Tutorial Xbox One Internal Hard Drive Upgrade or Repair: Build any size drive that works on any console

Avsynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
How can I get this to work if my Xbox WAS on an insider preview and the OSU1 isn't new enough? I've started from the beginning of your tutorial but the offline update section still fails at 1% with E101.

Do I STILL have to simply wait for a newer official build? :( I thought it was the HDD that knew it was on an insider build, and that wiping it would solve the issue, but now I see it must be something else on the Xbox that knows. I've unenrolled the device but that's a moot point if it can't boot to roll back.

Also, it's worth noting that mine says "NOT FOUND DRIVE X: 'SYSTEM UPDATE' when preparing

Last edited by Avsynthe,

i0nzeu5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

What format should the hard drive be that I am going to run the script on?

Each time I run the script I get partitions that are the correct size but are labeled GB RAW. They are not broken into U, V, W, X etc.

Any help is appreciated.

It also says “Missing Drive X: System Update” & have no idea how to correct this

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone with the E105 (or various other error codes related to hdd issues) w/ the capacitor issues notice that putting a SSD in completely negates the problem?. After trying 3 or 4 known good mechanical drives, I decided to throw a SSD in that I had laying around. Sure enough, worked immediately, no pausing of game installs, and hasn't crashed/flaked out in any way.

I suspect that the lower peak instantaneous power draw of a SSD doesn't strain the flakey capacitors on the hdd power line as much. Waiting for caps to show up so I can swap then. Just thought I'd share my finding (not sure if anyone else mentioned this ssd thing).

Last edited by Jarmenti,

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

What format should the hard drive be that I am going to run the script on?

Each time I run the script I get partitions that are the correct size but are labeled GB RAW. They are not broken into U, V, W, X etc.

Any help is appreciated.

It also says “Missing Drive X: System Update” & have no idea how to correct this
Formatting doesn't matter, as the tool will do its own thing as far as partitioning the drive . I had a drive say "missing "system update partition" as well, and it was also the drive out of the system that would immediately error and not boot. I think the update partition corrupts itself (either due to drive failure, or failure in the power delivery to the drive) . When the drive is like this you won't be able to load a s ystem update to the console via usb etc as there is no partition for the update to load to.

For this drive I just took it out of the system, ran this utility on it, and picked the "prepare drive with no original drive" option, let it do its thing, then just installed the system update via a usb stick. Worked fine afterward.

muchosandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get this to work if my Xbox WAS on an insider preview and the OSU1 isn't new enough? I've started from the beginning of your tutorial but the offline update section still fails at 1% with E101.

Do I STILL have to simply wait for a newer official build? :( I thought it was the HDD that knew it was on an insider build, and that wiping it would solve the issue, but now I see it must be something else on the Xbox that knows. I've unenrolled the device but that's a moot point if it can't boot to roll back.

Also, it's worth noting that mine says "NOT FOUND DRIVE X: 'SYSTEM UPDATE' when preparing

I am having the same issue. I removed my X1X from Insider but the hard drive died before the non-preview dash could update so I'm starting fresh with a new hard drive. I think someone needs to upload their Insider SystemUpdate partition contents for us to be able to boot in and get the internal NAND flashed back to non-insider builds before OSU1 starts working.

k28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think microsoft changed something and the script needs to be updated. disclaimer i changed the hdd of one consoles alot of times. i have 5 broken orig hdds here to back that up.

i cant replace the hdd on this one x. ran the script as usual. copied osu1 on a ntfs formated usb drive and i always get the error100 3% into the installation(after verification).

the original hdd is broken. you can still use it to boot into the dashboard but after a few installed apps it wont boot anymore properly. then i can use the created usb stick to update the one x and it boots to the dashboard again. so the usb stick and files are fine. i also tried used and brand new hdds. using the option that you got a working drive in the script doesnt work either. i guess because the hdd is broken.

any ideas?

edit:

isnt wortking:
Toshiba MQ04ABF100
Seagate Barracuda ST1000LM035 SMR

is working:
Toshiba,208119,HDWL110UZSVA
Seagate Barracuda ST1000LMZ48
Toshiba MQ01ABD050

[email protected]

www.psxfix.com for the info and of course for the creator of this tool. the tool needs an update.

