1. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @tylermac yes, blank and offline update via usb flash drive ntfs formatted, $SystemUpdate from OSU1.zip has to be copied to flashdrive.

@FormelLMS take from somewhere a 500GB HDD and try, if it's really the HDD then you can buy a new one and replace it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited by mrben, Jul 28, 2020
  2. tylermac

tylermac Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @mrben thanks for replying. Another thing to add, my HDD is initialized via disk management. could that be a problem?

3. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    my faulty hdd was intialized too, and i replaced it, because my xbox didn't accepted it at all.

4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi, do I have to format the HDD anyhow before installation or pluggin in and fire the console up?

5. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    If is the XBox One S or X you don't have to format it or partition, just insert it blank, then add the $SystemUpdate from OSU1.zip on usb flashdrive and plugin it to usb(flash drive has to be NTFS formatted), turn on xbox and hit Troubleshoot then Offline update, it should work. For this case to work the HDD/SSD has to be standard capacity of 500GB, 1TB or 2TB, not 480GB, 960GB or other size that is not standard, otherwise you have to use script for not standard capacity.

Last edited by mrben, Jul 28, 2020
  6. CITGO

CITGO Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I want to put a SSD in my original xbox one 1tb. Can I downgrade the storage capacity to 500gb?

7. tylermac

tylermac Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @mrben Thank you for the help. Just giving an update and hope this can help someone else who comes across this thread: I returned the 2tb hard drive I was having issues with and exchanged it for a 1tb hard drive (don't need 2tb anyways). Downloaded a fresh OSU1 file and placed the $Systemupdate file on my NTFS formatted USB drive. Put the new blank (untouched) hard drive in my xbox one x, plugged in the USB stick with OSU1 on it and was greeted with en error code, performed the offline update - success. It booted straight to the home screen so I went to settings and reset the console. As it was preparing the console I received an E105 error code so I held the power button down, unplugged the xbox and left it alone for ~15 minutes. Turned it back on and it sent me to the xbox set up screen, I followed the instructions and my xbox one x is now successfully working. Thank you again, this has been a painful process and I am now relieved to have a working xbox again.

8. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @CITGO yes, 500GB standard capacity, insert it blank to xbox and use $SystemUpdate from latest OSU1.ZIP copied on a usb flashdrive NTFS formatted then turn on xbox insert usb flash drive hit Troubleshoot and Offline Update and should go 100% without errors. If you use non standard capacity like 480GB SSD or 960GB SSD then use script from this forum.

16v likes this.
  9. Megiddo62

Megiddo62 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Running Windows 10 Pro Version 1904 and get a weird message in red both within CMD (Admin) and Powershell (Admin) Here is what I get right after running the .\create_xbox_drive.bat file

* Running: create_xbox_drive.ps1
    * and enabling PowerShell scripts to be run directly with:
    Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned
    Get-CimInstance : The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

There is more in red but it wont let me post it here in the reply.

10. Megiddo62

Megiddo62 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It seems like it is having a problem with line 111 char 30 in create_xbox_drive and line 130 char 21 in create_xbox_drive_gui

+ $WIN_VERSION = (Get-CimInstance Win32_OperatingSystem)
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (root\cimv2:Win32_OperatingSystem:String) [Get-CimInstance], CimExceptio
    n
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80070424,Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimCmdlets.GetCimInstanceCommand

At the bottom after the red characters it says

Running: Windows
    Requires: Windows 10.0
    Get-Disk, Get-Partition, and Get-Volume cmdlets do not run on Windows 7
    Windows 8 and 8.1 has not been tested
    Press any key to continue . . .

I am not running Windows 7. I am running Win 10 v 1904.

11. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
    Global Moderator

United States
    Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this script! Just did a direct upgrade from drive to drive on my 1540 model Xbox One, from the 500GB to a 2TB Seagate Firecuda drive. Script worked pretty much perfectly - had to run the "c" workflow twice as it didn't rename the Temp partition on the first go - other than that, totally plug and play. Thanks!

tai1976 likes this.
  12. tai1976

OP tai1976 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry you are having issues please use the create_xbox_drive_old.bat script which is written in Windows batch instead of PowerShell.
    Get-CimInstance Win32_OperatingSystem
    Is standard WMI library call and should be present on all modern Windows systems. This is used to determine your Windows version.

Looks like your WMI repository may be inconsistent.
    Try running the following command and see what it returns:
    winmgmt /verifyrepository

Use the following article for more information on how to repair or rebuild the WMI Repository on Windows 10

13. Lord_Daniel

Lord_Daniel Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey, I just signed up on this site to thank the person who wrote this skript. It made my life so much damn easier. Does the one who wrote this skript have a known paypal Acc for a small tip?
    Thank you very much for that little program.

14. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    hey this guy is claiming you can install internal hdd with out the script is this real or bs

15. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    @scroeffie1984 yes, is true, if you read few posts back i also wrote how to do it without script to One S and X.

16. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I already asked it!

BUT
    You need a regular size hdd ssd.
    E.g. 1TB not 960GB!
    Then you need the script.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

17. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    what about >> this is a script which creates the exact hard drive structure Microsoft uses on each 2TB, 1TB, or 500GB console it sells.

wont data get corrupt with out using the script

18. mrben

mrben Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    You can use the script only if you don't have standard harddrive capacity or want to copy data from old harddrive, then yes script is best to use.
    If you don't care about the data from old drive and you want to upgrade or replace a old drive with a new drive with same drive capacity or bigger like 1TB or 2 TB standard capacity you can just insert blank new harddrive of standard capacity of the desired size and apply OSU1 via USB flashdrive NTFS formatted and everything will be fine, XBox will create the necessary partitions as it has to be for the size you choosed, i already upgraded to 1TB, without script and i don't have any issues.

19. Jasolis

Jasolis Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If someone could kindly help me, k would greatly appreciate it. I have an Xbox one x. My hhd crashes so I have been trying to install a brand new ssd. I have done everything that this process instructs and still, I keep getting the e101 error when trying to update.
    mall my files are current including the OSU1 file.

20. calegendre

calegendre Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Very awesome instructions, but I have a question..formatting it as standard (on a 2TB ssd) - leaves 101.02 gb as unallocated space. Should I just leave it that way, or is there a smart and safe way to take advantage of that extra space? Thanks again!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Internal, Upgrade, console