1. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    Either use script method or OSU1 blank drive method, the partitions created in any of the methods has to remain untouched on the size, otherwise the UID will be changed and E100 or E200 error will follow.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. calegendre

calegendre Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    For the long term, am I best to just use the method where it does the standard 2TB setup and leave the 101 gig as a loss? It's still a massive improvement of space over what the standard drive has.

If there's long term implications for not doing it as the tool implies, then no need to complicate things. Just asking because I want it done right, and one opening of this thing is gonna be enough for me.

3. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    Yes, but if you find a way to use the unused space without changing the UID of the partitions, then you are free to try to use it, otherwise UID will be changed and errors described in previous post will follow.

4. calegendre

calegendre Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Left it as the tool suggests, and I now have a 2TB MX500 SSD in my Xbox One X.... went the clean install route so now it's all about downloading my games back to the system so they get a clean fresh install.

Once again, grateful for the tutorial, tool and advice!

5. m4yur1

m4yur1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello there!
    In past years i install a lot of HDD's in xone's, but:

I am working on 2 xbox one s with the same problem, hard drive, and, both have 1Tb.
    ok, but, when i try install a new (1Tb), i only recieve E100.
    The tutorial says that E100 is BD driver, but, when i try install a 500Gb HDD they works :rofl: .(same files, same method)
    I can't backup the actual files from both hd's because both are really dead, so, i isntall the 500GB and try upgrade for 1Tb with the scrypt, doing this, i have all the erros possible (E102,106..) and when i try reinstall the system, E100.
    Why install of 500Gb works fine and 1Tb won't go?, any tips help!
    :yay:
    obs: i try 4 HDD of 1TB

Last edited by m4yur1, Sep 8, 2020
  6. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @m4yur1 if you have standard size 1TB (not 960 GB nonstandard size) then delete all partitions created by script and leave the drive blank/unformatted/unpartitioned, insert it into XBox, download OSU1 from XBox support site, and copy $SystemUpdate from the archive to an usb flashdrive NTFS formatted, insert it to USB, turn on Xbox, go to Troubleshoot and hit Offline Update, it should work 100% without errors.

7. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Or: is yourbox an insider?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

8. m4yur1

m4yur1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi!.
    I wipe the 1Tb with the script, try the offline update, and get the E100...
    I not mentioned, the 500Gb is new HDD too, this i easy install.
    The 1Tb is a seagate mobile HDD 1Tb 1RK172-570 (the old 1Tb bronken is a seagate 1Tb mobile HDD too).

I notice one thing, after i put the 1Tb blank and try the install, the xbox creat all partitions but dont set the letters, with the script i fix the that, without sucess...

scroeffie1984 likes this.
  9. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @m4yur1 don't use the script at all, just follow the instructions i gave you, it should work. Seagate Mobile is the worst HDD for XBOX, i had problems with this type of HDD, i succeed to upgrade the XBOX with a Seagate Mobile HDD and after two weeks stopped working at all, every time E100 error, even if i use script method ot OSU1 method, the drive was and still working on a notebook, but on XBOX don't, so i suggest you choose WD 1TB or Seagate Baracuda 1 TB or a SSD with 1 TB standard size (not 960 GB nonstandard).
    Use OSU1 method by inserting blank harddrive (unpartitioned/unformatted just BLANK) HDD/SSD 1TB standard size into XBOX and copy $SystemUpdate from OSU1.zip on a USB flashdrive NTFS formatted, then insert it to an USB to XBOX, turn on XBOX go to Troubleshoot and hit Offline Update and let it do the job, should work to 100%.
    If you use nonstandrd size of 480GB, 960GB or other nonstandrad size of HDD/SSD, the you have to use script method.

Last edited by mrben, Sep 9, 2020
  10. m4yur1

m4yur1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Ok, i try a low level format, because "just blank/unpartitioned/unformatted wont work...
    The low level format take probally ALL day....

11. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    try different model, WD or a SSD, don't try anymore Seagate

12. m4yur1

m4yur1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I buy 4x 1Tb seagate :D

13. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    i already had a problem with New Seagate HDD, described in previous post, i switched to 1TB SSD Patriot and don't have any issue after 2 months from upgrade, i used method blank SSD with OSU1.zip and worked flawlessly

14. Gords78

Gords78 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I put a 2tb Baracuda in my xbox one scorpio using this guide. Seems to work fine but whenever i reset the console it gets stuck on 0% of step 2 Verifying. It carries on as normal after power cycling the xbox.

The xbox was originally on the insider program on the previous failed hard drive but was unused for most of a year.

Any idea as to where ive messed up?

Thanks.

15. Thunderzone

Thunderzone Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi, I have an Xbox One X with standard 1Tb hdd and an Xbox Elite with the standard 1Tb SSD.
    Both consoles work fine and both have my account details on them. Can I simply remove the drives and swap them over without worrying about formatting & setting up? as I would like the SSD in my One X.

Last edited by Thunderzone, Sep 12, 2020
  16. 4ia_amotg__

4ia_amotg__ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I think I messed up this process and I'm stuck in a weird loop.

When I formatted my SSD with the script, I re-installed it and booted the Xbox and jumped to try an OSU update, but the system hung at ~93% for a few hours and when I reviewed the footage, I saw I missed the step to reset the system, force the NAND to format, then move onto the OSU upgrade.

I removed my SSD, re-formatted it and re-partitioned it with the script, reinstalled it into the Xbox, but now, when I boot it up, for a brief moment, it'll show the update screen at some percentage, crash, and take me to a troubleshooting screen with E106. If I try to reset this system, it'll take me back to the troubleshoot screen. If I try an OSU from there, it'll roll instantly to an E101 error page and I get stuck in that loop.

I tried formatting the drive the again, partitioning it, and everything, but booting the console always brings me to that partial update screen and again with the errors and at this point, I don't know what to do with it.

Anyone run into a similar issue? Or have any suggestions?

Last edited by 4ia_amotg__, Sep 24, 2020
  17. Govak

Govak Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Following all the steps in the youtube video. I will get to the part where you first turn the xbox on after reformatting, get the E106 error, and then select the remove everything option. Except where in the youtube video it freezes, mine will restart and start back up at finalizing update, freeze and 33% and then get another E106 error. It seems like i am stuck in a loop where i can not reset my NAND... any idea on how i might solve this problem?

18. ZaMaster

ZaMaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hi OP, I just tried the create_xbox_drive_gui.bat version of your script and everything seems to be working fine when direct copying from original disk to new disk, but at the final step (copying from source to target) it fails.

I just noticed it unmounts the drive paths (U - Y) for the source disk at the step prior to starting the copy process, but when trying to copy it fails because the drive letters don't get mounted again on the source disk. On the target disk everything is fine.

I worked around this by mounting the drive letters myself before clicking 'yes' on the final step. I hope you can have a look at your powershell script again for future use.

Thanks for the great script btw.

Edit: Seems to be working fine after manually changing the drive letters before copy and afterwards running option c (Fix GUID values without formatting the drive). Just started my One X without a problem.

But would still be great if the powershell script got an update regarding mounting of U - Y drive letters.

Edit 2: For reference; I was using the 1TB option with direct copy.

Last edited by ZaMaster, Oct 1, 2020
  19. ZaMaster

ZaMaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I think you forgot to run the script again after copying the files and using option c (Fix GUID values without formatting the drive).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console