1. Aali1011

Aali1011 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hoping someone can help with this EXTREMELY confusing issue I am having. Posted on the Reddit Insiders Page but that may have been the wrong page to post idk.

Console is a Original Xbox One

I have tried both offline update and offline factory reset and i can't get the console to do anything.

I have tried the OSU1 update on a both my original 500gb HDD and my 2TB Seagate. Both will read the update start and then fail at 72% overall completion(33 % Installation). I have formatted both drives using the proper script and following the youtube video from the script creator. When trying to boot the console without any sort of USB in place and just the freshly formatted HDD, I am greeted with the installing update screen of where the console got stuck trying to update.

If I try a offline factory reset I get nothing. Going from either option of the troubleshoot menu(Save Data or Delete Data) turns the console off and brings it back to the failed update screen(Console showing it is stuck at 72%). I did try launching the Factory Reset from the Offline Update Menu option and I am greeted with E101 00000504 8B050041.

I need to reset the console some how into not thinking it is doing an update. Or potentially wait longer for another update? I am unsure of this but will continue to try and solve the issue because this is a console I barely put any gaming time on and am unhappy that it is giving such issues.

Wanted to eliminate that the HDD Connector was bad. Took that out of the equation and powered the HDD from a External HDD Reader and a separate SATA cable. Same results freezes during update and then E102 00000C08 8007045D. Funny thing about the Error screen though is that it doesn't give any options on it but just blank. I was under the assumption there is a restart or power off option. If the console stays on long enough they show up without any text but are unselectable.

Really want to know if this thing is bricked or if there is some other thing i am not doing that could lead to a solution.

2. DavidH2065

DavidH2065 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So I performed the procedure as you illustrated, 1TB hard drive replacement drive for xbox one original, and the script matched the codes that were correct and partitioned successfully. The problem I'm having is my controller won't sync to the xbox and when I try to connect the micro usb, it still doesn't react with the xbox with new hard drive. The screens illustrate that it has the E106 error and I was able to hard reset the xbox with the OSU1 update drive in place. It ran successfully but still does not communicate with the controller via bluetooth connection or hard wired connection. Could this be that the partition missed the controller download or could my sync rf receiver (or something else) could be bad?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I successfully partitioned the new replacement hard drive, 1TB SSHD for replacement xbox one drive. I installed the drive and ran the xbox but can't get the controller to sync. I've tried connecting via micro usb with no success as well. Is it possible that the partition was setup correctly but missed the controller program (I dunno I'm a beginner) or is the rf sync receiver or some other component at fault? I managed to run the OSU1 update by performing a hard reset with the OSU1 thumb drive installed and it ran successfully. It goes to the screen where it shows the controller telling you to push the center button but still, no connection on the controller via bluetooth or hard wired.

3. IceyyColdSnipez
    This message by IceyyColdSnipez has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jan 16, 2021.
    Jan 16, 2021
  4. dampi0

dampi0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria

You need to unsubscribe from the xbox insider program. You will need to use the xbox windows app for that. Wait one day and try applying the OSU then, after a full reset, wiping everything.

Last edited by dampi0, Jan 16, 2021
  5. Aali1011

Aali1011 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have downloaded both versions of the app and the console isn't listed under my account as being apart of the insiders program. My consoles current OS version is as follows. 19041.4788.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2011.201111-0000. Looking at the Insiders page and that version doesn't even exist.
    news[.]xbox[.]c0m/en-us/insider/page/4/. Even if the console was apart of the insiders programs the OSU1 file is now newer than what the console is on and it should be able to take it.

Edit* Going to have to mess around with the link i posted if you want to see it. It is fairly obvious what i modified.

6. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i think allot of people get problems with the internal hdd or ssd overtime because they dont shut down the game first than the xbox ,they just turn off the xbox .the xbox hdd or ssd does not like than i had friends who had this problem even me with a brand new xbox one x had error message and i knew it wat because i turn off the xbox with out stopping the game first

7. RonnyMih

RonnyMih Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Bom Dia.
    Estou tentando adicionar um SSD de 960 gb kingston a um Xbox One S por vários dias, mas sem sucesso.
    Já fiz várias tentativas seguindo várias dicas e tutoriais, mas quando ligo o SSD ao console ele instala a atualização offline do USB e o Xbox mostra apenas 365Gb. Algum mendro poderia me ajudar com a instalação e configuração do SSD no meu console?

Erikone360 likes this.
  8. xeniachile

xeniachile Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    with this can I repair an external hdd?

