same amout of fanboys?

Bladexdsl and _acid_ like this.
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I would sooner say "customers", but okay, I suppose making a purchase makes someone a fanboy. :)
    To be fair, your thread has an adorable photo and this one doesn't:

[​IMG]

Aww... :rofl2:

Ammako and chavosaur like this.
  5. TwilightWarrior

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

Nope ps4 is still yet to release in europe while xbox already has, if europe gets almost no sales, then they they have the same amount of fanboys

f0rCe and Jan1tor like this.
  6. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Tekoa
    making a purchase of over $400 on the first 24 hours of release of any console makes someone a faboy, or filthy rich...

Haha, guess you are right

7. Guild McCommunist
    This message by Guild McCommunist has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Trolling -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The Envy is strong in this one. :P

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Well, about half of Europe. The rest is getting it "probably somewhere early 2014, guys, really".

10. ShadowSoldier
    This message by ShadowSoldier has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  11. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
  12. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Erm this is a bit of an embarrassing and desperate attempt at PR spin on microsofts part. It is kind of sad they are even trying to compare the two launches at this stage. The x1 has launched in 13 of its 21 regions so far, including North America, Europe, South America and Australia. The PS4 so far has only launched in the US and Canada, it comes out everywhere else on Friday.

T-hug, Paarish, gamefan5 and 7 others like this.
  13. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Looks like stock of both consoles was wiped so it's a bit unfair to use the extra territories as an excuse by the Sony lot: it's quite likely if all units shipped to the US they'd have still been snapped up... Fair to say then, sales wise, that both launches were a rip roaring success, great news for me/other console junkies! Think we could do with waiting 6 months or so before trying to see who's in the lead though!

Was also good to see both companies congratulating each other on their respective launches: all that finger poking before was a bit childish in all honesty: Apple & Google (and probably Valve) must've been pissing themselves laughing at that point, but competition/friendly(ish) rivalry can only be good news (as can healthy sales across both platforms!) Now all we need is Ninty to get their fukkin arse in gear with the Wii U! ...Hey, miracles can happen!

wrettcaughn likes this.
  14. Chaosruler
    This message by Chaosruler has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Not an imageboard -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  15. Foxi4
    This message by Foxi4 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Replies to trashed post -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  16. ShadowSoldier
    This message by ShadowSoldier has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Replies to trashed post -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  17. Foxi4
    This message by Foxi4 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Replies to trashed post -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  18. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Here's the thing though.
    1 million consoles in 24 hours is still a huge feat regardless of how many countries. Sure, the PS4 numbers will rise when it's released in other regions, but I feel the main point is this.
    The Xbox One sold a lot more then people expectations.
    All the people that bashed it, and continue to bash it, can't deny the fact that either way, gamers still love it. One million people love it (myself included). If anything, Microsoft successfully dispelled any cloud of doubt of having a successful launch. I think that's the big point here.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  19. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Nov 27, 2013, Reason: Replies to trashed post -rp.
    Nov 23, 2013
  20. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    It is still no big problem to find a xbox one in a store here in vienna. (Today I was in different shops searching for Zelda.) So either they shipped a huge amount of consoles to austria or it didn`t sell too well here. So it is not sold out everywhere.
    Personally I don`t really care who sells the most consoles as long as the console ,that I will buy, will sell enough to survive a few years. I don't want to buy something like a saturn or dreamcast.

I expected the xbox one and PS4 will sell the same amount in the USA and in Europe the PS4 will win.

21. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I don't think anybody was surprised considering that Microsoft said themselves that they have a huge number of pre-orders just like the PS4.

22. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Implying the Dreamcast sold poorly when in reality SEGA only withdrew from supporting the Dreamcast due to their financial difficulties and changes in higer tier management, not because of any inheritent problems with the Dreamcast itself. If anything, that system launch was record-breaking at the time, at least outside of Japan.

23. bigjaylildremynameislong

bigjaylildremynameislong Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    That doesn't take into consideration stock allocation.

This is confusing to me. How could people possibly even say this? Let's not forget all PS4 owners have to play is Knack (terrible) and Killzone (mediocre), and then multiplatforms.

24. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    Ok. I didn't remember that. But I remember PS1 against Saturn here in europe correctly.

25. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Heh.

Still, I'd say it's best if we wait before making any sweeping generalizations. A lot of consoles, even those that ultimately underperform, seem to have strong launches. Hell, the Wii U had a seemingly promising beginning - it's only with some distance and hindsight that we can see the bigger picture.

26. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Right, whereas XBone owners have Killer Instinct, the totally amazing Just Dance and multiplatforms.

And Wii U owners have...uhh...a lackluster Mario, a lackluster "HD" GC game, and 360/PS3 ports. AND OMG NINTENDOLAND LOL GOTY 2013

>PS4/XBone release literally within the last week
    >Cry out "no games! no games!"
    OooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooK

f0rCe and chavosaur like this.
  27. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's called humour, I don't actually mean that. :)
    To be fair, the PlayStation massacred both the Nintendo 64 and the Sega Saturn. :P