1. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Final Hardware FIX update:

E102 E105 E10x E20x Fix ms wrecking short story:

1) Main wrecking culprit is Overheating the Southbridge processor by using a Fake white (fabric-mesh) Thermal pad causing hence Data Corruptions.

pic: https://www.boydcorp.com/images/blo...x South Bridge Thermal Interface Material.png
    =Replace the white fake pad with any Real blue/grey Thermal Pad 2mm thick. Now the SB processor will be cooled properly.

SB processor is located in the bottom side of the motherboard under the powersupply-module position.

2) Leaking Air-inlet powersupply-module top-enclosure causing overall area Overheating, the Square Foam air leaking port must be closed.

pic: https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/bgGcQCoRKNPsuOsh.medium
    =Cover this Square Foam with isolating (Duck)tape/copper/metal/foil/hardcover-tape, whatever to 100% Air-sealed this wrecking.

Depends on the damages done the 4 capacitors must be replaced.

These hardware fix will stop returning datacorruptions caused by the overheated SB i/o processor.
    ---
    100% DIY FIX update:

E102,E105 E10x E20x etc. are intended designed hardware failures in long run due datacorruptions on hdd/ssd/FW nand, mostly after warranty by overheating specific components inside the Xbox1X, gradually renders it unusable.

It start with symptoms: stuttering splash boot screen, clear/saved games errors, installation stopped, cant start game/app, console shutdown due ventilation while the fan blows max but console is not even hot, E102,E105 etc. hdd errors.

After an online System update the problems starts shortly, while before it was working normally. Then with offline OSU1 update will stops/hangs with error loops: E106,E102,E105 etc.

In the beginning you can still fixed it with simple RESETS and hdd reformats/replacements/OSU1 but in the end errors will returns quickly in a loop, because the main causes are not hardware fixed.
    ---
    I had found the time released hardware to fail design evidences and a full DIY hardware fix/repair.
    Since MS doesn't respond to my allegations, I'm prepared to make it public.
    ---
    REF:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/hsvtfq/error_e102e105_fixed_replacing_faulty_capacitors/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/dl8cta/for_everyone_with_an_e105e102_issue/

Last edited by xb000x, Nov 30, 2020
    kazya88 likes this.
  2. m4a2t0t

m4a2t0t Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I wanted to chime in and possibly help people with the E100 error after upgrading the HDD

The Seagate Hard drives of Fing pieces of crap

Even after swapping the drive with a known working unit it as still giving me E100. It would go through the download and verify and as soon as it got to stage 3 it would just reboot and give E100. I decided to just try another brand HDD (WD) and it worked without any issues.

The drive I was using passed all hard drive tests, was fully accessible on a windows system and could transfer files to the drive without any issues.

E100 is EITHER the BD Drive OR a failing Hard Drive.

Last edited by m4a2t0t, Dec 1, 2020
  3. m4a2t0t

m4a2t0t Member
    Newcomer

United States
    woops - WTB delete function

Last edited by m4a2t0t, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Krio

Krio Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Question, I bought a 2TB samsung 860 evo, in the tool it shows 1863 GB, but when formatting for a 2TB drive it tells me 1662GB for the standard size. That's 201 gigs I miss out on. Is there a way for me to make it tusable?

5. zuli

zuli Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Idk how, but this guy is right. I had HDD failure and after replacing Seagate to WD Blue it was fine just for a week. Now it goes the same pattern: corrupted saved games, e105 following e102, then it's all messed up into constant resets...until it stucks on e105 and you have to replace HDD...again. Though HDD itself is pretty fine.Just sell this piece of nonsense.

DIY option with capacitors and foam seems too hard, I've already learned to unscrew all these 99999 bolts to get HDD out

Last edited by zuli, Dec 12, 2020
  6. MajorSpoiler

MajorSpoiler Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi,

A client brought an out of warranty XBOX ONE X with a failing HDD, in store I only got 480GB SSD, and the script (option A) only lets me choose 500GB, 1TB or 2TB. The HDD randomly works so I could attempt to clone it.

Option B fails at 'X: System Update', might need to assign the letter manually and try again.

I could also order a 500GB, 1TB disk if the client is okay, but I would like to make it work with the 480GB SSD.

This has to be internal, since the randomly fails to boot, although I think right now is completely dead.

Dunno if I'm missing something to get it ready without a working HDD, but when the HDD worked trying to clone it using aomei partition, or the script with non standard sizes gave errors.

Last edited by MajorSpoiler, Dec 14, 2020
  7. BeersTeddy

BeersTeddy Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Thanks for script and all
    Just finished changing HDD on One X to 2TB.
    Went for option adding brand new drive, without copying anything as I was suspected some hdd file system errors as my dashboard was a bit glitchy.
    Done everything as in tutorials in here - formatted drive and copied only OSU1 to A/B folders. The other partition left empty.

Accidentally copied all of the files from OSU1 apart from additional languages System Update partition.

Strangely, once I've turned Xbox for a first time it got stuck on "X" logo for a few minutes but then it just turned on as usual.
    Straight in to dashboard, no system errors, no need to use USB with OSU1.
    Just like that

Straight away I fought that I've installed wrong drive :D but no. It was SSD

Done factory reset, just in case.
    Works like a charm.