9. Moon123

Moon123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hi! I would like to know how you solved the Missing X drive: system update issue.

10. Moon123

Moon123 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Oops accidental double post

Last edited by Moon123, Feb 15, 2021
  11. dozensnake

dozensnake Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    how will it find out that you are no longer in insider program if you doing offline update

got the same issue but it stuck on 7% when i try to reset and on 1% when i try to usb-update
    wiped the harddrive, checked it for errors and bad-s, its all good but i cant start xbox no matter what i do

12. m4yur1

m4yur1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello there!
    I recieve a xbox one s with the HDD broken, in the replace i have the 101 and 106 error...
    I try 3 hdd diferent and dont have the original files.
    In the menu i see the os is 19041.6681but in the download page the latest is 19041.6287... that box came from future?
    ps: i replace this :shit: everytime...

13. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Because ms have retardis, wait +/- few/4weeks before mscrap update the osu1. e101 means the os version on ur xbos console is newer than the mscrap os vers on offline osu1. backwardis.

14. ch3mn3y

ch3mn3y Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hi.
    I'm asking just to be sure. I have original Xbox one and am insider.
    However all I want to do is to replace hdd with SSD. Both are 1tb.
    If I use g, d, b, c, f do I still need to use osu1? Or maybe it will start with new drive like it wasn't even swapped?

15. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    you are fked as insider, you can't use the common osu1, you need special insiders recovery files whatever or need opt out insiderprogram and deleting/cleaning procedure to get rid insiders wares before you can use the consumers osu1. Read above posts etc.
    For Q/details etc. goto reddit xboxinsiders whatever you are fked by ms again!
    googlesays: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/bdxj2g/xbox_one_insiders_dead_hdd_help/?sort=new
    ps maybe just clone/raw copy the hdd to ssd, who knows google and diy is your friends.

Last edited by xb000x, Mar 9, 2021
  16. sobralense

sobralense Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi, would like to thank you for the tool. Worked fine!
    About 2 years ago my xbox started to render slower models on overwatch, had an usb3 external hdd so I decided to use it as long as the xbox boots, so it worked for those years, but last few months I had to unplug the power, power again few times to force to boot. Sometimes could hear the internal hdd initializing and working, sometimes it just worked on third or fourth time doing: power, no boot, hold power for 10 sec, unplung, power again.. Later left off some months off for work reasons.
    Recently I changed my old thinkpad to a ssd and the old hdd it's a WD Black 500GB, the smartd showed some few "Old age", but with few more years ahead and finally had some spare to change the xbox internal.
    Used the Linux version, the script worked as intended on my distro (Arch btw). I had updated the on February, was afraid OSU1 could still be behind, but after downloaded the 5.3~5.5 GB file, could see was already with the "March 2021" update with the date of zipped file. Followed the youtube video and worked great for me. Thanks a lot.
    Oh, the smartd status from old drive had already 4,429 errors, 220+ days of use about 1 error each day showed on status and few "Pre Fail" + "FAILING NOW".

17. Erikone360

Erikone360 Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I have the same problem, has someone already solved it? I have a xbox one x...

18. AugustinM

AugustinM Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been able to reformat a new hard drive since the original one seems to have issues and have gotten the console to run, but that's about it. After playing games, the system starts giving small pop-ups of 0x8007045d and what not, having me redo the whole process and starting from scratch again. Does anyone know why this happens?

19. Stormnator

Stormnator Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello, I am on the update loop AGAIN 1 month after having to deal with it while upgrading to a 1TB HDD. E100. I got it to work again by copying the update from the system.update partition of the Original HDD and piting it on a USB Stick like a normal OSU1. Now I got this E100 error again, probably after the XBOX tried to update on its own.

Now the real question: Am I in INSIDER MODE?? My current firmware suggests otherwise. Its: 19041.6737.amd64fre.xb_flt_2103vb.210304-1945.

Isn't this the newest CONSUMER version?
    Is this also the newest OSU version?
    Is the OSU1 always updated instantly when an new update drops?

I know some partitions are faulty bcuz the XBHDD Manager couldn't access them so there probably lies my problem but it still makes no sense.

20. Morricorne

Morricorne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I can buy used, complete xbox one s. With not working HDD 500gb. Console not start. I have two 250 GB old laptops HDD. But for now im lack of money.
    Can i use one of my old working 250gb HDD Or i need brand New 500 GB HDD ?
    Anyone can help me?

Last edited by Morricorne, Mar 24, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console