Last edited by k28,

HitchingRepo

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey, I'm trying to fix a handed down Xbone original but I'm stuck with a 250gb drive. According to the readme there should be an option (d), (g) and (f) when choosing disk size but I'm only showed option (a), (b) and (c) which corresponds to 500gb, 1tb and 2tb. Am I missing something or why can't I choose option (d) for custom sizes?
Thankfull for advice.

misterdrprof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I just swapped my HDD for an SSD, and I've been getting error code 101 00000503 80070003 when trying to OSU. I believe it has something to do with being in the Insider program and the current OS being newer than the OSU? How do I fix this?

misterdrprof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I just swapped my HDD for an SSD, and I've been getting error code 101 00000503 80070003 when trying to OSU. I believe it has something to do with being in the Insider program and the current OS being newer than the OSU? How do I fix this?

Suijkerbuijk

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke here are some tips .
I have upgrade the Xbox one.
And the script you can trow away .
IT Will not work .
The osu1 update Will format the disk again and reset the HD
So this is the way i do it .
Stick the SSD in clean do nothing no script Just stick IT in.
Than start Xbox one and USB stick with osu1.
And the program set IT correct .
Warning .
Always use.
512Gb disk and 1Tb disk 2Tb disk with chips that use qlc OR TLC
Those SSD have the GB like a old harddisk and IT Will work with Microsoft own install program.

Hoe do i know that ?
I use a Kingston 960Gb and what i do the script set IT correct and after update the osu1 its format like a 512Gb .
Even cloning will not work.
I try a lot even broke the original harddisk to try to copy clone the systeem .
If you use the script with adjustment for the 480/960Gb SSD .
You Will have the code 101 00000503 80070003

So no
480/500Gb , 970Gb SSD do not work.
You can set the 960Gb SSD but IT Will be format to 512Gb

Suijkerbuijk

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke here are some tips .
I have upgrade the Xbox one.
And the script you can trow away .
IT Will not work .
The osu1 update Will format the disk again and reset the HD
So this is the way i do it .
Stick the SSD in clean do nothing no script Just stick IT in.
Than start Xbox one and USB stick with osu1.
And the program set IT correct .
Warning .
Always use.
512Gb disk and 1Tb disk 2Tb disk with chips that use qlc OR TLC
Those SSD have the GB like a old harddisk and IT Will work with Microsoft own install program.

Hoe do i know that ?
I use a Kingston 960Gb and what i do the script set IT correct and after update the osu1 its format like a 512Gb .
Even cloning will not work.
I try a lot even broke the original harddisk to try to copy clone the systeem .
If you use the script with adjustment for the 480/960Gb SSD .
You Will have the code 101 00000503 80070003

So no
480/500Gb , 970Gb SSD do not work.
You can set the 960Gb SSD but IT Will be format to 512Gb

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is why you use the script!

It is mentioned! 512/1tb or other sizes like 460/960...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

moneyberg247

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine always stays on Formatting and labeling partition 1 "temp content" It then freezes disk manager with the only way to get it working is turn system off.

I have checked the drive its fine and is the same model seagate which the system originally had in it. Format-Volume -FileSystem NTFS -NewFileSystemLabel "$($TEMP_CONTENT_LABEL)" | Tee-Object -FilePath $XBO_LOG -Append | O 0/1 completed [ ] Formatting volume Running [ ]
This is what appears at the top in a blue box as well

I have tried 4 times same problem even tried a different usb adapter plus other ports.

krizsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi!

I tried to swap my HDD for another wich was the same model on my Xbox One X. I downloaded the latest OSU1 and launched a offline update with nhe new HDD in my console. When it restat at the 3rd step I always get a E100 error (E100 0000706 8007002). When I put back the original HDD then it can complete the update and everythin is working fine.
I wanted to change the HDD becaause when I'm playing any games I get an error message that the progress con not be saved and I need to uninstall and then install the game again. If I ignore it then afet a couple of minutes my console frezzes and its very difficult at restart it. Has someone a solution for this problem?

Thanks for any help!

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

I tried to swap my HDD for another wich was the same model on my Xbox One X. I downloaded the latest OSU1 and launched a offline update with nhe new HDD in my console. When it restat at the 3rd step I always get a E100 error (E100 0000706 8007002). When I put back the original HDD then it can complete the update and everythin is working fine.
I wanted to change the HDD becaause when I'm playing any games I get an error message that the progress con not be saved and I need to uninstall and then install the game again. If I ignore it then afet a couple of minutes my console frezzes and its very difficult at restart it. Has someone a solution for this problem?

Thanks for any help!
It's been a long time since I did this but I remember running into an issue with it and what I did was first back up the xbox partitions to my pc from the original drive, ran the script, and then copied the files from my back up back into their correct locations on the newly built drive. I don't know if this applies or will work for you but something to possibly consider if you have the free space on your pc for the backup.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's pretty impressive.