1. stoney05

stoney05 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I’m on a preview dashboard and I managed to install an EVO 860 1TB using the clean drive method.

I formatted an SSD using the script. Then copied the contents of the “System Update” partition (from the original) to the SSD.

Booted into recovery mode and ran the OSU1. It worked perfectly.

edit: No need to run OSU1

Last edited by stoney05, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Turuu

Turuu Newbie
    Newcomer

Mongolia
    i figured out what the problem was. on One X if it came with an 1TB HDD it cannot be downgraded to an 500GB HDD or SSD. 1TB and 2TB HDD or SSD are installed without a problem. i installed an 1TB SSD and now the optical drive is working normally.

Last edited by Turuu, Dec 14, 2018
  3. tai1976

OP tai1976 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Interesting. Next time I have an Xbox One X in my possession I'll try to confirm this.

4. Turuu

Turuu Newbie
    Newcomer

Mongolia
    if you get a chance to try it. on the 1st boot after installing OSU1 everything will be running as it should. restart or shutdown the console once after that i was getting the mentioned error.

Last edited by Turuu, Dec 18, 2018
  5. Kyle Enkeboll

Kyle Enkeboll Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    What's the easiest way to create a fresh HDD and have it format the drive so it doesn't have the unused space on the end of the drive? I know I've gotten it to work 1/2TB drives (it was a pain and I had to trick the script somehow) but forgot how I did it and can't seem to get it working on a 500GB (779MB unused).

Was REALLY hoping the new script would change the "a" option to: "Replace/Upgrade w/o a working original drive (Standard *and Non)".

6. TiborMakai

TiborMakai Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi everybody, new around here. Trying to upgrade my 500GB version with a 1Tb Seagate hard drive and for some reason, I'm getting stuck at 59%(applying update 3%) and then it starts a reboot loop.
    I'm having the same thing, as CiorapulUchigas(cool name by the way, killer socks) on page #8.
    If I do the same thing, to a 500GB hard drive, the process finishes and it's all good. But unfortunately, not with an 1TB hard drive. This is an almost new hard drive(2 weeks), removed from a laptop, that was upgraded to SSD.
    "So my replacement HDD 1tb seagate mobile gets stuck at 60% when doing the update and reboots into a loop.
    The original hdd is still working but its a 500gb, if between the reboots I plug it, the update continues and the xbox works.
    I`ve switched the sata cables between ODD and HDD(1tb) and the update gets stuck at 57%. I pulled the plug, switched them back and it went back to the reboot loop.
    If between reboots I unplug the ODD sata cable, the update goes back to 58 or 57%."
    I have managed to cheat the box as well, as the other poster, but at the next firmware update, it went into the the same 59% stuck and reboot loop sequence.
    Any help, would be appreciated.

Tibor

7. crawlgsx

crawlgsx Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

That is false. I just did 2 One X's. Both had 1TB drives. I put a 1TB EVO in one and a 512GB 860 Pro in the other. Both worked perfectly fine.

8. TiborMakai

TiborMakai Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just an update. It seems like it must of been that HDD, because I have got another one, and the upgrade worked.
    I can't imagine what could be with that HDD, because that HDD, is almost brand new.(upgraded laptop, after like a week or so, to SSD).

9. Turuu

Turuu Newbie
    Newcomer

Mongolia
    I just tested it with a different 500GB Samsung EVO. It still does the same thing. After shutting down the console and booting up it doesnt recognize the optical optic drive.

10. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Same here.
    Upgraded a 500gb one (the first) with an 1tb sshd to get an elite! Great. But used an old tool. One of the first releases.

Next i downgraded a gow s from 2tb hdd to 1tb ssd with master6 or 7.

And at least a x with 1tb hdd to 2tb ssd with master7.

Everything worked great.

Great work, great tool.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

11. crawlgsx

crawlgsx Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Interesting. I have a 500GB 860 Pro in my wifes OneX with no issues Have rebooted several times and optical drive is still working.

12. Turuu

Turuu Newbie
    Newcomer

Mongolia
    Perhaps there is an compatibility issue with EVO 500GB drives. I tried 2 separate SSD's both install without an error or any indication of it. but after setting up and playing around with i shut it down and booted up again One X just doesnt recognize the ODD. everything else is working fine. after that i installed the stock 1TB drive and a new 2TB barracuda drive both are working fine.

Last edited by Turuu, Jan 8, 2019
  13. OldSchoolTech

OldSchoolTech GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    I was using a 2TB Samsung HDD, but my console was really slow and kept giving me error codes while starting games, so I have formatted the old HDD again and put it back in. I'm missing the startup screen on the Xbox though. I know it happened me last time too, but does anyone remember how you fix it?

14. TiborMakai

TiborMakai Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    You have to add the animation file, to folder A.

15. OldSchoolTech

Ireland
    Ah yeah right, bootanim.dat. I still have it on the 2TB so I'll copy it from that. I'm not even sure why it was so slow as there's nothing wrong with the HDD. Maybe the Xbox is just fussy with certain types of HDD.

16. TiborMakai

TiborMakai Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    You should add the bootanim from the X console, it is much cooler.

17. OldSchoolTech

Ireland
    I definitely will since my console is an X. :P

Yeah, I forgot to mention that lol.

18. SwedishBrickz

SwedishBrickz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Has anyone else confirmed the issue with 500 gb 860 evos? I have one and had it formatted and ready to go, but stopped when I read the reports. I’ll test and report back, but I want to confirm I’m not making life harder if it doesn’t work out. If I try the ssd and do a factory reset and it doesn’t work, will there be any issues putting back in my old drive? My plan was to build the new ssd from scratch rather than copying files, even though my original drive works fine. Can I swap the old one back in and it will be like nothing ever happened?

Thanks

19. dominater01

dominater01 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    updating joypad profiles makes it worse fyi

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@ploggy can you help me try to get outrun to work on mame i cant seem to get passed the keep steering wheel straight and press enter

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

just found out installing retroarch as a game from the device portal wont grant permission unless you switch retroarch from a app to a game on the dashboard

20. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    The mame2000 version of Outrun works fine for me?
    Do you have the start button mapped correctly?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console