Thanks everyone

Full list of files I've copied to both A/B

bootanim.dat
    en-gb.xvd
    host.xvd
    ScarlettHost.xvd
    SettingsTemplate.xvd
    system.xvd
    systemaux.xvd
    systemauxf.xvd
    systemmisc.xvd
    systemtools.xvd
    uERA.xvd
    updater.xvd

A little update.
    Everything works fine but.... HDMI-CEC functions don't at all.
    Xbox no longer can wake up amplifier, neither TV. Hopefully future update will solve the problem

Last edited by BeersTeddy, Dec 17, 2020
  8. Shabeerjza

Shabeerjza Newbie
    Newcomer

South Africa
    Please help. During covid lockdown and no access to a pc shop, I used a 500gb laptop drive. Worked fine following your tutorial. Issue happened again this week, e106, then E102. Bought new wd 1tb drive and followed the process perfectly. But aaargh, still getting e106 error. Offline update goes to 5% and "something went wrong, e106"

9. seniorcelica

seniorcelica GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ^^^^ me also :(

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

^^^ me also :(

10. poolke

poolke Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Marc - unfortunately I'm getting an E101 error now after following the steps for a new SSD install on my Xbox One X. Now when I boot the Xbox it automatically goes to preparing console update and then reboots starting over..it seems to be in a boot loop. Any suggestions? thanks - KP

11. poolke

poolke Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Marc - unfortunately I'm getting an E101 error now after following the steps for a new SSD install on my Xbox One X. Now when I boot the Xbox it automatically goes to preparing console update and then reboots starting over..it seems to be in a boot loop. Any suggestions? thanks - KP

12. kazya88

kazya88 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello dude, just wanted to thank you about the effort you put in trying to help people with those errors. Im one of them and im still struggling to try to fix my 1x. Ive already changed the hdd, did all the tests on it with chkdsk, swapped the 4 big caps and the smaller 2 rear. After that, i got the x1x working perfectly with the november 05/11 offline procedure, but as soon it got a new os update it has been bricked again (it freezes frequently even on the os menu or gives Exxx errors at the startup). So i'm trying to change the pads on ram/vram and the sb and let you know if it worked.

xb000x likes this.
  13. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Y
    Classic, at last found the main root cause is the fake pad on the SB processor with failed cooling. When updating OS the SB is working extra harder=overheating faster causing R/W data errors/corrections when accessing data between usb, hdd and OS nand.
    If after SB pad fix and still any of the errors returns again, then need replace the hdd cable because that could be damaged/burned contacts? due overstressed (error) data accesses by the SB. see feedback from ppl that needed: https://www.reddit.com/r/consolerep...05_xbox_one_x_diy_fix_vs_ms_milking/?sort=new.
    My xb1x didn't need cable fix and still working perfectly without any errors and even after 3 online OS updates.

Last edited by xb000x, Jan 1, 2021
    kazya88 likes this.
  14. wolverine92

wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

Hi, I am having the same problem. Unfortunately I don't have another hard drive to test with, but i have tried this hard drive after formatting in 2 separate XBONE S which both worked before. Now I'm getting the E100 error on both consoles. I will get another hard drive and see if that fixes the problem.

UPDATE:
    Thank you so much M4A2T0T! this was the problem Tai1976 should update his page because this E100 error is clearly not just for bad blueray drives. THANK YOU!

Last edited by wolverine92, Jan 4, 2021
  15. kazya88

kazya88 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Changed the thermal pads, now the consolle seems to work fine but I've not tried it a lot.

I thought that the cable has some issues because of a warning message during the hdd test with Hard disk sentinel.

I would change it but I can't find one compatible, do you have suggestions?

16. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Its very simple to check if the SB pad is working properly, play 4 hrs gfx heavy gaming like gears5, call of duty that will heat up the console.
    Then install games on int. hdd, if "installation stopped" then the hdd cable could be defective.
    If your console is working normally now, then there's no problem with the cable (you can check/clean the contacts of the cable) so why need replacement?.
    If need option then watch that video in that thread, either get used ones from xbox ones s/x or cut the original and use short pc SATA cable etc. like what was done in the video.

17. kazya88

kazya88 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    No problems encountered since the new thermal pads installation, I played rdr2 for some times.
    Thanks again dude, your solution is the only one that has worked after months of research over the internet and you should get credits for it.

I already have a sata cable but I'm not sure about which power cable should i get, because I can't find anything similar with the pwr 4 pin socket on the mb. I guess it is a standard 4 pin floppy pwr socket, isn't it?

18. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yup, took me 2yrs. someone should sue ms.
    DIY, google SATA to 4pin power cable, replace/solder the 4pin connector to a xbox 4pin type connector, google/ebay/ali is your friend.

Last edited by xb000x, Jan 6, 2021
  19. dampi0

dampi0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    Thanks OP for the script. I had a couple of problems initially, but it worked and everything was fine after reading thoroughly the documentation and some of the previous posts.

Edit: For everyone using 960gb drives, format them with the standard 1tb script option. But note that if you use osu or reset your console the drive will be treated as 512gb one.

BTW, does anyone know if the non standard 1tb drives get treated as 512gb after update?

Last edited by dampi0, Jan 12, 2021
  20. Novaresio21

Novaresio21 Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Hello
    I have the same problem with my 960 Gb Kingston A400 SSD, the console take it as a 500 gb
    I need your Help, please to fix this.

21. dampi0

dampi0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    Make a clean install from OSU. After the installation is done, detach the drive and copy the new files to your PC. Make sure to write down the folder names and letters and which content goes where. Add the xbox dat animation file, as shown in the end of the video tutorial from page 1.

Then, format the new xbox hd, use the script with the first option and choose standard 1tb hd. Now copy the contents from your pc to the newly done hd and attach it back to the xbox.

If you have your old drive you can use the second + third script options.

Note that if you reset your console, you will have to redo the process, otherwise your console will show a 512 gb hd

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console