1. LordTrevor

LordTrevor Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I am also having the following problem ...

when using "xboxonehdd-master" is not identifying my hd ....

Scanning for connected USB / SATA drives. . . *

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.17134.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.
    On the computer: DESKTOP-7HRH480

Disc No. Status Free Size Din. GPT
    ------------- ------- ------- --- --- ---
    Disk 0 Online 232 GB 1024 KB
    Disk 1 Online 2794 GB 0 B *
    Disk 2 Online 465 GB 465 GB *

* No USB / SATA drives found *

* Script execution complete. *

* This script will now change the command line interface back to the *
    * default language. *

2. Larson62

Larson62 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi,

I use last script for my one x. Originally
    Got my X with an 1 To, I replace it with an 2To SSD Evo Samsung.
    Use choice 2 To original and Guid 2 To
    Works ..

Now, i try 4To SSD samsung, but without success, always black screen.
    Process is like this:
    Wipe new drive
    Choose 2To Autosize non standard 2To
    For format
    Direct copy original to destination

Mount in box .. no works
    I try with original 2To, 1To, change GUID WITH 2To.. no way ..
    Any idea ? Where is the problem, mistake ?

Like my stock X box is one To, can i prepare disk in 2To or must stay in 1 To

Did i need to use flash pen after direct copy 2To ok to 4 To not ok.

Thanks!

3. Gnutszy

Gnutszy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I believe I have a bad hard drive in my Xbox One. I have a spare 1 Tb drive which I ran the script on to partition and the GUIDs looked correct. I successfully undocked the drive from my Win10 machine and inserted into the Xbox. It loaded with E105 error and I did a Factory Reset/Remove Everything. When it restarted i tried to do the OSU update from USB and it immediately errored out.

Odd thing is when I put my original Xbox drive or the newly partitioned drive after loading it in the Xbox back into my Win10 External drive dock, the partitions to not show up and Win10 just shows a GPT Protected Partition.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

4. Zeburnil

Zeburnil Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright so I have a 320gb seagate drive that im replacing my broken 500gb with... Ive went through the script process about 5 times now and it seems to be doing nothing... it doesnt list the GUID's at the end and when I check the drive on disk management it says nothings been done to the drive. So either my computer isnt running the scripts... The scripts itself is not working Either way I am stuck and would like to ask for help with the information given... i will respond with whtever info i have that may help... Thank You

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also it mentions that drive X is missing if that helps

5. Zeburnil

Zeburnil Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I get the same problem although i haven't noticed anything opening my calculator besides that... did you ever get it worked out?

6. dancinsmurf

dancinsmurf Newbie
    Newcomer

Bahamas, The
    Awesome tutorials!
    I am working on a xbox one S. The device is getting stuck at 86%, completed:100% downloading update, 100% verifying update, but hangs at applying update. Bought a new hdd when i first encountered the problem. I disconnected the dvd disk drive to see what would happen, the applying update status would only go to 50 something % then black screen. Reconnect the dvd drive and it goes back up to 86% and hangs. I get no errors, just nothing completes. Has anyone else arrived at this percent (86% Applying update) and got stuck? Was it a hardware problem? Really don't want to buy a whole pile of random hardware just to figure out what 1 possible problem could be. Thanks for any help provided.
    Not sure if this is related, but when i attempt a complete reset the system simply reboots showing a black screen then straight into the update procedure screen.
    If i don't intervene (using the bind eject and power) the device would boot straight to updating screen

Last edited by dancinsmurf, Oct 31, 2018
  7. dancinsmurf

dancinsmurf Newbie
    Newcomer

Bahamas, The
    7CEC5E4C-E263-403B-8076-34A4B67CBB85.jpeg

What happens when reset is attempted

Last edited by dancinsmurf, Oct 31, 2018
  8. ClickClickLoot

Newcomer

Germany
    Edit: I spoke too soon, I don't know what happened, but now neither my replacement hard drive nor my original hard drive works. FUCK!!!

Edit 2: I said "screw it" and just built a completely new HD with the 'a' option of the script. Did that, put it in, told the X1X to reset EVERYTHING, connected the USB-drive with OSU1, did that, prayed to all gods, and it WORKS NOW! Thanks XFiX! Tomorrow I'll copy over the boot animation, but for today I'm done fiddling with hardware.

Just a few things I thought were important:

Windows Shell has to be in Admin and you need to have the English language pack installed (on Windows).

If you get an error saying "Drive X not found", assign the correct drive letters by hand beforehand.

Just screw it trying to copy over anything from the old drive. Use option 'a' and re-download. For me the added stress just wasn't worth it.

Last edited by ClickClickLoot, Nov 4, 2018
  9. mike4001

mike4001 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi, Is there a solution for this?

