1. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    yes, exactly. The Xbox One will use the factory defaults for that system SKU while formatting so you need to match the drive size wise exactly. As in 1TB for 1TB, not a 960GB for a 1TB, whereas using the script makes sure you can do what you want including odd or close sizes as well.

I personally use the script no matter what drive as it is not a pain to use at all and it can migrate your old drive data over as well alongside making sure the it has the correct boot animation. The boot animation will be missing using USB method until a the next software update which will restore it.

the script also does everything as close to 1:1 partitions, etc so I don’t need to worry about upgrading a drive for a client and them messing something up if they system format the console at any time. I know that I can format the system whenever I want with whatever drive I have inside properly if I used the script.

Last edited by driverdis, Nov 7, 2020
    scroeffie1984 likes this.
  2. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    i to want to know its not clear ,i have seen youtuber claiming they upgraded the ssd with out script and some say no you need to use the script ,its confusing
    i want to upgrade from stock 1tb hdd to 2tb ssd xbox one x

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    i watched that guy as well, it only works in his case since the sizes match. I think that regardless of the drive size the best thing to do is use the script to eliminate any doubt that it worked 100%.

4. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Is it possible to replace the 1tb hdd from my xbox one X to a 500gb hdd? or must the hdd be the same size or bigger?
    Reason I ask is because I only have a 500gb hdd on hand and I want to make sure the hdd is the issue before getting a 1tb.

5. umrotzer

umrotzer Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    U always have to use the script. U need to prepare the hdd file system with the script and then install the latest ms dashboard from USB. If u wanna up or downgrade the hdd from 1tb to 2 tb or lower u have to wait for some, who can help u with that. Or watch YouTube.

6. Addest

Addest Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Did everything correctly, E101. Not part of the insider program.

7. Addest

Addest Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Did everything correctly, E101. Not part of the insider program.

8. c3s
    This message by c3s has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Nov 13, 2020, Reason: Single word spam.
    Nov 13, 2020
  9. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
  10. WRXSTIL1KE

WRXSTIL1KE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Will you be keep updating this script in the future for possible SSD upgrades on the Xbox Series S/X?

11. WRXSTIL1KE

WRXSTIL1KE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Will you be keep updating this script in the future for possible SSD upgrades on the Xbox Series S/X?

12. WRXSTIL1KE

WRXSTIL1KE Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

13. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    No.
    Just NO.

Got a xbox one yesterday, the Fat One, stuck on green xbox loading screen.
    It was clear to me, hdd is faulty.
    After a few boot ups, it started, but navigating was veeeeery sloooooow. It took minutes.

Removed hdd, checked it with cdi and hdtune and it has some broken sectors.

Not clear: it was 1 tb hdd. No sshd.
    Was there a xbox fat with 1tb?

Plugged in a 500gb yet, trying to boot.
    Errorscreen.
    Now i install offline update, and NO, it doesnt work.
    It stuck since 30 minutes at 59% while applying update.
    Didnt format this hdd... also this can be a problem?
    Xbox is open, wifi/bt dongle is missing.
    Is this the problem?

2. The "wifi" cable is broken.
    Cable is off from plug - on the frontside.
    Cable can be applied to the wifi card.
    Does it work with controllers? Or do i need a new cable?

Thx 20201118_085936.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by 16v, Nov 18, 2020
  14. allec

allec Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    upload_2020-11-20_14-2-15.png

So im having issues this is the error i have been getting....? ive tried with the orig xbox drive and without but everyt time it turns the files into RAW or it wont Copy then turns them into RAW.

upload_2020-11-20_14-4-34.png

i then formatted each individually to ntfs and labled them as they are on the orig. but still got a copy error? so at this point its formatted the right way but the data wont move over. PLEASE HELP :hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit::hateit:

15. grcd

grcd GBAtemp Regular

Okay, took the plunge and decided to do this thing. I had a spare Samsung 860 QVO 2TB SSD, so I decided to use the script using option (b) Replace/Upgrade keeping original drive data (standard and non) and then choosing option for non-standard data up to 1947GB (because this SSD seems to have more available space, and I wanted to use it all).

The tool is now working its way, and hopefully it will all go smooth and work fine. Can I ask a couple of questions?

1. Is this procedure reversible if I just reinsert the previous 1TB HDD? Or will the XBOX One X throw a tantrum?

2. What happens if things go wrong and XBOX One X does not boot? Is the non-standard / custom size able to be reset normally without any E errors? The drive I am using is a 2TB drive but I used the non-standard size option to maximize the available user content partition space.

3. I notice that the script tool generated partitions with slightly different names (e.g. DSystem Update instead of System Update). Should I rename these partitions to the 'proper' names, or is that not necessary?

Many thanks again for this awesome tool!

UPDATE: Sadly.... Disaster! Got first an Error 105, then an Error 106, then an Error 102. XBOX Cannot reset on its own, partially or fully. I will now try with external update file. Will returning the old hard drive fix everything back to normal?

UPDATE 2: Okay, I tried the process again and this time the only thing I did differently was to choose the standard 2TB size rather than attempt to use the custom. I ended up losing approx 100GB from my SSD (~170 GB if we count all the empty space being unused in the other partitions used by XBOX One X) but at least this time I can verify that this tool worked for me. HOWEVER, I still got a 102 error and had to completely rebuild/update offline to get it to work. Interestingly, this time the process worked fine, whereas before it would send me back to a black screen. I ended up losing all my data, but its no biggie I can download it again. XBOX One X now reports approx 1.7 GB of usable space, which is fantastic and I am happy with the super-fast Samsung 860 QVO SSD inside!