I am having the same problem.

I have my new 1 TB SSD connected via a SATA-USB interface and my computer recognizes the drive just fine.

But when I start xboxonehdd-master I basically have the same message as shown in the previous post.

Attached Files:

10. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany

Had the same bug today (win10, 64Bit, german). I changed my system language to English (install English / us language pack) and boot the system, relogin. First I tried out other usb to sata adapter, but in the windows diskmanager or diskpart the drive was always recognized

11. icerobm

icerobm Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Every time i run the script it fails. after choosing the partition layout i get missing operand and my calculator pop up. any ideas?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you ever get this solved? Im having the same issue.
    Thanks in advance

12. Orry

Orry Newbie
    Newcomer

South Africa
    Hi guys how you?

i have two qustions

1. Does the drive you replacing need to be a WD?
    2. I keep on getting Drive x is missing

please help this is doing my nut in lol

tried on both windows 7 & 10

13. Orry

Orry Newbie
    Newcomer

South Africa

Hi fixed thanks

14. anwe

anwe Newbie
    Newcomer

Thanks for the time and effort that went into these scripts & tutorials.

I initially had issues with "No USB / SATA drives found" and various other errors that made absolutely no sense. Eventually realized that windows was simply being uncooperative as usual. I made a linux live usb of ubuntu, followed the linux tutorial, and everything worked perfect.

15. KlaxMaster

KlaxMaster Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I did this be just removing the 500 GB hdd, using x2 usb to sata dongles. booting linux on my pc. Directly copying it to a 1TB with linux using command 'dd if=/dev/sdX1 of=/dev/sdX2 status=progress'

once that finished, i unplugged the original. then unmounted the new 1tb (left plugged in) opened gparted, moved the 3 update partitions to the end on the drive, then expanded the storage partition.

put it back in the Xbox, and it worked just fine

16. tai1976

OP tai1976 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for uploading your error log. This helped a lot. Looks like your default language is German.
    I've uploaded and added version 8 of my script (xboxonehdd-master-8.zip) to the first post in this thread.
    It has been tested to work better with a number of languages including German.

To this point multilingual support has been rather shoddy and with this latest release I hope to rectify this.

Last edited by tai1976, Dec 5, 2018
    16v likes this.
  17. CiorapulUcigas

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    So my replacement HDD 1tb seagate mobile gets stuck at 60% when doing the update and reboots into a loop.
    The original hdd is still working but its a 500gb, if between the reboots I plug it, the update continues and the xbox works.

I`ve switched the sata cables between ODD and HDD(1tb) and the update gets stuck at 57%. I pulled the plug, switched them back and it went back to the reboot loop.

If between reboots I unplug the ODD sata cable, the update goes back to 58 or 57%.

18. Orry

Orry Newbie
    Newcomer

South Africa

Hi bud, I had that problem myself

Found out it was my Flash drive

Used a different one and it went thru

19. Turuu

Turuu Newbie
    Newcomer

Mongolia
    i replaced my One X's internal HDD with an Samsung Evo 500gb by following the instructions and its booting up normally. i followed all the instructions and everything seemed to be running smoothly at first i played few digital games normally. after a awhile i tried putting a Blueray movie in but i got an "No disc drive found. this app requires an Xbox with a disc..... (0x91d7000f) error. same goes for the One disc games. then i opened up the console to check if i forgot to plug the SATA and power connector but it was fine. just to be sure i cleaned the contacts with an alcohol and put it back together and the disc drive was working so i thought it solved the problem but this morning i put in an another disc but i got the same error. i manually booted to the troubleshoot mode and installed the OSU1 again thinking the optical drive drivers got corrupted or something but the issue is still there. the drive is spinning and seems to be reading but im getting the error mentioned above. any ideas what could be the problem?

Last edited by Turuu, Dec 18, 2018
  20. hobbitjack

hobbitjack Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Could use a little help :)

I’ve done the clone fine for my Xbox One, to a new 1TB SSD, great guide btw!

However when i put it all back together and tried turning on the Xbox, it powers on for around 5 seconds or so (the light on the power adapter is white and the fan spins), then the xbox turns off and the power brick light goes orange. During this i don’t see anything on the screen.

I’ve tried:

Connecting to a different monitor,
    Different power block,
    Different wall socket,
    Different kettle lead,
    Using the hairdryer thing mentioned over the fan/cpu side.

I’ve even gone as far as disconnecting everything from the motherboard, introducing components 1 by 1.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

If i listen carefully above the fan/cpu i hear an electrical kind of noise/squeal for around 10 seconds or so. Don't know if this is normal or not?

Thanks in advance!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console