However, while putting the XBOX One X back the second time, I managed to somehow cut the USB 3 / Sync button ribbon cable from the front - the one that is badly placed to the sides. I am not sure how I managed to do it, as I was quite careful, but it just ended up in my hands torn from the rest of the daughterboard. At least it does not really affect use - I probably can still sync controllers by connecting them to the back USB ports, and I can also use offline update from the back USB ports. I may decide to replace this at some point, but oh well! You win some, you lose some!

Last edited by grcd, Nov 22, 2020
  16. BoiDjakoCV

BoiDjakoCV Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    how can fix this error lads system error e200 00000074 00000000

17. BoiDjakoCV

BoiDjakoCV Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom

18. chikko

chikko Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    this is what i was looking for. I have a bad hdd and need to replace it with a new one got the new one installed, now the Retimer ic is bad and show no display, wil replace the chip and use OUS1 & USB to het it going again.

Thanks for this msg,

19. zuli

zuli Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Hey guys xbox one x owner here. I've tried the script and all that disk formatting stuff through Ubuntu, the GUID had correct numbers and I have thrown all OSU1 files (dated as Nov. 3rd) into correct folders.

Yet and still I've got E100 0000070D 80070002 error and E101 while trying to update. What it could be? I've tested my WD Blue Mobile WD10SPZX (2.5", 1Tb, SATA III, 5400rpm, 128Mb, 7.0mm) and shows fine SMART data, no bad blocks.

Funny thing, I had a long story with repair service and they assured me that console worked fine with 500GB WD Blue.

P.S: In case you think it's ODD issue, it takes and spins disk with a game so no way the cable isn't connected properly or something.

Last edited by zuli, Nov 27, 2020
  20. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Final Hardware FIX update:

E102 E105 E10x E20x Fix ms wrecking short story:

1) Main wrecking culprit is Overheating the Southbridge processor by using a Fake white (fabric-mesh) Thermal pad causing hence Data Corruptions.

pic: https://www.boydcorp.com/images/blo...x South Bridge Thermal Interface Material.png
    =Replace the white fake pad with any Real blue/grey Thermal Pad 2mm thick. Now the SB processor will be cooled properly.

SB processor is located in the bottom side of the motherboard under the powersupply-module position.

2) Leaking Air-inlet powersupply-module top-enclosure causing overall area Overheating, the Square Foam air leaking port must be closed.

pic: https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/bgGcQCoRKNPsuOsh.medium
    =Cover this Square Foam with isolating (Duck)tape/copper/metal/foil/hardcover-tape, whatever to 100% Air-sealed this wrecking.

Depends on the damages done the 4 capacitors must be replaced.

These hardware fix will stop returning datacorruptions caused by the overheated SB i/o processor.
    ---
    100% DIY FIX update:

E102,E105 E10x E20x etc. are intended designed hardware failures in long run due datacorruptions on hdd/ssd/FW nand, mostly after warranty by overheating specific components inside the Xbox1X, gradually renders it unusable.

It start with symptoms: stuttering splash boot screen, clear/saved games errors, installation stopped, cant start game/app, console shutdown due ventilation while the fan blows max but console is not even hot, E102,E105 etc. hdd errors.

After an online System update the problems starts shortly, while before it was working normally. Then with offline OSU1 update will stops/hangs with error loops: E106,E102,E105 etc.

In the beginning you can still fixed it with simple RESETS and hdd reformats/replacements/OSU1 but in the end errors will returns quickly in a loop, because the main causes are not hardware fixed.
    ---
    I had found the time released hardware to fail design evidences and a full DIY hardware fix/repair.
    Since MS doesn't respond to my allegations, I'm prepared to make it public.
    ---
    REF:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/hsvtfq/error_e102e105_fixed_replacing_faulty_capacitors/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/dl8cta/for_everyone_with_an_e105e102_issue/

Last edited by xb000x, Nov 30, 2020
  21. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes, will work but better use Solid Capacitors have longer lifetime as these:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...570.l1313&_nkw=470uF+solid+capacitor&_sacat=0

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, I just put a 2TB HDD or 500GB SSD internal and no problems.
    First just quick format NTFS the SSD on a windows pc (no scripts needed), then put in xbox and USB update with OSU1 file.
    Make sure the downloaded OSU1 file is the same or newer OS version than whats now inside the xbox, otherwise you'll get E101 errors, then wait x weeks till the OSU1 is updated.

Last edited by xb000x, Nov 28, 2020
    ploggy likes this.
  22. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Thank you, Im hoping i can solve my issue without soldering, i've ordered a new thermal pad for the southbridge. (gawd i hope that solves it) :P

After i wrote that message about hdd sizes i went ahead and installed a 750gb (as 500gb) into the X and it worked fine so at least i know smaller hdd capacity in X's are possible ;)

23. zuli

zuli Newbie
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    well, why xbox shows e100 on launch then? isn't it a hardware error?

24. xb000x

xb000x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just keep repeating this OSU1 update many times then if everytimes it shows E101/E100 then its old version. If it alternates to E102/E105 then its the hardware wrecking, see above fix.

25. BoiDjakoCV

BoiDjakoCV Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console